Community Crunch 282: Introducing Sinomacrops, Sponsored Mods, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

11 hours ago, GaintWalrusOfDeath said:

A bit disappointed that the Carcharodontosaurus didn't get picked for the Lost Island map but oh well. Hopefully they will add the Carchar in a future map. #AvengeCarcharodontosaurus 🦖

160987879_Carcharodontosaurus1.thumb.jpg.6e75a0234a6c1023f15c6d04a4d76dd8.jpg

A second vote will be done later this year, meaning carcharo's chances are high unless someone pulls a Sinomacrops again. 

12 hours ago, Killnor Dadem said:

What happened ro giving us the community the chance to vote in the 2nd round? If you missed your chance to participate in the creature submission process you haven't lost your opportunity!  We'll be opening up the entire process (submission of ideas, upvoting of ideas, narrowing to a top 10, and commencing a final vote) later this year for a creature that will be added to the game!

That vote isn’t for the lost island it is for a creature after the map releases

ok guys is a chance to carcha enter in the game whoever wants to support the carcha has my respect becouse the poor guy lost for 1% and came in second...if it were you would you think it was right if there was a chance for you enter and choose another one?and if one day we meet at the pve count on me to help you to tame only ;-;

6 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

A second vote will be done later this year, meaning carcharo's chances are high unless someone pulls a Sinomacrops again. 

true, but wc knows over half the community (some ppl who realised monkey wont have guns realised and now want carchar) wants a carchar. the smart choice would be to implement it and then have a vote. this way we can have new ideas that  instead of somthing that even wc knows will get voted in. we need carchar BEFORE the vote so, keep your secrets if you are making it for the next map but... just announce it before the whole communitry goes rogue. (and before the vote.)

1 hour ago, Tuffy09 said:

Everyone complaining about a dino that hasnt even been fully designed yet or know what it does ingame lol.. According to Jat its gonna have lots of buffs such as inventory weight etc.

something alot of ppl look over: ALL shoulder pets reduce weight of things in their inventory, go to the wiki. this one of the few reasons ive used dimorphs in the past. so its nothing new. also yes they have an official dossier. official model. this what its gonna do. its anti pest (microraptor, pego, seagull) and a weightless glide suit. the community(including me) is fed up by the fact that a yter who failed as an influencer got their creature added, even after failing to rig the vote. the more i think about the more i wonder if bribery was involved. 

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid
  • Facepalm 1

Some people man...

"Look at all these whiners!"

"Carchar is just another Theropod"

The white-knighting is real. Wildcard is a company, not your friend. People are perfectly allowed to file complaints to a company, especially one who has consistently shafted their community over the years (don't deny it.) The voting aspect spoke for itself, with the carchar coming second by 1% behind the dinopethicus and far ahead of all other dinos put on the list (once the final listing was made). This poor attempt at a buffed up Archeopteryx has definitely hampered people's anticipation for the new map. Even if the Carchar would not of been picked, anything else would of been better, the Bison, the Gorgonops or even the Cerato would not have amassed this much disappointment. Add the broken state of the game itself in many aspects and the lack of TLC passes for a lot of the older dinos (some who have not seen changes since 2015-2016 (Bronto?Carno?Everything in the water?No?) this was just another questionable choice that deserves to be questioned.

You like this new dino? Fine. But don't stand there thinking you're superior and doing wildcard a favor by trying to shut down people's disagreement with it.

I also like people's take on "The Lost Island is a tropical themed map" when the map itself has a variety of biomes including mountains, redwoods, desert and snow. Not to mention the fact it's far from finished. People will say anything.

Edited by Jannor
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

true, but wc knows over half the community (some ppl who realised monkey wont have guns realised and now want carchar) wants a carchar. the smart choice would be to implement it and then have a vote. this way we can have new ideas that  instead of somthing that even wc knows will get voted in. we need carchar BEFORE the vote so, keep your secrets if you are making it for the next map but... just announce it before the whole communitry goes rogue. (and before the vote.)

That's what I want. Adding as many creatures from the top 10 into the game as possible so the next vote is fresh with new ideas. 

