Ah.. The Island

MisterAlloy

So, I'm kinda have played this game a long time ago like in 2016. Now it has so many updates including DLCs. I wonder is there anyone who still play on the island without any tames from other maps? Please share how you guys do your first 100th days LOL.

I'm just recently playing this again and I wonder if the gameplay changes a lot these days.

6 hours ago, MisterAlloy said:

So, I'm kinda have played this game a long time ago like in 2016. Now it has so many updates including DLCs. I wonder is there anyone who still play on the island without any tames from other maps? Please share how you guys do your first 100th days LOL.

The Island is one of the best maps for playing without tames from other maps. It has everything you need to work your way up to doing all of the caves and the bosses.

If I were in your position I wouldn't worry about how anyone else does their first 100 days, what's important to you is finding a spot, building a starting base, then start taming & building as you increase your personal experience and knowledge. You have to walk before you can run, trying to rush the first 100 days isn't going to do you any good.

The XP you get in the game is 4-times as much as what it was in 2016, they've doubled the game twice since then. You will find that you get levels faster than you can use them, you will be able to learn engrams that you can't afford to make yet.

Regarding your question - yes, you do need high-stats dino's to do boss fights, which means you have a lot of taming to do, a lot of building to do, and probably a good bit of breeding to do, before you ever fight your first boss. Don't start thinking of boss fights yet, they are a long way off an you will just frustrate yourself. Just focus on enjoying and re-learning the game, re-discovering the stuff you knew and learning the new stuff.

The improved kibble tree is amazing compared to what we used to have, so it will be much easier, and take up much less space in your base, to have the dino's you need for eggs to make kibble. There are plenty of changes in the game, but that one change will probably be the biggest improvement compared to what you remember.

Good luck and happy ARK'ing

20 hours ago, MisterAlloy said:

I'm just recently playing this again and I wonder if the gameplay changes a lot these days.

well, as for myself, I go for a parasaur as quickly as I can. Gotta get that narco cooking. After that, I try to level up as quickly as possible to get an anky, dodicuros, and something for wood.....mammoth, theri, beaver, steggo if nothing else. Build stone base, then get an argy going. When I get my wings, I start hitting supply drops for either a better crossbow or if Im lucky, a better rifle. Once that is all done, work on the normal tames for caves, and the boss fighters. I like to go with theri's as you can do all the boss's with just them, but some people like rex's. Depends on your style and flavor.
As for the caves, typically a thylo for normal caves, basil for underwater caves, bred and imprinted froggy for swamp cave, and a bred and imprinted yuty for snow cave. A pocket pig is VERY usefull for these cave runs in order to heal your tames a bit quicker when you get the chance to take a break.

Once Im starting to hit the caves, I start hitting supply drops for saddles. The theri saddle is extremely hard to get ahold of, so is the rex saddle, and also some armor. Maybe a better pump shotty too. About this time Im also breeding violently for the boss fights....you need mutations anymore in order to try and take down the bosses as the broodmother and dragon is no joke. Since I run theri's, Im also cooking up cakes. I used to tame bee's for the hives, however Iv noticed how slow honey is created, so now I just tame a quetzel, get a platform saddle, a bear, and hit up the redwoods. Also Iv allready put taps in the trees and have sap. Beware of falling cats. Take the honey and sap back, industrial cook cakes, and after getting a few health and melee mutations, we boss fighting.

I used to think the best way was broodmother, monkey, then dragon. But now its monkey, brood, then dragon.....Monkey is stupid easy, but my loadout and run is thus. 18 theri's 10 cakes, 1 deadon, and one yuty. Tell the yuty to ignore whistle commands, follow piggy, and scream at everything. Hop on the pig, run the crew to the monkey, tell them to kill monkey, and sit back while spamming the healing command and eating all the cooked prime meat you can. Dodo egg kibble is best, but not necessary if you don't want to bother with a dodo farm.

I do the same thing to the broodmother as well.

The dragon is the same loadout, but a different approach. I hop on the pig, tell everyone to follow, run around in circles to avoid the fireballs, have them attack the small fliers that pop up, wait for dragon to land, then let the dragon come to us to prevent anyone from getting stuck in the lava. Try to keep you and the yuty away from the dragon breath, but close enough to influence and heal the crew as they work.

