CAN I CLOSE A VAULT WHEN THE TRIBE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE?

JCCAM

7 hours ago, JCCAM said:

Friends, I have a question, I see that many users close the vaults of bases that have fallen, it is legal to do so because I do not want to fall into an error. Thanks for your support

You can build around them so that they are almost closed, but you have to make sure that the tribe that owns them can get to them if they happen to log in. You want to do something like leave a door open so that if they log in they could run into the building and use the vault.

Then, just before the vault expires, you can put the last piece on your building so that no one else can get to it, so that you're the only one that can loot it when it expires.

The only way that you would have a problem would be if you completely block the vault and the owner of the vault logs in and complains.

I say if they leave and vaults remain its fair game. I box them in regularly if i can and don't care if their owner returns and wants access.u snooze u lose. I even built a bronto platform saddle and hung pillars off its side with a 3x3 room on the bottom to box in a vault someone had pillared around. They weren't too happy when they returned to build around it but u gotta be creative with it. 

2 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

I say if they leave and vaults remain its fair game. I box them in regularly if i can and don't care if their owner returns and wants access.u snooze u lose. I even built a bronto platform saddle and hung pillars off its side with a 3x3 room on the bottom to box in a vault someone had pillared around. They weren't too happy when they returned to build around it but u gotta be creative with it. 

If you get reported, anything you put over vaults including tames can be deleted by a GM.  Someone tried that on our CI server and a complaint was filed , a GM came and removed the 2 quetzls used to cover over the vaults 2 days later.

5 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You can say it all you want, but WildCard says you're wrong. If they log in and submit a ticket a GM can delete your stuff.

Which is good because life happens. As long as it’s still within the decay countdown, people should have access to their stuff. Heaven forbid they get sick, move, or some other type of disruption happens. Probably a bad thing to value video game loot over being conscientious. 

9 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You can say it all you want, but WildCard says you're wrong. If they log in and submit a ticket a GM can delete your stuff.

I don't really care if I lose a Dino tbh. I'm gonna entertain myself however I can and wildcard can do nothing about it not that they'd make any effort to help anyway. If someone leaves and their vaults/storage box remain then I'm gonna attempt to snaffle it b4 someone else does. It's rife on this game. People box in these loot boxes not just to prevent others from doing the same but to prevent the owners pop corning out of spite. 

The vaults have longer timers for a reason, they are places tribes can store their most valuable items and know they have a longer timer. Useful if they go on holiday or have other more important things to attend to.

People do often get reported for what you are doing and get their structures removed, keep doing it and they will wipe u - I've seen this happen more than once.

You have a very strange attitude for someone playing pve - maybe you should consider PVP, or are you only interested in easy targets?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Luizza said:

The vaults have longer timers for a reason

This happens when the structures they are placed on are decaying. Basically, when the structure that support a vault get destroyed, the vault is being dropped which in reality is just the game demoing the existing vault and moving its content to a new one causing a full reset of its decay timer.

5 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

I don't really care if I lose a Dino tbh. I'm gonna entertain myself however I can and wildcard can do nothing about it not that they'd make any effort to help anyway. If someone leaves and their vaults/storage box remain then I'm gonna attempt to snaffle it b4 someone else does. It's rife on this game. People box in these loot boxes not just to prevent others from doing the same but to prevent the owners pop corning out of spite. 

You misunderstand, what you're doing can get you banned, not merely having your dino deleted. But hey, if you want to roll the dice on getting banned that's your choice.

Archived