Jump to content

Wild Shadowmane inside the building, on PVE


Recommended Posts

Question:
How does a wild Shadowmane, lvl 150, get inside the main building of my base which is on the far east end of the trench in Eden ?  Doors been closed and i only lost a  turtle. Once the turtle got killed the shodowmane was gone without a trace.

But still,  how can this be since they don't even spawn on the Eden side ?

Edited by Kizmiaz
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kizmiaz changed the title to Wild Shadowmane inside the building, on PVE
7 hours ago, Kizmiaz said:

Question:
How does a wild Shadowmane, lvl 150, get inside the main building of my base which is on the far east end of the trench in Eden ?  Doors been closed and i only lost a  turtle. Once the turtle got killed the shodowmane was gone without a trace.

But still,  how can this be since they don't even spawn on the Eden side ?

Did you used security system like Tek Surveillance Console when alone in base?

Walls, gates disappear when you use it, Very secure thing, I got bronto and other creatures too in base.

Im on PVE but must be special joke prepared by devs for PVP.

Could be that creatures got lagged in with our servers performance maybe.

On missions my observation is that mission creatures (shadowmane) don't go far from mission spot. Even at third stage if you try to lure them they teleport back.

On other side - i got out of base tames killed by brute ferox lvl 300 as probably someone did the mission ( was not present there, just message in tribe log)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noa said:

Did you used security system like Tek Surveillance Console when alone in base?

Walls, gates disappear when you use it, Very secure thing, I got bronto and other creatures too in base.

Im on PVE but must be special joke prepared by devs for PVP.

Could be that creatures got lagged in with our servers performance maybe.

On missions my observation is that mission creatures (shadowmane) don't go far from mission spot. Even at third stage if you try to lure them they teleport back.

On other side - i got out of base tames killed by brute ferox lvl 300 as probably someone did the mission ( was not present there, just message in tribe log)

I think you completely missed what the OP was saying.  A shadowmane , appeared in his base on the right side of the map, not left.   It's because the missions can end up inside peoples bases.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

I think you completely missed what the OP was saying.  A shadowmane , appeared in his base on the right side of the map, not left.   It's because the missions can end up inside peoples bases.  

No, I'm talking of Eden.

I learned it in hard way. Alpha mission final stage where shadowmane is not alone but followed with many other creatures spawned in the middle of lake.

I tried to pull one by one to not confront all together and was unable to pull it out of water on mainland as they return back on spot where they spawned.

Had to fight in water but still their behavior helped me to get them one by one as remaining group always returned on spawning spot.

What gave you the impression that i missed what the OP was saying?

Mission can be started and done in Eden. Traces to follow and fight change depending on terminal where you started mission.

An example of many on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ebQc-JCxE

Also shadowmane can jump or teleport in air then fall down - method used based on his ability to teleport is used to trap wild one. Player have to agro it and fly and hover above build trap. Shadowmane will jump or teleport in air to get player then fall down in trap.

So could be that shadowmane followed player who tried to escape by flying, once down he got in base, killed something and teleported back on spawning spot.

Edited by Noa
Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for your replies but the first answer basically nailed it.

my base is close to the final stage of missions. it happened in the past that my dinos got scattered around but tek turrets kept them save. i myself ended a mission at my front gate, literally.

We have some beef going with boxheads and one of them was standing right behind me when i got the message. leaving alone the fact that he was riding a giga i thought of hacking, exploiting and what not.   but the explanation given in the first answer is the most plausible one.

the incident made me place turrets inside the building now and cryo the more fragile dinos.

i'm ok with that solution and explanation. something i should have thought of before actually.

 

thx

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chasiv said:

Nothing should kill you inside your base in a PVE game mode.

It's not only the player killing.

After I "found" some eggs in an open pen they punished me by pulling a mission enforcer with teleporting ability into my closed pen to kill the babies. They even did some pewpew to distract me. The enforcer killed my Maewing but I saved the babies.

But I like such challenge and have now turrets in my pens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should PVE really give 100% protection? Over the time the devs have removed nearly all useful "grabbing wild dinos" abilities from tames because of this.

I would like to see a kind of semi pvp, where our tames still would have all those nerfed abilites and where it's totaly alowed to throw wild dinos into other pens (you can build an enclosed pen!), or blow dinos into the water for drowning them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zapha said:

Should PVE really give 100% protection? Over the time the devs have removed nearly all useful "grabbing wild dinos" abilities from tames because of this.

