Community Crunch 282: Introducing Sinomacrops, Sponsored Mods, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

This is horrible... A stupid little pterosaur (no offense) won because a bunch of YouTuber fanboys made it their personal mission to vote for a rigged creature. The amount of D-riding from that fanbase is real smh.

WildCard is also at fault because it was their decision & even though I didn't vote the Carcharodontosaurus it would be a better creature than another useless one. Dinopithecus didn't meet expectations but gun weilding would be hard to implement.

Failed us again & unrelated, Gen part 2 crashes after exiting the game & doesn't save.

• Thanks 3

I still would've rather seen the Charcar but reading the amount of salty comments is always hilarious. 🤣 
I wasn't even on board with this creature coming to the game at first but with its new dossier it actually seems interesting. Getting mutations on its wing pattern will be dope and It'll be nice to have a glide suit that doesn't eat away at your armor durability.  

1 minute ago, FlameK33p3r said:

I still would've rather seen the Charcar but reading the amount of salty comments is always hilarious. 🤣 
I wasn't even on board with this creature coming to the game at first but with its new dossier it actually seems interesting. Getting mutations on its wing pattern will be dope and It'll be nice to have a glide suit that doesn't eat away at your armor durability.  

agreed. Characaradontasaurus is actually my favorite IRL dinosaur but you don't see me throwing a hissy fit because it didn't win.

so... they gave the youtuber who failed as an influencer, their creature? this logic. im  genuinely facepalming rn. you give us the carcharodontosaurus to us for the most pleased community, you dont make the controversial thing, a thing. trust me there are gonna be dinopithicus people who are with us, trust me. and... CosmicSkeleton, some one said the archa is a useless creature in our debate, now, it is the DEFINITION of useless. this is an upgraded archa, " lets you glide..." archa does this, except now the stupid sino has this, and is probably useful in a fight, AND this thing probably will let you use dang tools. moving on from that. wildcard, you've enraged over half the community with this one. wildcard fricked up.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MangoRuby said:

lmao everyone here is so salty that charcharadontasaurus didn't win. yall need to chill someone is probably gonna mod the thing in in the future anyways lol

a mod for EVERYONE? US CONSOLE PPL  CANT USE MODS come on. we are probably the ppl who needed the carchar considering we cant have an easy way of killing gigas, inless we raise an army of heavily mutated (btw efficently mutating 10 melee mutations only takes ablut 3 months with console. the 5 melee mutations on my allos took 2 months.) 

Wow... Look at everyone upset another theropod isn't coming to ARK just yet.

There are no less than 8 rideable theropods in ARK already (Giga, Rex, Spino, Yuty, Allo, Megalo, Carno, Raptor). Of those, 3 of them are mainstays across every tribe in ARK.

There are 3 small bird-like creatures (4 now, including this one). Of those creatures, none of them provide the abilities a wingsuit provides - and the Archaeopteryx looks embarrassingly silly when holding it (it needs a should mount you can activate as opposed to something held like Link holds chickens in Legand of Zelda). Which suggests that perhaps this map will not have gems so we won't be able to craft wingsuits natively.

I didn't vote for this but I also didn't vote for the baboon or the charcaradontosaurus (I voted for the bison). I'm happy this thing is a) useful and b) is not "yet another theropod".

50 minutes ago, MangoRuby said:

lmao everyone here is so salty that charcharadontasaurus didn't win. yall need to chill someone is probably gonna mod the thing in in the future anyways lol

I'm not seeing people salty that carcharo didn't win. It's that Sinomacrops got chosen, which a lot of people didn't want. 

37 minutes ago, Cailean556 said:

Wow... Look at everyone upset another theropod isn't coming to ARK just yet.

There are no less than 8 rideable theropods in ARK already (Giga, Rex, Spino, Yuty, Allo, Megalo, Carno, Raptor). Of those, 3 of them are mainstays across every tribe in ARK.

There are 3 small bird-like creatures (4 now, including this one). Of those creatures, none of them provide the abilities a wingsuit provides - and the Archaeopteryx looks embarrassingly silly when holding it (it needs a should mount you can activate as opposed to something held like Link holds chickens in Legand of Zelda). Which suggests that perhaps this map will not have gems so we won't be able to craft wingsuits natively.

I didn't vote for this but I also didn't vote for the baboon or the charcaradontosaurus (I voted for the bison). I'm happy this thing is a) useful and b) is not "yet another theropod".

Tbh if you compare what sino does to what carcharo would do makes the (another theropod) quote I've heard so many times it's actually rediculous, not really make sense. 

Say Carcharo is similar to a rex in size, so it doesn't reach giga limits and can enter boss arenas. Here would be all of boss fighting combat dinos that can be used in at least 5 bosses:

Carcharo 

Rex

Spino

Theri 

Shadowmane

We can also see all of the Apex theropods in the game:

Rex

Spino 

Yuty 

Carcharo 

Then you compare that to the amount of shoulder pets in the game. 

Meso

Micro

Pego

Sino

Ferox

Noglin

Dimorph 

Light Pets

Jerboa

Otter

Compy 

Vulture 

Duck

Ichthyornis

While carcharo might not bring much versatility compared to others, do we really need another shoulder pet, let alone one with influence from a youtuber? 

Edited by HolyPoly1026

What happened ro giving us the community the chance to vote in the 2nd round? If you missed your chance to participate in the creature submission process you haven't lost your opportunity!  We'll be opening up the entire process (submission of ideas, upvoting of ideas, narrowing to a top 10, and commencing a final vote) later this year for a creature that will be added to the game!

I got to agree with @TheTwistedKeeper.

This was a poor choice to make. You could of just given the Archeopteryx a TLC pass and it could of done the same thing as this little piece of crap you've chosen to make. Anything else would of been better; Carchar, Bison, even Suchomimus (pardon my biased), anything or at least something ridable. You already got a huge list of shoulder pets 3/4 of players don't even use/tame, most in need of a model/ability revamp (like 60% of the dinos you got left in-game that have not been changed since 2015-2016. What were you thinking? Ah hell I should be used to it by now, you start out so good and then you just disappoint at the end.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

I'm not seeing people salty that carcharo didn't win. It's that Sinomacrops got chosen, which a lot of people didn't want. 

I'm pissed it got chosen, It shouldn't have even been allowed to go the the final vote as it's vote numbers were rigged. Now they add it, knowing it would piss peeps of. They pissed a lot of people of and are going to get what's coming to them & they are going to deserve it.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Okay, if NO ONE is gonna say it, I will. All you Carchar cry babies, the Carcharo would have been a Giga TLC in all honestly!

What we have here for the Sinomacrops is an almost original creature. Yes, it has a small similarity with the Archy, but also it has its differences. I am glad this actually made it and not some new Carnivore that may have not fit in with the tropical vibe of Lost Islands.

So dont be crying over the fact a dino you wanted to make it into Ark didn't, instead, take this creature with a grain of salt and really think it over. Look for the positives and not slave away looking at the negatives.

Excited to see what the dev's come up with next, keep up the great work.👍

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1