Next Gen Servers!

SCAREKROW

So I am just curious about the next gen enhancement patch for the XBOX. I have heard that when hosting a Non-Dedicated server, the 'no tether' only applies to the circumstance when there are less than two players on the server - more than two and the tether is re-implemented. Is this true?

Do you guys XBOX X guys have the ability to host a dedicated server for Gen1 or 2?

I'm sure these features were promised at some stage but it appears like their full implementation on consoles will never happen.

I own a PS5, PS4 Pro and 3 PS4's - all bought so that I could host a dedicated server for Ark and play with my family, across all of the DLC maps. I was hoping that we would see these features implemented for Playstation, as stated, but I appear to have been mislead. I really just want the ability to host and play maps, that I have purchased, in a game that I purchased multiple times, on console that I have also purchased multiple times, for the express purpose of doing so. 

The lack of communication and seemingly misleading statements from devs has been disappointing. Been waiting years to see these features... 

Archived