Jump to content

Community Crunch 281: Evo Event, Community Corner and more!


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Unspokenone said:

Screw you WC. Take your "half-baked" stupid EVO event and well... you can guess the rest! Breeding is the only thing people want, so yea it makes sense that you wouldn't want to give it to us. 

 

 

Do you know what double breeding does to servers? Everyone is going to mutation farm the whole weekend and the servers will be laggy as crap. Be happy with what you get 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Screw you WC. Take your "half-baked" stupid EVO event and well... you can guess the rest! Breeding is the only thing people want, so yea it makes sense that you wouldn't want to give it to us.   

Please Breeding x2 

Just give us CRISPR already! 😁

5 hours ago, SkyDinoRex said:

This happened to me on Scorched, but on Ab, Ext and Gen is all right for me. And I'm from Xbox too

This seems to mainly happen to me on Gen part 2 but I am uncertain if I have this issue on othe maps as I have been pretty much playing only on this map since it’s release. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for wildcard to potentially fix this issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gamborg said:

I appreciate that we will not see breeding event, since I think most people already know that the servers can hardly handle it. But would be appreciated if we could get some kind of tek structure, where we can feed dinos into, and use for mutation breeding. This way all tribes don't need 500 dinos of one kind, out at the same time, just to mutation breed. Smaller locations would become viable for base spots as well.

Cryopods, Cryofridges, Maewings, Incubator....is not enough? I ran my incubators and maewings on full tilt last weekend and got all my stats and a lot of my colors combined then stored the "desire-ables" in cryopods which are housed in cryofridges. Stored all the data on Ark Smart Breeder for easy reference. The game is only as hard as you make it. An on the base size - well mid-gamer life crisis maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PPGamer said:

Do you know what double breeding does to servers? Everyone is going to mutation farm the whole weekend and the servers will be laggy as crap. Be happy with what you get 

It always has been lagging that’s nothing new. The servers should be able to handle this but after years of experience still cant even with less people in servers it is still incapable to handle this. That should not be the problem of the survivors…

As for now breeding should be in the evo event as only like 20% are for harvest and taming (i think even less)

Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone else realized this. 

amaragasaurus- destroys armor and saddles, better on  high quality stuff and tek.

dinopithicus- throws poop that disables all tek

as a pve player with a ps4 who doesnt play on servers. this is worrying. because the next one might as well be

???- tank that steals weapons and gives it to its rider

wildcard, if your reading this, please, make the next creature actually useful to us pve/single players, so make the next creature the carchar. im hoping you have common sence and know the carchar will be the next creature vote winner. so make the carchar now and let new ideas have a chance in the vote.

is there a good website for making dossiers. im planning out my creature and last time a submitted a sucho (not the sucho, that was jannor) and i didnt make a dossier cuz didnt know how to and making one on paper wouldnt be a good idea. so plz let me know.

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid
i dont have discord or anything so... just quote me with a couple links. also how would you get helena's font?
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Evandinoboy said:

How do you report issues for single player? I have an issue that the game forcefully closes itself randomly between thirty minutes to an hour of playing. I have lost so much progress way to many times to just ignore it and I don’t know if this is an issue on my end or if other people are experiencing it as well. I am on xbox so I do not know if there is a specific way to fix this or not.

I think EVERYONE on console has this problem. im on a ps4. and since gen2 came out, the longest ive been on without a crash was... 4 hours? the least was 30 mins. and I went into the innards and im on sp damn. I know everyone complains about "oh its unplayable" 30-20 frames is ok. 10 if ur breeding. and this is sp. I imagine if I connected another device to my ps4 while I was in there it would insta crash. I was on about 2 - .5 frames. console ppl are ok with 30 but... NO! I just wanted a cool reaper. im lucky for when I finally crashed it brought me just out side the innards enterance. I imagine the boss fight is impossible for the consoles. please fix this or do somthing wildcard, SOMTHING. ( i would be completly ok with somthing like reduce foliage in there or smaller wild dino cap in there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk

8 hours ago, Evandinoboy said:

This seems to mainly happen to me on Gen part 2 but I am uncertain if I have this issue on othe maps as I have been pretty much playing only on this map since it’s release. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for wildcard to potentially fix this issue?