Once its all said and done, I also like to have a couple rex's for the ascension cave as well as the theri army and an extra 20 cakes if they can handle the weight, however they all MUST have full mutations. More in health is best as you will need to be able to tank a lot of crap. The good news is after defeating the dragon, you get the rex tek saddle, and that pew pew is powerful. But having a ascension grade max saddle is a very useful tool if you need to swap em out for close encounters.....do everything in your power to get the giga to fall off into the lava. Also bring warm clothing and cold clothing......The cave run is hot enough to kill, and the ascension to the master controller is cold enough to kill.

Sick everything on the master controller, and cross your fingers.

Also couple hundred med brews never hurt anything for boss runs or the ascension run

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 5:28 AM, Pipinghot said:

The Island is one of the best maps for playing without tames from other maps. It has everything you need to work your way up to doing all of the caves and the bosses.

If I were in your position I wouldn't worry about how anyone else does their first 100 days, what's important to you is finding a spot, building a starting base, then start taming & building as you increase your personal experience and knowledge. You have to walk before you can run, trying to rush the first 100 days isn't going to do you any good.

The XP you get in the game is 4-times as much as what it was in 2016, they've doubled the game twice since then. You will find that you get levels faster than you can use them, you will be able to learn engrams that you can't afford to make yet.

Regarding your question - yes, you do need high-stats dino's to do boss fights, which means you have a lot of taming to do, a lot of building to do, and probably a good bit of breeding to do, before you ever fight your first boss. Don't start thinking of boss fights yet, they are a long way off an you will just frustrate yourself. Just focus on enjoying and re-learning the game, re-discovering the stuff you knew and learning the new stuff.

The improved kibble tree is amazing compared to what we used to have, so it will be much easier, and take up much less space in your base, to have the dino's you need for eggs to make kibble. There are plenty of changes in the game, but that one change will probably be the biggest improvement compared to what you remember.

Good luck and happy ARK'ing

That is pretty much what I did until now, thanks for sharing. Well in my case I'm using vanilla or default settings without changing any parameters at all (like xp etc multipliers settings) which makes it kind of a long run to leveling up my dinos, especially herbivores and squishy flyer LOL. Any tips for solo besides explorer notes (they're like limited stuffs), and alpha hunting (they munch too much)? Hahahahaha XD.

Also, do you guys max your dino's level before breeding? or vice versa?

On 9/3/2021 at 7:16 PM, wizard03 said:

well, as for myself, I go for a parasaur as quickly as I can. Gotta get that narco cooking. After that, I try to level up as quickly as possible to get an anky, dodicuros, and something for wood.....mammoth, theri, beaver, steggo if nothing else. Build stone base, then get an argy going. When I get my wings, I start hitting supply drops for either a better crossbow or if Im lucky, a better rifle. Once that is all done, work on the normal tames for caves, and the boss fighters. I like to go with theri's as you can do all the boss's with just them, but some people like rex's. Depends on your style and flavor.
As for the caves, typically a thylo for normal caves, basil for underwater caves, bred and imprinted froggy for swamp cave, and a bred and imprinted yuty for snow cave. A pocket pig is VERY usefull for these cave runs in order to heal your tames a bit quicker when you get the chance to take a break.

Once Im starting to hit the caves, I start hitting supply drops for saddles. The theri saddle is extremely hard to get ahold of, so is the rex saddle, and also some armor. Maybe a better pump shotty too. About this time Im also breeding violently for the boss fights....you need mutations anymore in order to try and take down the bosses as the broodmother and dragon is no joke. Since I run theri's, Im also cooking up cakes. I used to tame bee's for the hives, however Iv noticed how slow honey is created, so now I just tame a quetzel, get a platform saddle, a bear, and hit up the redwoods. Also Iv allready put taps in the trees and have sap. Beware of falling cats. Take the honey and sap back, industrial cook cakes, and after getting a few health and melee mutations, we boss fighting.

I used to think the best way was broodmother, monkey, then dragon. But now its monkey, brood, then dragon.....Monkey is stupid easy, but my loadout and run is thus. 18 theri's 10 cakes, 1 deadon, and one yuty. Tell the yuty to ignore whistle commands, follow piggy, and scream at everything. Hop on the pig, run the crew to the monkey, tell them to kill monkey, and sit back while spamming the healing command and eating all the cooked prime meat you can. Dodo egg kibble is best, but not necessary if you don't want to bother with a dodo farm.

