Please enable private multiplayer on Stadia

OriginalPenguin

Suggestion

Since ARK released, I've played hundreds of hours (~700) of split-screen and local hosted co-operative multiplayer. 
I haven't spent a single moment in an official dedicated server, or any dedicated server for that matter. 

I was heartily looking forward to playing ARK with my boyfriend via Stadia, using custom server settings (as we all do :P ), and being able to pop on and off at a whim. 
Alas, all but one of the methods of multiplayer have been removed from Stadia's port. Leaving players only able to join official dedicated servers (there's 8 of them), or play single player. 

Please, allow us to play multiplayer like everyone else. :/

11 replies to this server topic

On 12/1/2021 at 1:56 AM, Kilce said:

Thanks for posting this Tozi - I've been trying to do this nearly since the Stadia release as well.  I have a base version from the Epic store and can connect to my local private server there, but any time I try and connect from Stadia it crashes out.  I know it's finding the server by the IP address, and there's an error code that flashes on the screen for a millisecond (too fast to read), but it never actually connects.  It's got to be some sort of switch like the -crossplay option that is just not publicized, but I can't find any info on it.  If you figure it out, I would love if you could reply here or drop me a PM!

I had a few try as well 

The server was accessible from Steam but not from Stadia. I rented a Nitrado server to understand why it wasn't working on my own server, I couldn't find any difference in configuration and the command line used on Nitrado is not display in any logs. 

Note that `open <ip>:<port>` does not work even with a valid stadia server (which is accessible through the list of server). 

I suspect that `-crossplay` is not the right option as it allow crossplay between Steam and Epic and if it was used the Nitrado configuration would be Steam + Stadia + Epic but instead the possibility are Steam + Stadia or Steam + Epic.

Thanks for posting this Tozi - I've been trying to do this nearly since the Stadia release as well.  I have a base version from the Epic store and can connect to my local private server there, but any time I try and connect from Stadia it crashes out.  I know it's finding the server by the IP address, and there's an error code that flashes on the screen for a millisecond (too fast to read), but it never actually connects.  It's got to be some sort of switch like the -crossplay option that is just not publicized, but I can't find any info on it.  If you figure it out, I would love if you could reply here or drop me a PM!

Okay... Its about an own branch (password protected..). Even nitrado has its own..

https://steamdb.info/app/376030/depots/?branch=stadiatest

So i guess the public branch is not be able to manage stadia connections or.. something like that..

Dear ARK-DEVs 🙂 I am a senior software quality assurance technical engineer from germany. I would be very happy getting invited as a tester for the stadiatest branch.

OR ANY multiplayer options outside the dedicated servers would be amazing. Same story over here. I played arc a ton. my wife and myself have stadia and I was excited to play with her. FINALLY got her to try it.. took me 15 minutes to really be sure there were no local multiplayer options in the port after we opened it up.... guess i will check back in 6 months... maybe..

We are trying to switch from the PS4 version (where we rent a server for $) to the Stadia version.

Now we are running a private linux steam server with the "-crossplay" option and a bunch of settings in some ini files. Default ports open and RCON works as well. Unfortunately we can't try to connect via Steam because we don't own an ARK version there.. and can't use the PS4 accounts to have a test. But it's up and online (we can see in some web based server lists).

I was trying to find the server in the ARK Stadia server list - no luck - then trying to connect to the server (console: open IP:PORT) - nothing but a disconnect.

How can game server provider host private servers which we can find in ARK Stadia and also connect to?! Seems that there is a trick.. somehow.

Anyone knows more than me? Then please help. Thanks in advance! 🙂

Archived