"Built Fjord Tough" on Alpha is impossible to complete on SP

ConvictGaming

As the title suggests, it is COMPLETELY impossible to beat without cheating somehow, as the weapons provided do not output enough damage to kill even the first wave of creatures before the timer expires. I've tried every weapon (except the hatchet which is obviously suicide) and despite not missing a single shot or taking any damage I am still unable to kill all the creatures before the time expires. And this is with "Singleplayer Settings" enabled. This mission needs a serious rebalance for singleplayer, as whats the point of having an impossible mission. If anyone has proof of completing it legitimately, please feel free to show me. But with the damage available it is currently 100000% impossible.

Nobody can do this Mission legit... First we beat it on official with a Tribemate who bite with Rexes thru the wall from outside but WC fix it.

Then we Download a Giga after start the Mission when transfer was open but Wc fix it.

Now we use two teleporter and a Tribemate who tp you a Giga in Mission area after start.

The Mission system is trash i prefer the Artefact run for Bossfight.

PS: on Singleplayer use a cheat 😉

I have even set damage and resistance of these gauntlet mission creature variants to 0.1 and was still unable to do it on a test save with gcm on. I have 169/176 missions and Alpha Corrupted Master Controller beaten but 6 basketball missions and Alpha Built Fjord Tough are mathematically impossible to complete as one player. Dodoball and Bulbdogball missions simply fail with one player and Alpha Built Fjord Tough lets you deal less then one tenth of required damage on the first wave without strategic cooperation with 9 other people who use different gauntlet weapons.

Comparing Genesis part 2 to Genesis part 1 missions I enjoy the former and can see me wanting to replay them and gain some skill to complete them easier. But the later are designed for online play only. I hadn't buy ARK during its first months of early access until I made sure it can be played on my own on my own PC with my own settings. Genesis part 1 is a beautiful map with some interesting new mechanics but if in the 2015 year there was one map and it was Genesis part 1 I would have never considered purchasing ARK as a multiplayer only game.

In a week Genesis part 2 servers become open to transfers. For Genesis part 1 missions to have any use except final boss fight they must give an adequate reward and be of comparable difficulty to Genesis part 2 missions so there is an incentive to replay them. With the current 0.1x hexagon reward on officials there must have been going internal process of reworking genesis part 1 balance including due to the reason I've mentioned above. There is a hope Wildcard implements changes to Genesis part 1 reward/effort mission balance or at least addresses the issue publicly around the date the transfers open.

Archived