I do the same thing to the broodmother as well.

The dragon is the same loadout, but a different approach. I hop on the pig, tell everyone to follow, run around in circles to avoid the fireballs, have them attack the small fliers that pop up, wait for dragon to land, then let the dragon come to us to prevent anyone from getting stuck in the lava. Try to keep you and the yuty away from the dragon breath, but close enough to influence and heal the crew as they work.

Once its all said and done, I also like to have a couple rex's for the ascension cave as well as the theri army and an extra 20 cakes if they can handle the weight, however they all MUST have full mutations. More in health is best as you will need to be able to tank a lot of crap. The good news is after defeating the dragon, you get the rex tek saddle, and that pew pew is powerful. But having a ascension grade max saddle is a very useful tool if you need to swap em out for close encounters.....do everything in your power to get the giga to fall off into the lava. Also bring warm clothing and cold clothing......The cave run is hot enough to kill, and the ascension to the master controller is cold enough to kill.

Sick everything on the master controller, and cross your fingers.

Also couple hundred med brews never hurt anything for boss runs or the ascension run

Rex nowadays are truly the same annoying as Yutys LOL... Can't get to close to their roar.. Is this applies only to flyers or land mount as well? Rex Roar definitely dismount me pretty bad...

And yes, about med brews.. some of the youtube streamers says it is a lot better to make custom recipes... anyone wants to share theirs?? HEHE

this is how i normally start new maps.

find a place to build and make a small fort.

make as many narcotics as possible. kill dodos and smaller dino for meat and let it spoil.

tame a mid level trike and harvest narco berries with it

now tame a flyer....an argentavis if possible, it not a pteranodon first, then argentavis directly after.

tame an anky for building materials

at this point you should be good to go after something like a rex and then the rest is up to you.

2 minutes ago, invision said:

this is how i normally start new maps.

find a place to build and make a small fort.

make as many narcotics as possible. kill dodos and smaller dino for meat and let it spoil.

tame a mid level trike and harvest narco berries with it

now tame a flyer....an argentavis if possible, it not a pteranodon first, then argentavis directly after.

tame an anky for building materials

at this point you should be good to go after something like a rex and then the rest is up to you.

At this point I have tamed several basics like doedicurus, anky, ptera, barry, shark, angler, therry, trike, turtle, lystro, ichtyornus, dolphin, and carno LOL... I need REXXX hahahahhaa and Giant Honey Bee. YESS! How the best way to get rid of her minions guys??

47 minutes ago, MisterAlloy said:

At this point I have tamed several basics like doedicurus, anky, ptera, barry, shark, angler, therry, trike, turtle, lystro, ichtyornus, dolphin, and carno LOL... I need REXXX hahahahhaa and Giant Honey Bee. YESS! How the best way to get rid of her minions guys??

Honestly its best to use a dire bear and quetzel.....the bear does not get attacked by bee's and you collect 15 honey from each hive! 5 hives, and you have 75 honey! 😮

3 hours ago, MisterAlloy said:

But I want a yellowish pancake mountains at my base 🤩

Can't lie, on aberration I got a way of keeping it near the cooker where all I gotta do is pop open a trap door and get the honey out right there and its kinda neat. On the island tho, compleat waste of time/space.

Best way of doing it if you really want it is to wear ghille, hit a bug spray, and take a high level tame up to a beehive {not in the red woods}. and either start shooting it with a long neck, or if your gutsy, a high level argy or something....Couple hits on the hive, wait for it to get really destroyed looking, take your time with the hits and when it pops, fly away as fast as possible. Get far enough away, the little bees will explode....Get on the ground, leave your mount, crouch walk back to the scene and try to find the queen. She won't send her workers at you unless you get too close while walking. Typically she will hover around, but every so often she will turn and come to you. If she does, stop and see if she fly's by you, if she does you can typically give her the rare flower. If not, you can do a push and see if you can give her the flower while on the move. 

If the workers ever try to attack you, see if you can lay down to avoid their attacks. If your lucky you can avoid getting hit and just wait for the queen to leave attack range which will kill off the workers.

Just keep in mind your surroundings and other problems.....raptors, compy's, ect. ect.