Idk, I think only WildCard can fix that

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SaayaLaLa said:

Cryopods, Cryofridges, Maewings, Incubator....is not enough? I ran my incubators and maewings on full tilt last weekend and got all my stats and a lot of my colors combined then stored the "desire-ables" in cryopods which are housed in cryofridges. Stored all the data on Ark Smart Breeder for easy reference. The game is only as hard as you make it. An on the base size - well mid-gamer life crisis maybe?

Well you seem almost angry for some reason.
End game crisis, is actually doing efficient mutation breeding. And any tribe in any cave you find, will have hundreds upon hundreds of female breeders out, for every dino they are trying to mutate. Cryopods and cryofridges have no effect on this. Maewings have no effect on this. Incubators have not effect on this. Not really sure what your comment was supposed to point out? That you don't know what end game mutation breeding looks like? Good luck with mid-game breeding ;) You will never keep up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cyberra said:

An evo event without the breeding rates. You're kidding, right? You just forgot to list that? Because otherwise this will be an evo event to sleep through. With a stryder even 1x rates for harvesting are less of a pain and boxes fill up damn fast. Without a color event on there's no reason to tame anything for us endgame players

Right, people who post comments like this, SHUT UP. In previous weeks, you complain that there is no evo event. They give you an evo event, and you complain that it isn't how you want it. Wildcard does their best, and if you want to complain, keep it to yourself. Not only are you all being selfish, but the servers probably wouldn't be able to handle it. I've seen comments on here saying that wildcard's decision is crap, but they are forgetting one small detail. WITHOUT WILDCARD, YOU WOULDN'T BE PLAYING A GAME. Breeding isn't the only thing in the game, and if your complaining that you've got nothing new to do, then try a new survivor on a different server and build from the ground up. There is so much more you could do. Complaining won't get you anywhere, so at least be grateful we got the event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

I think EVERYONE on console has this problem. im on a ps4. and since gen2 came out, the longest ive been on without a crash was... 4 hours? the least was 30 mins. and I went into the innards and im on sp damn. I know everyone complains about "oh its unplayable" 30-20 frames is ok. 10 if ur breeding. and this is sp. I imagine if I connected another device to my ps4 while I was in there it would insta crash. I was on about 2 - .5 frames. console ppl are ok with 30 but... NO! I just wanted a cool reaper. im lucky for when I finally crashed it brought me just out side the innards enterance. I imagine the boss fight is impossible for the consoles. please fix this or do somthing wildcard, SOMTHING. ( i would be completly ok with somthing like reduce foliage in there or smaller wild dino cap in there.

I use the "saveworld" cheat every Minute at singleplayer so i lost only what i do the last minute of game progress at Dashboarding

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, thegamerstarget said:

Right, people who post comments like this, SHUT UP. In previous weeks, you complain that there is no evo event. They give you an evo event, and you complain that it isn't how you want it. Wildcard does their best, and if you want to complain, keep it to yourself. Not only are you all being selfish, but the servers probably wouldn't be able to handle it. I've seen comments on here saying that wildcard's decision is crap, but they are forgetting one small detail. WITHOUT WILDCARD, YOU WOULDN'T BE PLAYING A GAME. Breeding isn't the only thing in the game, and if your complaining that you've got nothing new to do, then try a new survivor on a different server and build from the ground up. There is so much more you could do. Complaining won't get you anywhere, so at least be grateful we got the event.

Another person who has excuses to defend WC’s crappy servers. Again their experience is for years now so they SHOULD be able to handle this. My guessing is they don’t want to spend too much money on development of reliable servers. So they want to fix it with 100rds of updates to make it stable but that still doesn’t workout.

For the rest breeding IS the big part of Ark in the evolution when you are playing for a long time, or you are just new here. As WC made this by thereselfs… We are just the survivors they created the game.

Edited by remc00tje
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2021 at 8:50 PM, doverbeach said:

Just give us CRISPR already! 😁

ah heck yea! lets turn pteranadons into mutant monsters! actually, maybe there would be a creature that produces cas-19 (the CRISPR protein) and can administer it with a random choose a stat and upgrade it. essentially being 100% mutations! someone feel free to take this idea. i already have an idea that i will submit for the vote.  is there a specific place or website ppl are making dossiers at. anyone... im planning a creature and want to have a dossier ready BEFORE the votes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, StrandedAndStoopid said:

has anyone else realized this. 

amaragasaurus- destroys armor and saddles, better on  high quality stuff and tek.

dinopithicus- throws poop that disables all tek

as a pve player with a ps4 who doesnt play on servers. this is worrying. because the next one might as well be

???- tank that steals weapons and gives it to its rider

wildcard, if your reading this, please, make the next creature actually useful to us pve/single players, so make the next creature the carchar. im hoping you have common sence and know the carchar will be the next creature vote winner. so make the carchar now and let new ideas have a chance in the vote.

is there a good website for making dossiers. im planning out my creature and last time a submitted a sucho (not the sucho, that was jannor) and i didnt make a dossier cuz didnt know how to and making one on paper wouldnt be a good idea. so plz let me know.

