Fixed server offlisting but disabled character transfers...

inhumansalmon6

Who else is angry that every single patch they've made in the last 2 months has created a worse bug. First the windows 10 cryopod crash, then they patched that and created a noglin god mode glitch, then you patch that and the ark discord player tracking bots, but disable all character transfers SO I STILL CANT JOIN MY PREVOUSLY OFFLISTED SERVER. please stop halfasting updates. I suppose this last update hasnt broken the game further, until someone finds another exploit in your code, but it still didnt solve any issues, and half the characters that were on gen2 before you restarted the servers for a minor version update were off their home server and you stranded them. so how bout you release patch notes, that r now 2 versions behind, and actually announce that, Hey, character transfers will be disabled after restart to give people a heads up they may want to transfer to their actual server???? Who else has an opinion same or different? 

• inhumansalmon6 changed the title to Fixed server offlisting but disabled character transfers...

I agree, they aren't purposely creating more issues and the server offlisting was a major one, but i feel if they were to slow down on the minor bug patches it may prevent future large ones, to answer your question, i suppose the only thing that i feel would be reasonable to ask would be to give proper notice of features they are disabling to give time to prepare for the player, thru the server notifications before taking down the servers, along with posting the changelog. I understand they dont wish to let the exploiters know ahead of time of how they fix every issue but they are making the TOS abiding players unable to access what theye worked on, i had 1 player connected in my tribe and he had to solo defend against 4 people because 2 other tribemates online were stuck on gen2. at a minimum post the warning in game before taking servers down, and post the changelog Directly after taking servers down. thats a start and tbh the only part solution that comes to mind. It is a complex issue after contemplation.

And now my next point. 

Most not all but most patches are from people manipulating the system to best serve themselves regardless of consequences. 

Do we as a community demand tougher regulations and more bans.

I often thought the solution was easy but as you i think you've realised this is a huge problem for I think the best survival game out there. (All I play, not being busy lol)

We need to start to get forums of people with answers not problems,cause you know what my granny use to say "if your not part of the solution your part of the problem. 

The disabled transfer that just happened caused me to lose damn near everything in my ark data you guys might aswell discontinue this game you can't seem to get anything right no matter how many times you fix or patch something but I'm done with this game for awhile why would you all think it would be smart to do this knowing tons of players have stuff uploaded well congratulations you played yourself your about to lose a huge amount of players.

Playing on small tribes on CI PvP for the past few days and been able to travel to another server/map do some stuff and come back, been able to do it via drops and obelisk. Today I'm not able to, it comes up with the server list and I can highlight the server but I can't actually join any? Got nothing on me and no Dino's about. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I have all dlcs 

To be fair i dont care about a solution, i got stuck on gen2, lost all stuff and tames in my upload and my tribe had to defend with one player - Blame cheaters or Blame devs i dont care anymore ....... I have being around sindce the xbox early acces and im going to delete the game - and im not even going to look at the reviews for ark2 . Im out it's over im done

The amounts of crap we have to take is onacceptable and i refuse to keep having to start over becouse eighter the games or updates are raptored or couse some raptorers keep cheating 

yeah i thought they had fixed offlisting, but now i cant join my main server either, least they got an update in trying to patch it. But I still love ark, but they ruin something new with every patch that gets released, and im almost positive my base is gunna be raided when they finally update the game, they should roll back every server in my opinion like they did way back when. Players r literally holding their official servers hostage , if no one but the hackers can join they should bring down the network, or offlisted servers

Archived