Mobile Anti Hacker Ideas

adamtiburon

As anyone who plays official knows, hackers have basically made this game unplayable. Almost every high level player has ESP, speed hacks, aimbot, etc. The current way players have to deal with them is report them on a case by case basis which is extremely inefficient and also ineffective, as X-ray hacks are impossible to prove for instance, and when I did report any of these hacks, support didn’t even respond. Something needs to be done because they are killing this game. A recommendation I have is making every player who plays on official servers install something similar to Battle Eye, the anti-cheat software ARK PC uses. I’m not sure how effective it is, but at least it’s something. Personally, I would be glad to install whatever is needed to ensure my game experience is not ruined by hackers. There’s an incentive for doing this; by getting rid of hackers you are effectively increasing your player base and increasing revenue. By failing to act you are further decreasing your player base and further decreasing revenue. I have no idea what it’ll cost but let’s say it’s $1,000 to ensure hackers can’t play on official servers. You only need 25 people to pay for primal each year to cover that cost. By not doing anything, you are losing a lot of customers who would have paid for primal had you gotten rid of the hackers. It’s frustrating because hackers have been around for years in this game, and support acknowledges they exist in every update, but no permanent solution is put into place. Relying on the player base to report them all is inefficient and quite frankly, unacceptable. That shouldn’t be our burden. I’m here to play ARK; I’m not here to report hackers. By inputting some kind of software it at least shows you guys are making an effort to stop cheating players, and hopefully this will grow the player base. I’m not asking for it to be perfect, but at least have something in there to deter them. The revenue incentive should be enough for doing this honestly. And when staff bans hackers please IP ban them from ALL official servers. Banning the player does nothing because they can create an alternate account. Don’t IP ban them from just one server because they can just pick another.  IP ban them from all servers. Anyway, I hope you guys decide to do something about this before the entire game dies. 

• 5 weeks later...

it is true cheaters infested the game 

but i wanted to point out some stuff , one of battle eyes method to ban cheaters is because it reads your ram ie if someone was banned because of cheats lets by a manual ban if the hashes on his ram matched someone else they would get auto banned instantly but for this to work you gonna need a database to cross reference with it without causing a lot of false positive and have a data base for the detected cheats and those will not cost just a 1000$ it would be much more also i doubt mobiles can handle an app that is constantly scanning the ram while running ark in the same time 

also bypassing ip ban isnt really hard all you need is just a vpn it should be hwid ban for best result but i have no idea if phone manufactures allow app developers to access those data 

cheats like esp or xray or aimbot , increase fov  are hard to detect without scanning players devices and not causing the entire player base to deal with crashes but some other cheats are really easy to detect like ie instantly lvling player,dino cheat or speed hack or fast fire rate or auto switch flak or rocket spam big head , shot underwater , magic bullet

and the list goes on but the devs are not simply doing anything about it in example for lvl up cheat they simply could code a few simple lines to auto ban anyplayer who lvl up from lvl1 to lvl 70+ in less than 5s or actually putting reload timer /cool downs on server side instead of client side like hp or stamina etc ,, and it would help us a lot to fight against rt spam which fires tons of rockets in a heart beat because cheaters delete the cool down because it is on client side and not server side

or even changing the structs and offest regularly would guarantee to ban 90% of the cheaters instantly and it is quit easy to do but i have no idea why the developers are not doing it , glitches related to amber dupe get fixed pretty fast tho   

• 2 weeks later...

I am a quite new player (played about a year). I am playing on a pvp server and i am getting raided all the time. Some how the leading tribes always find me. I have tried everything. Also to hide (really well) chest with supply. Also beds, smithy and sleeping bags. They are not on the same Island as my base. 

All is found every time. 
could someone be using a cheat to find me and my things or am i just bad at hiding stuff?

what is a xray cheat?

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Mobile Anti Hacker Ideas

Yes Nutlusker81, what you are going through is extremely common for players on official. People are finding your stuff with a cheat known as ESP. This is the same as X-ray. Players download a third party app that allows them to find any type of item on the map, including smithys, beds, pestles, vaults, and even dinosaurs to name a few. This hack by itself is game breaking and the reason I quit official and only play unofficial. Unofficial still has cheaters but there are much less and staff actually bans them. Official ark staff doesn’t ban anyone for ESP (X-ray cheats). 

There’s really nothing you can do to avoid it unfortunately. You can put a stone foundation over your storage boxes and pestles though so they’ll need an arthropluera or explosives to blow it up. You can report but staff usually doesn’t respond or doesn’t act on them. Even if they did the hacker could just create an alternate account. Hackers are on every server, especially ESP hackers. I play on unofficial because there’s a lot less hackers and admin usually ban them if you have proof. Even with proof on official they’re slow to ban; they’re extremely understaffed which is why all the servers are overrun with cheaters

• 5 months later...

this game has kill my dino's. empty my cryrofrige more then once. saved up points to buy engrams from hlna, only to get nothing for it. the building are gone time i log back in. work for a living may be a couple days before i can log in again. have metal building now. but i like the stone look. so thank's dev. brother been playing for more two years. he keeps tell me this is normal. there so many problem with this game. i've seen orther games fix there problem and not sure why ark can't or won't fix these problem. people put alot of time and it a slap in there face when the same problem happen again and again. 

cheater more like people just try to play the the game after putting up with the incompetent developers.

Archived