Edited by HolyPoly1026

all the stuff for this map is cool but once again i will say it most likely will be mods only for pc players 

console players wont see it microsoft does not allow mods so onlessthey going to add all this stuff directly to the game its useless ive heard so much talk of all S+ being added hgbuild stuff being added new maps etc and have see nothing done about this, the game still has glitches and bugs that need fixed too

just my opinion stated above but i think everyone has noticed this

talk the talk do the walk wildcard  just my opinion again lol

its not about what community wants to see it is there choice and they pick alot from youtubers

just as all this hype about new maps new building structures or adding s+ hgbuild stuff

if they want it they will add it we dont get too choose so makes me wonder why the even ask us what we think 

just my opinion again on all this stuff

On 9/3/2021 at 11:33 PM, Jannor said:

I got to agree with @TheTwistedKeeper.

This was a poor choice to make. You could of just given the Archeopteryx a TLC pass and it could of done the same thing as this little piece of crap you've chosen to make. Anything else would of been better; Carchar, Bison, even Suchomimus (pardon my biased), anything or at least something ridable. You already got a huge list of shoulder pets 3/4 of players don't even use/tame, most in need of a model/ability revamp (like 60% of the dinos you got left in-game that have not been changed since 2015-2016. What were you thinking? Ah hell I should be used to it by now, you start out so good and then you just disappoint at the end.

Replying to you because you @ me, though not all of it's toward you. Honestly I wanted the fishing pole dino (forget it's name) , I didn't want the Carchar but I would have much preferred that over adding in this squirrel. 

It has weight reduction, so does every other should pet already in the game. It can glide, why not say hello to the already useless Archaeopteryx the first glider pet? It can stun small creatures, that's really gonna be helpful , not like you can't just one shot them /s .

Over all what was the point of the vote? Because from where I'm standing it was a waste of time, if youtubers can just get the creature they want whether it wins or not, why bother voting? So I can just guess that youtubers call the shots now. 

24 minutes ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

Replying to you because you @ me, though not all of it's toward you. Honestly I wanted the fishing pole dino (forget it's name) , I didn't want the Carchar but I would have much preferred that over adding in this squirrel. 

It has weight reduction, so does every other should pet already in the game. It can glide, why not say hello to the already useless Archaeopteryx the first glider pet? It can stun small creatures, that's really gonna be helpful , not like you can't just one shot them /s .

Over all what was the point of the vote? Because from where I'm standing it was a waste of time, if youtubers can just get the creature they want whether it wins or not, why bother voting? So I can just guess that youtubers call the shots now. 

All I can read from this is the following...

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

[End of translation]

Grow up, Charhcara wouldn't do much other carnivores already do either... Plus it too was influenced by a youtuber. So by your logic we should never get a charchara period.

Edited by TyranntX

God I wish I'd been hanging around on the site for the day this dropped. Salt always tastes best when it's fresh, and boy howdy is there a lot of it. Everyone screaming about the second vote seems to either have forgotten or never paid attention, Ced said that the second vote would be for a FUTURE map, not LI. Furthermore I'm actually glad carchara wasn't added, while I would've definitely preferred Gorgonopsid or Bison Latifrons I can at least accept this creature (negative associations thanks to Nexxus aside) for the simple fact that it'll make for a decent microraptor deterrent. I still hold firm to the belief that Carcharadontosaurus being added just because people stamped their feet at screamed would've been the wrong way to go, and the way people are reacting just cements my belief further. Seriously, you people are getting this absolutely booty bothered because you just ASSUMED you'd get your way like spoiled children, and like spoiled children you're now falling out in the floor of the toy aisle because the first round of mewling evidently wasn't enough. Capitulation to that behavior would only ever mean we'd see a repeat of the same behavior every time things didn't go your way because you would know it works now.

1 hour ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

not like you can't just one shot them /s .

Ah yes, let me just grow a ring of eyes around my skull like some sort of demented jumping spider/man hybrid so I can see the microraptor coming from behind to dismount me, or pegomastyx or ichthyornis looking to steal my gubbins, or the titanomyrma or compies looking to ruin my taming efficiency by rushing up and attacking me/hitting my quarry while I'm focused on my downed perspective tame. Truly I am the biggest of fools for forgetting I can in fact see some small creature not in my field of vision rushing in to pester me.

Alright now that the drama has died down momentarily let's see if we can debunk some "opinions".

