Problem with the Exo Mek's carry mode

Supremist

I'm in the process of demolishing my current base because I'm going to build a completely new one with a different design so I can't just replace it wall by wall, I have to demolish the entire thing. During this, I've noticed that my exo mek won't pick up and carry a tek dedicated storage while it's in carry mode, the storage isn't highlighted white like everything else is. I have half a dozen tek dedicated storage boxes in my base with literally millions of resources stored in them, I can't just spam o to slowly drop them all as that would take far too long, I need my exo mek to be able to carry the box and move it somewhere else. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, Supremist said:

I'm in the process of demolishing my current base because I'm going to build a completely new one with a different design so I can't just replace it wall by wall, I have to demolish the entire thing. During this, I've noticed that my exo mek won't pick up and carry a tek dedicated storage while it's in carry mode, the storage isn't highlighted white like everything else is. I have half a dozen tek dedicated storage boxes in my base with literally millions of resources stored in them, I can't just spam o to slowly drop them all as that would take far too long, I need my exo mek to be able to carry the box and move it somewhere else. Anyone have any suggestions?

I believe no structures that have "snap points" can be carried by the Mek. The only solution you have, would be to pick it up and carry the resources to the new location.

5 hours ago, Supremist said:

How would I pick it up without the mek though?

I believe he means with the storage mode, to put the dedi back in your inventory as an item. Then place it in the new spot and get all the resources from the bag that was dropped and move them over to the newly placed dedi. Sounds tedious  I know.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, AlanMasterPRO said:

Hello, I know that the question is not related to the subject, but surely you know more than me, could you help me please? What bosses do I have to defeat to unlock the dedicated storage tek engram?

Straight from google:

The Engram is unlocked by defeating the  Dragon (Beta) on The Island, the  Manticore (Beta) on Scorched Earth,  Rockwell (Beta) on Aberration, the  Desert Titan on Extinction, the  Corrupted Master Controller (Gamma) on Genesis and the  Crystal Wyvern Queen (Beta) on Crystal Isles.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:12 PM, Piffguru said:

I believe he means with the storage mode, to put the dedi back in your inventory as an item. Then place it in the new spot and get all the resources from the bag that was dropped and move them over to the newly placed dedi. Sounds tedious  I know.

if you pickup full dedicate storage you lost  1200 stacks resources because inventory cache (bag) have limit 600 stacks. and dedicate storage have 1800 stacks so you take dedicate storage with exomek in storagemode, game create inventory cache with 600 stacks material and other stacks game instantly delete.  🙂

Archived