Ark is now available on Stadia

Blackgemlord

Free with Stadia Pro from 1 to 4 months free (invite link). Expansions must be paid for.
It seems that there are several servers available from The Island that are also accessible from the PC version.

As is logical, different difficulties are expected such as problems to change the language and performance that I hope will solve soon.

It has come out without an official announcement neither by the developers here nor by Google itself apparently.

Once the game is purchased there, it does not require a monthly subscription to continue playing in the cloud.

so now another thing that will pull resources from the current state of bugs from pc and console......either they really are going to leave ark as a hot pile of garbage when ark 2 comes out with its bugs, or they just don't care about what problems currently exist.

I am really not going to bother with ark 2 at all at this rate.

I'm reasonably certain that a game on a  'streaming' platform is not a significantly different version of the game itself. i.e. I would not think Wildcard would  have to refactor the ARK game code to a different platform, like with Nintendo, XBOX or PS. ARK has been streamable for some time. I've done it thru NVidia GeForce Now Stream. I imagine it was more about a licensing deal to make it available in their streaming service, and all the streaming code to make that doable is on Google's side of the deal.

But if you are just haunting these forums looking for a new thing to bitch about, don't let that all stop you.

Archived