Beta Broodmother now like Alpha

Zapha

Nice patch devs, was just totaly devastated and ripped in peaces from Beta Broodmother with a setup which worked good 2 times the last days. It was like fighting the Alpha version.

From all things to do it was most important for you to raise the difficulty of the beginner boss?

I see now, it's best to never discuss strategies or stats in the forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if the patch fudged something up, they mess random stuff up all the time and its hard to tell what is a stealth nerf and what is a mistake.  On the stats note you are right, its not even worth discussing because most people don't actually know or work with the bare minimums for stats to take the different levels of the bosses.  My suggestion, host a test server and manually test before you decide to throw out hours of work you can't get back, thats the best way to know if stats should be good enough.

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Zapha said:

If they would have at least wrote in the patchnotes something like:

- Broodmother difficulty was adjusted and is now harder to beat

I wouldn't had started that fight and tried the gamma ape instead. Why don't they just write:

- We have changed things. Have fun finding out which ones.

There was no direct changes recently made to the Broodmother's blueprints so it is either an indirect effect to something else, or my first guess would be that the RNG was simply not in your favour this time and she performed her acid attack that is much more devastating more often than she did the previous times you played it.

6 hours ago, Zapha said:

If I remember right it was the opposite.

In the two successful fights I saw many of the green blobs flying around, but in the brutal shredding yesterday there was not much green on the screen, maybe nothing.

I think its hardly possible a patch directly changed the Broodmothers difficulty in any way. This is hardly done and will absolutely be noted in the patch notes.
Since you are the only one mentioning it, I really doubt there have been any changes lately and you probably missed out on something. (No mate boost, sabotage eg)

Unless more people back up your story, I think you should be more carefull entering boss fights. When a "close-call" might be a clear possible outcome of the fight, you really should keep taking decent prepping into consideration, every time...

Im sorry for your loss though :/

SpiderL_* files in the game folder have mostly not changed since 2019
There is one file SpiderL_AnimBlueprint.uasset which looks like a "How to draw spider movement" instruction changed in June of this year
The BASE blueprint for the Brood Mother last changed 2021/7/4
And the individual hard / medium / easy last changed in April 2020.

The only maybe relevant change I see is BattleArena/RTSControlCharacter.uasset changed 2021/8/21 - this could maybe be a nerf on how your toon actually performs in the boss battles, but on the face of it - Nope - no SPECIFIC change to Beta Spider

On 8/31/2021 at 4:14 PM, Zapha said:

Nice patch devs, was just totaly devastated and ripped in peaces from Beta Broodmother with a setup which worked good 2 times the last days. It was like fighting the Alpha version.

From all things to do it was most important for you to raise the difficulty of the beginner boss?

I had no problems with beta brood last night. The only problem was the 5k dmg to my rexes wearing capped saddles.

2 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

The only maybe relevant change I see is BattleArena/RTSControlCharacter.uasset changed 2021/8/21 - this could maybe be a nerf on how your toon actually performs in the boss battles, but on the face of it - Nope - no SPECIFIC change to Beta Spider

You can't conclude from changes in the client files to the behaviour of a boss on a server. There are scripts on the server you can't see.

Anyway, maybe it was really bad RNG, but then the RNG has a really wide range.

16 hours ago, Zapha said:

You can't conclude from changes in the client files to the behaviour of a boss on a server. There are scripts on the server you can't see.

Anyway, maybe it was really bad RNG, but then the RNG has a really wide range.

Yeah - but these files changes are from a dedicated server install updated with the steam "Ark Server" ID - not from a normal steam client install. So the principle does obtain.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:14 PM, Zapha said:

Could you list what Dinos you took into the boss fight and what their stats were? Might help figure out if they are just too weak or if indeed they did change something. Beta broodmother should be easy with a decent Dino army. 

7 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Yeah - but these files changes are from a dedicated server install updated with the steam "Ark Server" ID - not from a normal steam client install. So the principle does obtain.

Even if you check server files you don't have access to scripts and modifications of scripts on the official servers. They have their own rulesets for their servers and they will not tell us.

What I used for Dinos?

18 Deinos with 500% melee and 5k HP, a Yuti with 25k HP and a Rex with 25k HP (which I raised to 35k HP after the first beta fight).

Archived