Firstly to those of you saying that this is just a more useless Archy, let me remind you that the archaeopteryx is HARDLY the only thing that slows the decent of a falling survivor. The glider for example also allows the player to go long distances, and with enough durability to one's armor it could even traverse a whole map if you jump from a high enough point. Then there's the Rock Drake, an animal with cloaking abilities and can walk on walls, AND glide, it even can have a tek saddle! Then we have the terror bird, which can... Flutter?... for long distances with little stamina drain, and it's got enough movement speed to rival even raptors. and do I even need to talk about the tek boots which nullify fall damage no matter how far you fall? Archy like other tames has very niche uses, just because it's useless in the cancer that is PvP doesn't mean it isn't usable anywhere else. Sino has abilities that Archy doesn't, and is technically more aggressive, so to call it "The same" is just wrong.

Secondly, I fail to see how this thing is useless after reading its dossier. I didn't vote for it because it just looked silly and meme-ish, but now that I took a moment to think about it, this thing is kinda cool!... how is it cool? IT REPELS BUGS AND SMALL CREATURES! This thing is literally a mobile pest control, almost to BROKEN levels! don't believe be? think of it this way (examples)

Icthyornis? Yeah, now it's going to stop eating the tools you aren't using.

Pegos? Guess they are going to have to steal from someone else.

Compies? Numbers mean nothing to you anymore, they best bother some other beach dweller.

Troodons? No more torchlight strolls for you, just mount your sino and keep using the darkness as camouflage

Microraptor? Yeah no, they aren't stunning anyone anymore.

Ants? Just more food for your new pet

Dragonflies? Much of the same with ants

Leeches? Nope, you ain't gonna get sick anytime soon with sino at yourside.

Spiders and Arhtros? Pretty sure this thing was stated to take on bugs bigger than it so looks like no more hearding packs of raptors to clear out caves.

Vultures? Looks like the dead are the ONLY thing on the menu now wile you and Sino go about your day.

Nameless? no need to get charge when Sino's by your side.

Noglins? You serve no one, and the Noglin will not be the exception.

For those of you who have not caught on, it's the ultimate caving companion. Going after artifacts is now FAR easier so long as you bring enough of them with you. And these are just some of the examples I came up with. There are likely others I have not thought of.

Third, I find it laughable that those of you complaining are using the "It was influenced by a youtuber" argument. Know what was also heavily influenced? Charcharadontosaurus... And it still lost. So by YOUR logic maybe we shouldn't have a charchara simply because influencers demanded it too? Maybe we should ignore people like you simply because "They listen to the influencers they like"? Or Maybe there's more to it than that and you just are bitter that your vote lost again? I didn't vote for any of these animals, but you don't seem me crying about it do you?

Fourth and foremost, what would a charchara even do that other theropods don't? The other ideas for a carnivore at least had some ideas of taking things in a new direction, but charchara couldn't exactly say the same. Much of the tool kit fans suggested are available in already existing tames, and ironically they are glossed over in the same vanity people dismiss the voted creatures that did get in on the same merits they complain about.

"It could inflict bleed!"- So do the allosaurus, deinony, and kentro...

Allosaurus has a pack buff, meaning the alpha can inflict bleed on a target (as it is the only one who gets to inflict bleed) making their foes more vulnerable to attacks from the underlings. And if you have multiple packs you could keep the bleed status going for a really long time. Not to mention if you had a rex (or a giga if you line vanity pets that are too big) the bleed affect could act as extra damage to soften up a target for the bigger gun to deliver the final blow.

Deinony is FAR faster, and also has a pack bonus, however unlike allos they can attach them selves onto bigger animals and tear into them. Alone they are kinda pitiful, but in numbers (and high levels) they are kinda scary. much like the allo, they too can soften up a target for the tougher tames to finish off, only now you have more speed and mobility to pursue your prey,

The Kentro is a mobile spike wall, one that will wreck even gigas if there's enough of them. Their spiky bodies make it dangerous to get near them never mind fight them in close combat. And their aggressive disposition doesn't make them any less annoying to avoid either unless you are flying over them. The only real drawback to these tames is that you cannot ride them, but people can always mod that out.