There’s no website I know of, but there are plenty of dossier templates around that work great in photoshop and gimp. Just provide your own artwork and it’s plug and play.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, StrandedAndStoopid said:

has anyone else realized this. 

amaragasaurus- destroys armor and saddles, better on  high quality stuff and tek.

dinopithicus- throws poop that disables all tek

as a pve player with a ps4 who doesnt play on servers. this is worrying. because the next one might as well be

???- tank that steals weapons and gives it to its rider

wildcard, if your reading this, please, make the next creature actually useful to us pve/single players, so make the next creature the carchar. im hoping you have common sence and know the carchar will be the next creature vote winner. so make the carchar now and let new ideas have a chance in the vote.

is there a good website for making dossiers. im planning out my creature and last time a submitted a sucho (not the sucho, that was jannor) and i didnt make a dossier cuz didnt know how to and making one on paper wouldnt be a good idea. so plz let me know.

You're focusing way too much on special abilities and not on the creatures themselves. Amargasaurus will likely be a good berry gatherer and predator combatant, dinopithecus is practically an all terrain mount that will also likely be another rock solid meat and berry gatherer alongside the likes of dire bears and megatherium. Demanding that they just flat out make carchara because you want another generic meat gatherer and assume it'd just win anyway cheapens the vote even if you do suggest the vote stay. As far as your complaints about PvE viability do keep in mind that practically every PvP Dino can find a use in PvE, however not every PvE geared dino can find a use in PvP. You're more or less getting upset that dinos that would likely do the exact same things you almost certainly use most of your current tames to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 5:49 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

You're focusing way too much on special abilities and not on the creatures themselves. Amargasaurus will likely be a good berry gatherer and predator combatant, dinopithecus is practically an all terrain mount that will also likely be another rock solid meat and berry gatherer alongside the likes of dire bears and megatherium. Demanding that they just flat out make carchara because you want another generic meat gatherer and assume it'd just win anyway cheapens the vote even if you do suggest the vote stay. As far as your complaints about PvE viability do keep in mind that practically every PvP Dino can find a use in PvE, however not every PvE geared dino can find a use in PvP. You're more or less getting upset that dinos that would likely do the exact same things you almost certainly use most of your current tames to do.

okay what youre saying sort of makes sense but please tell me 1 JUST 1 "pve dino"  that cant find a use in pvp? if the dino works in pve it will work extra better in pvp cause now  it can use all it features. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 4:19 AM, HenryManson said:

as Breeder i would have loved to see 2x breeding & co!

BUT ppl seem to forget that we never had breeding in evo events atall in the last years, only on big events like summer & co!

be glad they added breeding on normal weekends sometimes too!, dont expect it to be normal tho!

dont be so greedy & go farm stuff^^

yep people forget about the dark times 1x only then losing legacy lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, thegamerstarget said:

Right, people who post comments like this, SHUT UP. In previous weeks, you complain that there is no evo event. They give you an evo event, and you complain that it isn't how you want it. Wildcard does their best, and if you want to complain, keep it to yourself. Not only are you all being selfish, but the servers probably wouldn't be able to handle it. I've seen comments on here saying that wildcard's decision is crap, but they are forgetting one small detail. WITHOUT WILDCARD, YOU WOULDN'T BE PLAYING A GAME. Breeding isn't the only thing in the game, and if your complaining that you've got nothing new to do, then try a new survivor on a different server and build from the ground up. There is so much more you could do. Complaining won't get you anywhere, so at least be grateful we got the event.

facts ive  yet to meet someone who beat the game and got all achievements without cheating. unless you have every achievement, ascenion , alpha boss, world boss. so on just buckle down and shut up this is a survival agame and the only survival game with boosted weekend rates of anytime, you WONT see that on conan or rust.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...