Community Crunch 281: Evo Event, Community Corner and more!

StudioWildcard

On 8/23/2021 at 7:49 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

. As far as your complaints about PvE viability do keep in mind that practically every PvP Dino can find a use in PvE

voidwyrm, to a pve player its a downgraded wyvern, need a metal farm, tek paras or rexes work fine, need a fast mount on gen2, the astrodelphis is a faster flyer. aireal combat, astrodelphis again. tek breath does minimal damage and as far as a console player can see, does NOT stun lock. picking stuff up to drop in a trap, a quetz is more versatile and precise. meat run, use a rex or giga, or an r plant. thatch, mammoth or stego. the only use i can see and this is VERY specific, is to knock somthing off a cliff into a trap, and that would require alot of math or a quetz, you decide which is easier. actually the quetz will do this a million times better. and if the job u need a wyvern for needs a wyvern, its probably easier to get a crystal wyvern or raid the nests. there you have it, somthing useless to pve, but valuable in pvp

• Like 1

can someone make a pterodaustro dossier. i dont have the resources to do so.

species: pterodustro findritia

time: cretatous

diet: piscivorous

temperment: unstable

wild: pterodaustro findritia is small pterosaur ablut the side of a pelagornis, and found in the same places, pterodaustro is a very unique creature among the ARKs it is the only pterosaur to be able to fully swim and fly. these stuborn creatures also have very strange agression patterns. from the alone creature will fly off at adangers notice, or the entire flock attacking on sight.

ive seen these creatures along the shore but recently found a new place, a nesting ground. far more than ive seen in one place, definatly enough to attack agressivly. 

domesticated: these creatures are an all terrain mount. ive seen pterodaustro climbing, gliding, flying and swimming. their teeth are nasty enough to nip and injour almost all creatures making them limp. and giving pterodaustro a quick healing meal while making flying a slower and more painful experience for other flyers. pterodaustro also seems to love fish almost like it heals them. ive seen batled up specimens almost restored by a few fish. however, these small pterosaurs cant fly with the full weight of a human, ive witnessed gliding but not full flight.

who ever makes it will get their recognition once we can submit ideas. if my essay (it feels like one) is too long feel freeto shorten it but still keep the main concept.

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid
nvm, decided i will draw what i need to then get photoshop and try, still, go ahead and make one as a weekend project or if already started.if we dont get an evo event tomorrow.

4 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

voidwyrm, to a pve player its a downgraded wyvern, need a metal farm, tek paras or rexes work fine, need a fast mount on gen2, the astrodelphis is a faster flyer. aireal combat, astrodelphis again. tek breath does minimal damage and as far as a console player can see, does NOT stun lock. picking stuff up to drop in a trap, a quetz is more versatile and precise. meat run, use a rex or giga, or an r plant. thatch, mammoth or stego. the only use i can see and this is VERY specific, is to knock somthing off a cliff into a trap, and that would require alot of math or a quetz, you decide which is easier. actually the quetz will do this a million times better. and if the job u need a wyvern for needs a wyvern, its probably easier to get a crystal wyvern or raid the nests. there you have it, somthing useless to pve, but valuable in pvp

In my experience people tame voidwyrms in PvE primarily for the prestige much like some people do with other hard/expensive tames or in the case of unofficial privately owned clusters the server owner for whatever reason chooses not to include the three wyvern native maps. They're more status pieces that look cool but can still fight/gather meat if you're low on options.

• Facepalm 2

18 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

In my experience people tame voidwyrms in PvE primarily for the prestige much like some people do with other hard/expensive tames or in the case of unofficial privately owned clusters the server owner for whatever reason chooses not to include the three wyvern native maps. They're more status pieces that look cool but can still fight/gather meat if you're low on options.

prestige isnt a use, its an addition. also "butstill fight /gather meat if YOU'RE LOW ON OPTIONS" (facepalm) yea this is a tame we use if were low on options. look at how expensive and hard they are to tame. this is not a creature you use purly to show off. andas i said, prestige is not a use, that doesnt make ituseful, its an addition, a skin or costume, a decoration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

prestige isnt a use, its an addition. also "butstill fight /gather meat if YOU'RE LOW ON OPTIONS" (facepalm) yea this is a tame we use if were low on options. look at how expensive and hard they are to tame. this is not a creature you use purly to show off. andas i said, prestige is not a use, that doesnt make ituseful, its an addition, a skin or costume, a decoration.

Never said prestige was an actual use, just listing the reasons I've personally seen people go after them. In the unofficial PvE cluster I run I actually broached the topic with players and this was more or less the reason they gave: They're hard, expensive tames that look cool, ergo they're tamed for the wow factor. The fact that they can do MOST of what a standard wyvern can is a nice bonus that can make them useful albeit ultimately outclassed by others of their ilk.

Personally I think that wild card needs to focus on primal survival, and I know someone on pc is going to say you can do it already, but I am a ps4 player and before ark2 comes out, console players need to be able to play as a dino. Especially if there are AI humans you can terrorize and if they move through the stages like players do and don't even get me started on if they can tame you, just imagin if you fought the dragon as a dino.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 2:45 AM, Evandinoboy said:

How do you report issues for single player? I have an issue that the game forcefully closes itself randomly between thirty minutes to an hour of playing. I have lost so much progress way to many times to just ignore it and I don’t know if this is an issue on my end or if other people are experiencing it as well. I am on xbox so I do not know if there is a specific way to fix this or not.

Admincheat saveworld           thank me later

just want to say something  the new maps wild card and loaded crysis talk about weill only be in mods thats where they started and will probably stay. they wont be added to consoles for consoles players to play so if ya only play on pc an pc server you can probably get the mods for new stuff,new maps, new structures etc.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:27 AM, Buffruffstuff said:

People want the voideggs to tame basalisks on gen 2 pve

Kinda crazy how they continue to add basalisks to maps that have no options to tame them on ain't it? Unless you have the ability to hop servers to one with one of the two eggs they'll take you're basically S.O.L.. Having untamable creatures is annoyance enough, a tamable creature with no means of acquisition is just asinine.

On 8/21/2021 at 12:31 PM, Gamborg said:

Well you seem almost angry for some reason.
End game crisis, is actually doing efficient mutation breeding. And any tribe in any cave you find, will have hundreds upon hundreds of female breeders out, for every dino they are trying to mutate. Cryopods and cryofridges have no effect on this. Maewings have no effect on this. Incubators have not effect on this. Not really sure what your comment was supposed to point out? That you don't know what end game mutation breeding looks like? Good luck with mid-game breeding ;) You will never keep up.

No anger just trying to list things that have been done to help. and you can make a breeding tower and save on space at the same time. This all depends on people's mentality but hey no worries.