Am I able to see original stats of tames after levels?

Zadira

5 hours ago, Zadira said:

Is there a way to see a tame's original stats after they have been leveled?  I am on a server with no mods so can't use items like the Awesome Sypglass.

Not in-game. You would have to use an external tool like "ARK Smart Breeding" to figure out the original stats upon taming.

For what it's worth, using something like A.S.B. also lets you record all of your dino stats in one convenient place. I used to use it when I played on Official servers, even before I did any breeding, because it was better than recording that information on paper or manually to a file on my computer.

47 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Not in-game. You would have to use an external tool like "ARK Smart Breeding" to figure out the original stats upon taming.

For what it's worth, using something like A.S.B. also lets you record all of your dino stats in one convenient place. I used to use it when I played on Official servers, even before I did any breeding, because it was better than recording that information on paper or manually to a file on my computer.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was afraid that I was out of luck but didn't know about ASB! 

1 hour ago, Zadira said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I was afraid that I was out of luck but didn't know about ASB! 

Just a quick head's up. Trying to figure out the original tamed stats on a dino that has been leveled up post-tame can require a little bit of wrangling and experimentation with the options that are available to you inside of A.S.B. That's not the fault of the program, it's because trying to do the reverse-calculation to figure out what the stats used to be requires some math gymnastics and no program can guarantee it will know the answer every time. Quite often there will be more than on possibility for what the original stats were and you will have to do some clicking around the interface to find the answer that you think makes the most sense based on what stats you typically level up on your dino's and your best recollection of what the taming efficiency was when you tamed it.

It would be worth your time to watch one or two videos on how to use A.S.B. so that you fully understand what it's trying to do for you when you're trying to figure out the original stats. A.S.B. is written very intelligently but that doesn't mean you will always be able to scan in the numbers and guarantee you get the right answer immediately. There will sometimes be some educated guesswork required from you, which means you need to make sure you understand what A.S.B. is doing for you.

Other than ASB which has already been suggested:

1) You can breed with them against another that you do know the stats for, and if you get a offspring that has stats that don't match the other one, those would be the target stats you're looking for.

2) You can clone it. The clone will have the original stats, unleveled no imprints.

19 hours ago, Zadira said:

Is there a way to see a tame's original stats after they have been leveled?  I am on a server with no mods so can't use items like the Awesome Sypglass.

the best way of doing it would prolly be to take a screenshot of it after you tame it.....if your on xbox, hit the xbox button, then press Y......boom, stats saved

18 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

@Vit0Corleone gave the best suggestion to figure out the base stats in game.  ASB is great but like the earlier poster noted, it won't always be able to figure out exactly the stats because there could be a few ways the final numbers could play out to get there.   

All things considered, I'd say that in order of best-to-worst it would be:

1) Cloning - if someone has the resources to do cloning and if they're only trying to figure out a couple of dinos. If it's more than just a couple, it would be a waste of resources to clone dino's just to answer one simple question.

2) A.S.B. - if someone doesn't have the resources to clone, or if they want to figure out a bunch of dinos, or if they want to record the information for their tames to prepare for breeding then ASB is far superior to the other methods. ASB isn't perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than wasting time breeding dino's just to try and figure out their post-tame stats, it's a whole lot more time-efficient to work with ASB than to breed dino's just to get an answer to the question of stats.

3) Breeding to see what the offspring get. Yeah, this would work, but it would take a lot of time and resources to do the breeding and it would probably take multiple attempts per original parent just to figure out their stats. It's a lot of work just to answer one single question.

Archived