Community Crunch 280: Genesis Part II Server Transfers, Evo Event, and Community Corner!

StudioWildcard

On 8/13/2021 at 8:59 PM, Arkfan15 said:

they are making another voting process for everyone and i need to know when it starts cause i want to submit this.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 7.27.38 PM.png

i really love the indom wildcard so please put this in the vote and it would make it fun tame and use so please and thanks for making gen 2 transfers because I've lost a lot of good stuff because of it thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, availableLira said:

i really love the indom wildcard so please put this in the vote and it would make it fun tame and use so please and thanks for making gen 2 transfers because I've lost a lot of good stuff because of it thanks

Once again, the Indominus Rex is copyrighted by Universal. Game developers can't just add stuff like that to their games.

2 hours ago, GP said:

Once again, the Indominus Rex is copyrighted by Universal. Game developers can't just add stuff like that to their games.

I wouldn't mind seeing the domination Rex(modded creature in place of the indom), or the velociraptor(I don't think it is from any mods). The velociraptor would get a set of Dino armor that could go up to ascendant, and could latch onto smaller targets such as humans and giganopithecus and have a bleed effect, and can be seen in packs of 4 to 8, and also spawn it the woods, I would hate spawning on the beach and get insta killed by them.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:56 PM, Arkdude19 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the domination Rex(modded creature in place of the indom), or the velociraptor(I don't think it is from any mods). The velociraptor would get a set of Dino armor that could go up to ascendant, and could latch onto smaller targets such as humans and giganopithecus and have a bleed effect, and can be seen in packs of 4 to 8, and also spawn it the woods, I would hate spawning on the beach and get insta killed by them.

The issue with the domination Rex is that it's pretty much the indominus in design and sound effects but with a different name. In the legal world that's not nearly enough to avoid being sued into the dirt by the patent holder. They would have to redesign it from the ground up. That aside Ced's pretty much confirmed on twitter that this vote will be another real dinosaurs only one. As for the velociraptor I'd think it'd be fine to spawned or less everywhere, perhaps sparsely in the beginner regions but more frequently in what we consider the medium difficulty region with them only getting hostile if you're scrapping with something else or they outnumber you by a sizable margin like how hyenadon act. I made a little proto dossier somewhere in the earlier pages of the thread that's more in depth.

On 8/24/2021 at 1:31 PM, Neavia said:

Amazing creature dude. I will vote for sure.

Not to be rude but you'd be wasting a vote, Ced himself put the kibosh on nonreal dinosaurs getting in and as established it quite literally can't be thrown in as an official creature without legal repercussions unless WC pays what'll likely be insane amounts of cash to Universal for the rights. Seriously I'm starting to think most people here don't understand how copyright law works. This kind of push is exactly why I thought there shouldn't be another vote, you give people another chance to vote after pushback from the first one and suddenly you get a crowd trying to eschew the established rules.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

17 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

The issue with the domination Rex is that it's pretty much the indominus in design and sound effects but with a different name. In the legal world that's not nearly enough to avoid being sued into the dirt by the patent holder. They would have to redesign it from the ground up. That aside Ced's pretty much confirmed on twitter that this vote will be another real dinosaurs only one. As for the velociraptor I'd think it'd be fine to spawned or less everywhere, perhaps sparsely in the beginner regions but more frequently in what we consider the medium difficulty region with them only getting hostile if you're scrapping with something else or they outnumber you by a sizable margin like how hyenadon act. I made a little proto dossier somewhere in the earlier pages of the thread that's more in depth.

Not to be rude but you'd be wasting a vote, Ced himself put the kibosh on nonreal dinosaurs getting in and as established it quite literally can't be thrown in as an official creature without legal repercussions unless WC pays what'll likely be insane amounts of cash to Universal for the rights. Seriously I'm starting to think most people here don't understand how copyright law works. This kind of push is exactly why I thought there shouldn't be another vote, you give people another chance to vote after pushback from the first one and suddenly you get a crowd trying to eschew the established rules.

Ok, so no domination Rex, but another Dino I would suggest is the deinocheirus, another therizinosaur that wouldnt be as annoying as the theri

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...