Behemoth gate fences

DaRyuujin

5 hours ago, DaRyuujin said:

So just curious, have the devs said anything about adding in a large wall engram? You know so everybody isn't surrounding their bases with behemoth gates haha

For esthetics I just put a few down for entrance to my base and completed my perimeter walls like 5-6 rows high using either wood or stone.

My base is quit big, it's modular expanded regularly, so it isn't the nicest around, but it works. And since it is a 'survival' game (well at least when you start) I refuse to build big Barbie palaces or huge castles like some people do.

But at least I don't have horrible walls made of behemoth gates. :P

34 minutes ago, NukeZX said:

For esthetics I just put a few down for entrance to my base and completed my perimeter walls like 5-6 rows high using either wood or stone.

My base is quit big, it's modular expanded regularly, so it isn't the nicest around, but it works. And since it is a 'survival' game (well at least when you start) I refuse to build big Barbie palaces or huge castles like some people do.

Do you think doing it this way is cheaper material wise? 

26 minutes ago, NukeZX said:

We play on a pve server so we aren't worried about having a big base we just want one big enough to fit everything we want w/o it being crammed. We were lucky enough to get some ruins claimed and allied with a tribe who is on the other side of our ruins tunnel so it worked out great. Unfortunately that's a high traffic giga area so in order for us to make it so a giga cant air drop off a cliff into our area we have to wall off a good bit above us on top of on the ground to close us off.

To do that with walls high enough to stop a giga would be a.....daunting task both in the number of walls needed and the resources to do so. It's either use up a nice chunk of our tribes structure limit and a crazy amount of resources and what i imagine is a lot of base lag to wall it off with a proper wall. Or do what SO many tribes big and small do, make a gate wall.

I for one would MUCH rather have a large wall, even if it costs slightly more than a gateway/gate does to be able to build and place.

27 minutes ago, CMitch24 said:

Do you think doing it this way is cheaper material wise? 

We use walls 6 high becouse a ramshackle rpg will destroy a b gate in 1 / 2 shots and poof every dino that the attacker has can enter you base. With walls they have to use more ammo and plan their shots to make a big enough hole to fit dinos through.  Although lag is insane when you have a large base.

3 minutes ago, DaRyuujin said:

A behemoth gate is about what, 7 walls wide? And like I unno 12 high. So making a stone wall 7 wide and just 5 high would cost like 1400 stone, compared to the 900 for a gateway/door. 

So when building large walls the gateway/door method is TONS cheaper than building walls.

and less lag and less items to put down

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Why not? Oh right , you play pvp so everyone else is inferior? Child. 

UM I doubt that.  IT'S because No one  steals your stuff or kills your tames, so it tends to be easier also You can collect over several day nd save up for a big object..  

D1nk sometimes your attitude pisses me off.  

This suggestion has been made so many times even before this website existed (on steam). I would certainly hope someone's been listening... One important thing to point out is that get your "large wall" destroyed by attackers and they can walk a tanking bronto or a giga right into your base. It's the same problem as having behemoth gates, except it will at least look so much better. 

The main reason I use B-gates for fences is to reduce lag.

Go up to a large fence of walls that is as high as a B-gate, and it lags like crazy.  I would love to see some larger Wall type objects, even something that was say the size of a Dino gate (4x2) would be welcome.  Maybe also some dedicated 'Fence' objects to provide more fence looks without being an actual wall.

• Avios locked this topic

Archived