7 hours ago, MisterAlloy said:

That is pretty much what I did until now, thanks for sharing. Well in my case I'm using vanilla or default settings without changing any parameters at all (like xp etc multipliers settings) which makes it kind of a long run to leveling up my dinos, especially herbivores and squishy flyer LOL. Any tips for solo besides explorer notes (they're like limited stuffs), and alpha hunting (they munch too much)? Hahahahaha XD.

it doesn't matter if you level them it doesn't change breeding them, the levels aren't passed on. As someone else said. If you play it awhile you will get

the order you want to do things. I've found no matter how good the information is, nothing compares to having your own system in place.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, MisterAlloy said:

Any tips to deal with Eurypterid? I need black pearls a lott... Can my Angler do them?

depends on which map your on, but since you mention the eurypterid, Id suspect the island.....I usually breed a basil.....50k health, 1k melee....either I will just hit the east hardwater cave to get pearls, or I will try to go alpha tuso and mosa hunting.

The cave is a bit of a grind, but always yields something. With that said, one alpha mosa and boom, 100 pearls. Big pay off. You also get the chance of getting a high end fishing pole which could yield some high level blueprints.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:50 AM, MisterAlloy said:

never mess with the levels of the parents that you wish to breed. Leave them alone so that you can see if your babies have the combined good stats of both parent, or to see if there was a mutation...I usually call them mom and pop, and then put them into the cryofridge to have reference numbers on standby in case something happens after I get the breeding line going.

Only level up and imprint the last line that you will actually be useing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 2:41 PM, wizard03 said:

never mess with the levels of the parents that you wish to breed. Leave them alone so that you can see if your babies have the combined good stats of both parent, or to see if there was a mutation...I usually call them mom and pop, and then put them into the cryofridge to have reference numbers on standby in case something happens after I get the breeding line going.

Only level up and imprint the last line that you will actually be useing.

Hey thanks for the info! Yeah I'm actually still can't decide on either they're going to be egg laying staff or sits in cryofridge LOL. Recently I found my Juvenile Argentavis, near feeding through full of meat, die. Just because I was on another base (forge base on mountain). I just notice it when I fast travel to my main base and saw it on log. Anyone have this same issue?

3 hours ago, MisterAlloy said:

Hey thanks for the info! Yeah I'm actually still can't decide on either they're going to be egg laying staff or sits in cryofridge LOL. Recently I found my Juvenile Argentavis, near feeding through full of meat, die. Just because I was on another base (forge base on mountain). I just notice it when I fast travel to my main base and saw it on log. Anyone have this same issue?

It seems to happen quite often, no real explanation other than its just one of those bugs that wildcard never fixed.....my thinking is that the babies continue to grow while their trough unrenders and disappears anytime you leave the area. Thus causing them to starve because the trough is "gone".

Because of that, your essentially stuck in the area to raise them, or if you do plan on going out and doing something, you absolutely must come back once in awhile to prevent this.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, wizard03 said:

It seems to happen quite often, no real explanation other than its just one of those bugs that wildcard never fixed.....my thinking is that the babies continue to grow while their trough unrenders and disappears anytime you leave the area. Thus causing them to starve because the trough is "gone".

Because of that, your essentially stuck in the area to raise them, or if you do plan on going out and doing something, you absolutely must come back once in awhile to prevent this.

I see. That makes sense now. Thanks! Hey anyone here know how to set up the elevator stop points? Currently I don't have an access to S+ stuffs and though I've tried using cat walk or something else it keeps on elevating no matter what unless I do manually stop the elevator.. Hmmm

5 hours ago, MisterAlloy said:

I see. That makes sense now. Thanks! Hey anyone here know how to set up the elevator stop points? Currently I don't have an access to S+ stuffs and though I've tried using cat walk or something else it keeps on elevating no matter what unless I do manually stop the elevator.. Hmmm

I couldn't figure it out myself. I just did impromptu stopping of the elevator manually.

Anyone has any experience with breeding low level dinos? I did with several breeding and stuck on that health stats for quite a lot. LOL Now I have an army of raptors

image.thumb.png.1bcd20226a8b43afd9ac0ad2db8ec575.png

So far I only get stats mutation from the first (wild) parent.. their children is rarely giving me any stat mutations... Any tips?

Archived