v678.10 positive feedback for a change

psionprime

The patch notes are pretty sparse for such a huge version jump but, so far, this is the smoothest play I've ever had. Even the world saves seem to be quicker. What had me really notice the interface being snappier was transferring items between inventories. Moving stuff individually , eg., to a replicator used to take a couple of seconds per item, now it is almost instant - same for other inventories.

I've also noticed the RAM requirement for Gen2 seems to be several gig reduced. Server startup took about x5 longer but hey, overall, good patch so far.

Thanks !

I hate to be the negative guy complaining on a positive post so I will tread lightly. Ever since the update I can no longer load into worlds. I can no longer even search for them.  Ive reinstalled, validated files and prayed to the Ark Gods. I always get a "Unable to Query Server Info for Invite" error. The session list includes smalltribes 74/75/76 only. No other worlds. I can load into them fine. But attempting to go to any other world not listed in session results (steam/server/favorites/connect) i get the error message.

With all that being said I am a Linux user. So Im sure this has something to do with it. Im glad to see positive feedback coming from users about the new patch. Im certain Im in the 1 percentile experiencing problems. Better the few than the many. So even tho Im experiencing issues that have disallowed me from even playing I'll be patient and wait for the patch. If it takes to long I can always dual boot Windows just to get back on the game. :D 

Im 1000% sure all my dinos are dead and I will have to start all over (as im a solo player) but hey... I don't love Ark because it is a fair and easy game. Ark has made me a little psycho over the years I guess. It seems I look forward to the crash and burn restarts. Nothing like Bobbin' it up. Can't wait for the game to be back up and running. 

2 hours ago, DrunkSh0t said:

I hate to be the negative guy complaining on a positive post so I will tread lightly. Ever since the update I can no longer load into worlds. I can no longer even search for them.  Ive reinstalled, validated files and prayed to the Ark Gods. I always get a "Unable to Query Server Info for Invite" error. The session list includes smalltribes 74/75/76 only. No other worlds. I can load into them fine. But attempting to go to any other world not listed in session results (steam/server/favorites/connect) i get the error message.

I've had that a few times. It happened after a Windows or AVG update screwed the firewall. Try briefly shutting down the firewall for a quick test or even try a VPN. A friend had that and turned out their ISP had started blocking "nuisance" ports much like the old Mindspring did with Quake until it went belly up with gamers moving to different ISPs. VPN worked for that too.

12 hours ago, Elgar said:

Just for information, the version number is a funny error from devs. They said in their official Discord :

😄

Man, if that was the only bug from updates, Id look foreward to them everytime I logged on. 

BTW, is this a server only thing or are we seeing this kind of improvements offline? Id love to see a much smoother inventory management offline.

Archived