Plugin VivoxCore failed to load

KelTuzack

Doesn't work if you run an actual server (Xeons, ECC RAM, SAN), especially if you use Linux, Unix, or BSD. Wouldn't work on Mac either. Also, generally speaking, real servers are headless beasts running a bare-metal hypervisor and multiple OSes inside them.

FWIW, I tried grabbing the server from Steam on my gaming rig and get the same crash. Vivox is the problem. I run Steam and only have Steam players. I need a way to force Vivox to not freaking load.

Also, if you install the server (Ark server) properly (using SteamCMD) you can simply delete the EXE as you have done and run a quick verify via SteamCMD and it will download a fresh copy.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I found the real issue. Since the dawn of Ark we have been able to do an install of the dedicated server in Linux and Windows, and then use symlinks in Linux or junctions in Windows to make clones of the installs so we could have one single install of the dedicated server and content, but MANY servers running from it. Somebody like me, who has ten servers, would need about 3TB of space to run ten servers instead of just under 300GB. Major difference.

Doing a clean install and running works, but the configuration which has been supported from day one is now broken because Vivox, WHICH WE DO NOT USE NOR WANT, does not like junctions in Windows or symlinks in Linux. The problem is literally Vivox, which means we either go spend thousands on new SAN hardware or we stop playing. I cannot afford to go out right now and purchase a ton of new SSDs for a few RAID arrays to total 3TB on a SAN (plus enclosures supporting the new, larger drives) because a stupid piece of software is not compatible with the OS it runs on (symlinks have been in Linux for decades, same for junctions in Windows). Wonder if I can get a refund after six years because I am being blocked from playing and not for cheating or hacking or whatever.

Just so people know, as soon as patch 337.15 came out, our cluster went back online like nothing was wrong. That was the patch which changed it back from version 678 to 337 where it should be. I wonder if the version number had anything to do with it. All I can say is that 337.15 was applied, we attempted to start the server again, and it started. We tried another server and it started. We're good again, but something was broken bad until 337.15.

Archived