I would like to see a kind of semi pvp, where our tames still would have all those nerfed abilites and where it's totaly alowed to throw wild dinos into other pens (you can build an enclosed pen!), or blow dinos into the water for drowning them.

Over time?  It has literally been that way for years.  And years.

 

And, "Should PvE really give 100% protection?"  - Yes.  Duh!  It's PvE, meaning that other players are not at all considered a factor you have to play against.  Come on Zapha!

Link to post
Share on other sites

As if ther

21 hours ago, TheDonn said:

And, "Should PvE really give 100% protection?"  - Yes.  Duh!  It's PvE, meaning that other players are not at all considered a factor you have to play against.  Come on Zapha!

You have always to fight against others, even on PvE. Not with weapons but on other ways. Pillaring wars, tame stealing, resource blocking, who is first at the orbital drop?, trading robbers, alliance scammers ..., etc

"... other players not at all considered a factor..."? Come on Donn!

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zapha said:

As if ther

You have always to fight against others, even on PvE. Not with weapons but on other ways. Pillaring wars, tame stealing, resource blocking, who is first at the orbital drop?, trading robbers, alliance scammers ..., etc

"... other players not at all considered a factor..."? Come on Donn!

No.  You wanna consider other players being a threat, go to PvP.  As a die-hard fan of what PvE ARK has to offer, no.  PvP is an untameable wasteland of bullcrap.  You pave way for PvP actions to be OK on PvE, it is no longer PvE.  So, no thank you.  Again:

Other players are not at all considered a factor. 

The things that happen on PvE are weak limited reach trolling attempts.  Retaliation, 9 times out of 10, leaves you just as culpable for dev action, therefore, it isn't an option.  Again, other players aren't considered a factor because there aren't stakes in the same way there are on PvP.  If you don't agree, get your last words in because I'll see myself out.  Don't want to derail the thread any longer if we aren't gonna see eye-to-eye.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not derailing to discuss PVE rules. If you don't want any interfering from other players wouldn't singleplayer then the best for you?

For me it's enough if others can't do direct damage to me or my stuff. If they can do dirty tricks I can develop methods to protect me from such tricks.

Wouldn't it be cooler if there is a continuously development of dirty tricks and anti-tricks between the players instead of the call for the devs who solve such problems simply with nerf after nerf?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2021 at 1:22 PM, Chasiv said:

Or they could fix the game so missions don't spawn in people's bases.   This is DEFINITELY a bug in PVE.   Nothing should kill you inside your base in a PVE game mode.

THIS should be a thing, we have had people drag mission dinos to our base and kill our tames. I know it shouldn't be a thing but it is. We were just getting set up

so we didn't have turrets or plants yet. We do now, but I'm sure some people out there with server transfers about to open will find out the hard way.

Mission dinos should NOT be able to under any circumstance kill your dinos in your base or anything if you are not mission flagged.

This is pretty basic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sativa420 said:

Mission dinos should NOT be able to under any circumstance kill your dinos in your base or anything if you are not mission flagged.

This is pretty basic.

Good point "mission flagged" is an overlooked and forgotten feature that should be implemented.

Basic as to not build where players have to follow steps as you disable them to do missions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2021 at 3:21 AM, Zapha said:

It's not derailing to discuss PVE rules. If you don't want any interfering from other players wouldn't singleplayer then the best for you?

For me it's enough if others can't do direct damage to me or my stuff. If they can do dirty tricks I can develop methods to protect me from such tricks.

Wouldn't it be cooler if there is a continuously development of dirty tricks and anti-tricks between the players instead of the call for the devs who solve such problems simply with nerf after nerf?

This is very often the kneejerk response, and is never the solution.  Again, the people playing PvE ARK are not doing so because they want to consider the other players a threat to their bases and dinos in any way.  I'll be more specific because generalities leave air in a discussion, and we see how that has worked out.  Also, simply "interfering" isn't what we are talking about.

Some of the PvE nerfs to prevent griefing are done specifically because the only non-nerf recourse could be technically seen as griefing in response.  It isn't always the case, but when a nerf rolls out to curb or at least reduce griefing, it just is what it is.  I'd rather see nerfs than have to devote playtime to combating other players crappy actions in PvE ARK.  Maybe others wouldn't like that.  The people who grief others in PvE sure wouldn't like to see it.  But I feel like the fact that the nerfs happen in the first place means that people just aren't getting it, and are trying to force a bullcrap PvP-lite mindset into PvE ARK because PvE griefing is more fun than the constant, day-in-day-out, non-stop, knockdown-dragout style of getting wiped that PvP is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...