"It could be stronger than the T-rex!"- Why? Even if it were to be like that, you'd be land locked and helpless against flyers. why does being "better than the T-rex" have to be a thing with ANY new carnivore? what's wrong with the bronze metal?

Tyrannosaurus is a staple in every game style, it's more readily available than the giga and doesn't take any where near as long (or need as much prep time) to tame and breed. It's smaller size makes it a harder target to hit, and it's higher stamina means you can run/attack far more often. you say you don't like useless tames, yet you are fine with making others useless? What?

"It could be like the giga"- you mean the same thing but smaller? Which is what the Giga should have been from the start. smaller, easier to maneuver, weaker than the T-rex (though maybe have more stamina/speed?). At the end of the day what you are asking for is NOT a charcharadontosaurus.... it's a TLC for the Giga.

The list goes on with some rather absurd complaints but these are the major ones I wanted to de-bunk. I didn't vote for Sino, but I'm Psyched to see it and look forward to getting some of my won when it drops (much like the monkeys, which I also didn't vote for).

Edited by TyranntX

Wasn't it easier to put a backpack in the game ?? What a disaster, in this dinosaur I vote people who do not play Ark or have 3 hours of play, and the sea of Ark is another disaster, they prefer this instead of a dinosaur that can be used even in the end of the game ... Thanks to all those kids who voted for Nexxus and never played Ark ... Those of us who have 7,000 hours seems useless to us........ 

Edited by Anabel
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jannor said:

Some people man...

"Look at all these whiners!"

"Carchar is just another Theropod"

The white-knighting is real. Wildcard is a company, not your friend. People are perfectly allowed to file complaints to a company, especially one who has consistently shafted their community over the years (don't deny it.) The voting aspect spoke for itself, with the carchar coming second by 1% behind the dinopethicus and far ahead of all other dinos put on the list (once the final listing was made). This poor attempt at a buffed up Archeopteryx has definitely hampered people's anticipation for the new map. Even if the Carchar would not of been picked, anything else would of been better, the Bison, the Gorgonops or even the Cerato would not have amassed this much disappointment. Add the broken state of the game itself in many aspects and the lack of TLC passes for a lot of the older dinos (some who have not seen changes since 2015-2016 (Bronto?Carno?Everything in the water?No?) this was just another questionable choice that deserves to be questioned.

You like this new dino? Fine. But don't stand there thinking you're superior and doing wildcard a favor by trying to shut down people's disagreement with it.

I also like people's take on "The Lost Island is a tropical themed map" when the map itself has a variety of biomes including mountains, redwoods, desert and snow. Not to mention the fact it's far from finished. People will say anything.

Exactly. People hate carcharo for no reason. They hate it so much that when you state your opinion that you don't like sino, they instantly go "SaLtY cHaRcHaR fAn" and it's annoying as hell. You say you want carcharo in the game, and all you get is "another theropod", "another large carnivore", "rex clone", "better allo", "giga clone", or the other billion quotes of nonsense enough to fill an "encyclopedia of carcharo hate".

Too many theropods? Sure, we have a lot of theropods, but that's where the bullcrap kicks in. Another theropod? Garbage. Another flyer? Awesome. Are you kidding me? Flyers have dominated the game even after the speed nerf, and there are 8 varients of the wyvern alone. Not only that, but we have more shoulder pets than theropods. Heck, there's more shoulder pets than omnivores. And carcharo brings lack of veriety while sino doesn't? 

I've also heard people say we have so many theropods that carcharo couldn't be given a unique ability. It's not hard to think of one unless you're not creative, and many people have done it before. Take Garuga's Ark Additions, where 3 theropods are added, all with unique abilities. 

Enough carcharo talk, people don't realize it's less about wanting carcharo and more about not wanting sino. Very little people wanted sino, but it got released anyway. The majority of the people don't like it, the rest call everyone whiny little babies just because they aren't upset with the creature. That makes so little sense to me. It's like Microraptor fans insulting everyone for not liking Microraptor. The majority of the people would've preferred anything else on the vote, but sino got added. To me, it's about the missed potential of this creature, and less about "this specific creature didn't get added, I'm upset". Me and a bunch of other people would have rather had anything else in the top 10, even if sino is somewhat decent. But every time we try and state our opinion, people call us whining pieces of crap, and I just don't get it.