Game crashes, vanishing dinos, loot goes POOF, broken artifacts, and more.

RavyTheStoic

I was already a little devastated when I discovered that the Artifacts of the Shadows and Stalker would crash the game if you tried to place them into your inventory on every..single..map. That utterly wrecks game progression, and it sucked to be forced into creative mode when I originally played the game naturally when it was new. 

Now, however there are even more game breaking issues. When attempting to move between arks, even if I wait for the timer to run out, all items equipped on my character, and everything uploaded to Ark Data will be deleted. Attempting to unload tames results in game crashes if they touch each other or any sort of structure, at which point the game reverts back to, not the most recent save point, but up to three prior. All tames that were uploaded into an obelisk or tranitter, or downloaded from it, are deleted from both arks. 

I attempted to bypass this by unloading one tame at a time, in a wide open space, and putting each one in cryo. Once I was done, I tried to log out to force save the progress and the game crashed again. I've lost tons of ascendant gear, over 20 tames, and far too much sanity at this point. I've decided to abandon my remaining animals and collective inventory on the previous map and just start from scratch. 

Seriously, though, this has been my favorite game since it was released. Please, please, PLEASE, don't break it beyond the point of being tolerable. 

Archived