PS5 Ark

SCAREKROW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a greta news for us all, when we almost lost hope:

https://www.psu.com/news/it-looks-like-ark-survival-evolved-is-getting-a-native-ps5-version/

https://twistedvoxel.com/ark-survival-evolved-is-getting-a-native-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-version/

It was supposed to release 2 days ago but the date was wrong afetr all ahaha. But there is still hope.

15 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I would take that with a grain of salt until it’s officially announced by WildCard. 

Well the XSX update was almost a year by now and there must have been some deal for exclusivity for it we didn't know about, and now they cna release the PS5 version after the 365 are elapsed imo.

• 3 months later...

Bump since I am worried about the PS5 version:

I bought ARK and expansions a while ago on PS5 when XSX version was announced thinking the PS5 version would follow after but nothing since especially that they know have a partnership with MS for the sequel . Devs said it will come after Genesis Part 2 but still nothing. And months ago PS5 version was rated but still nothing. I thought with PS+ offered now, and the parternship with Sony that this would be the best opportunity to announce the PS5 version but still nothing. What happened to the native PS5 version?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, PLASTICAMAN said:

What happened to the native PS5 version?

Without knowing what happened. I can speculate. 

A PS5 enhancement was announced.

Then an exclusivity deal was announced with Microsoft soon after.

Haven't heard anything about the PS5 enhancement since then.

I work in IT so I'm not allowed to believe in coincidences.

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Without knowing what happened. I can speculate. 

A PS5 enhancement was announced.

Then an exclusivity deal was announced with Microsoft soon after.

Haven't heard anything about the PS5 enhancement since then.

I work in IT so I'm not allowed to believe in coincidences.

Thanks for the reply but the PS5 version was announced then MS deal happened for the sequel 2 years ago then few months ago the PS5 native version was rated and I posted a link above. Then now a deal with PS+ Plus happened. I really don't know what is really happening. Unless you know something, please enlightne us. Thanks.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, PLASTICAMAN said:

Thanks for the reply but the PS5 version was announced then MS deal happened for the sequel 2 years ago then few months ago the PS5 native version was rated and I posted a link above. Then now a deal with PS+ Plus happened. I really don't know what is really happening. Unless you know something, please enlightne us. Thanks.

Sorry. I don't know what keeps players in the dark.

• 11 months later...

Bummed to bump this but I just saw the ARK UE5 tease. So we are in the 4th year since the Series X version was released and since the PS5 version was announced to come too: since 2020, so 2020 is over, 2021 is over, 2022 is over and 2023 is here and still got nothing. I am wondering if the game will be be ported to PS5 on UE4 first (I think it's over now) or directly be ported to UE5 on PS5, or worse never comes to PS5 by any chance.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:50 AM, SCAREKROW said:

No news on talked about enhancement. Previous forum posts on this moved and then deleted. 

What is going on? Is this WC's way of saying the update will not come to PS5? Could we at least get dedicated server hosting for Gen 1 & 2?

prolly getting it, but its lumped with the UE5 upgrade

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

prolly getting it, but its lumped with the UE5 upgrade

Hopefully it will come soon enough. I didn't touch the PS4 version because I am still waiting for the PS5 version. Hopefully they have options to toggle Hardware Lumen and RT to get better quality while sacrificing FPS and vice versa by disabling hardware RT and Lumen to gain FPS.

Archived