Community Crunch 280: Genesis Part II Server Transfers, Evo Event, and Community Corner!

StudioWildcard

35 minutes ago, thehalogrunt798 said:

the new creature vote might not be for the lost island

The 3 new prehistoric creatures will be for Lost Island.

___

I plan on submitting Aerosteon. I know it’s not generally a household name dino, but it’s definitely more unique than the average theropod. Here’s my WIP dossier if anyone wants an early look at my idea!

DAC9004B-9E76-4EA3-ADD7-528724F37BFD.png.2e1d50f9721f68323fbb970b12772ea7.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GP said:

The poll, just like the last one will be for REAL WORLD creatures. Indominus Rex is not a real world creature, therefore renaming and remodelling will not meet the entry criteria anyway.

like i said I already know this.And besides its a cool idea and even if they dont let me submit it ill just wait till another time.

41 minutes ago, Mammothor said:

The 3 new prehistoric creatures will be for Lost Island.

___

I plan on submitting Aerosteon. I know it’s not generally a household name dino, but it’s definitely more unique than the average theropod. Here’s my WIP dossier if anyone wants an early look at my idea!

DAC9004B-9E76-4EA3-ADD7-528724F37BFD.png.2e1d50f9721f68323fbb970b12772ea7.png

love it.also how big would it be?you said it would be a few more meters larger than species you've seen.also if im not able to submit my indom im definitely voting for this.

1 hour ago, Arkfan15 said:

love it.also how big would it be?you said it would be a few more meters larger than species you've seen.also if im not able to submit my indom im definitely voting for this.

IRL Aerosteon was about 9 meters long, so my thought is that since ARK is already pretty liberal with upscaling various creatures, it could be bumped up to 11-12 meters as another apex predator contender with Rex/Spino. Somewhere similar to in-game Yuty size.

I have uninstalled this crap 2 weeks ago. Official servers are a mess. Was planning to stick around only to play gen 2, but I was stupid to think that I could do that. Gen 1 kicks every 15min with the server save (for months now) and Gen 2 server  crashes daily multiple times, lags like hell, rubberbanding  all the time etc. I simply am NOT ALLOWED to play the DLC I payed for. Serves me right for endorsing the crap customer support and ignorance of the dev team.

Ark had so much potential and you ruined it completely in the last 2 years. And no, I am not talking about content-wise things, I am talking of basic gamebraking bugs, a server network that is apparently running on steam and coal and the experimentation with every new update that breaks something instead of fixing things. Q&A is non-existent or completely useless bunch that does god knows what.

There might be some hope for Ark 2 if the team changes. The current team just repeats mistakes over and over again.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Arkfan15 said:

they are making another voting process for everyone and i need to know when it starts cause i want to submit this.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 7.27.38 PM.png

im pretty sure who ever made the jusassic world movies has copyright claim to the indominus. so... wildcard wouldnt except it because that would be violating the copyright claim making them owe copyright money. loaded crysis had talked about it. it would be awesome running through a the forests then before your console  has rendered it in properly a camoflaged indominus grabs you off your raptor and rips you both apart.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:21 PM, Arkfan15 said:

one freaking chance

Dude, whether you know it'll win or not and whether you want a chance or not isn't the issue; if they add it, they get sued into bankruptcy or pay through the nose to universal, if they remodel and rename it then it's no longer the indominus Rex, it'll just be a smaller giga that isn't even guaranteed to have whatever abilities you want it to have. Getting hostile over the fact that this has been pointed out and telling people to shut up isn't gonna help your cause. If anything it's just going to hurt it more. If you really, REALLY want it to that extent I'd suggest playing Ark on PC and just downloading the mod alongside all the other neat mods.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

17 hours ago, KingMichaelH242 said:

was wondering if anybody could give me and any advice on this and if they like A or B better? A=picture 1  B=picture 2 

B's art seems to look more practical for a dossier. Having the artwork carry on right smack dab in the middle of the book where the spine is always seems off to me.

I wanna say I'm a water tamer and breeder. Sense before gen 1 came out that's been my focus in ark. But it's seems for water tamer ark has ended with gen 1. Crystal island and gen 2 had zero new species or variants and honestly I don't think lost island will have anything new there. Maybe 1 new specie or maybe they finally stop being lazy and add the mech mosa skin to be a actual tek mosa species.  But it came apparent that ark has ended for me with gen 1. Nothing new to do 2 maps in a row. Kidna sad how they give water so little love. There r so manny more species they could add. Honestly I think lost island should have almost nothing new on land and a few new flyers and lots of new water weather it species or variants. Heck if we got tek mosa and a tuso viriant I would lose my mind in happiness and that be enough for me. 

Just sad game has offered nothing to me but increased lag that never gets better just gets worst week to week . And broken missions that are impossible to beat even on gama. Idk how if I takes 50.tries to best gama with 3 secs left how I could do these with less time on harder modes and it's not just me. Everyone is having issues. Even if I go to a server with like no one on. It's pretty impossible.  And hearing I gotta buy a mouse and keyboard for a console to have a better chance is bs. I should buy none console stuff to beat a game on console. That's bogus. You should have you supposed coders to redo the missions for console to be designed for none pc controls. And add us some time on them.

Exp star dolphin I don't think I can survive 30 secs and I got 50 to 100 attempts. I just need this after months of attempts on other missions. I know this one mission is holding up most people I know. Sad part is a bunch of missions r harder then the boss. That makes zero sense. Can beat gama boss with just a reaper clone. Ahahaha but u can't beat the stuff to access a joke boss. 

I get it was a game originally built for pc. But when you decided to put it on console. You did it like a use toy with so little care. So the it's made for console excuse is bogus. R u 5? Own it that you don't care about console and its more of a money scam with a getto rigged recorded vergin. Let me guess ur interns handle console. Lol.

But seriously please consider giving us a tuso viraint and tek mosa finally and actually besides the ocean love console love. Don't forget playstation eveb tho I'm on Xbox. They also spent time and money and deserve your attention and don't forget to pressure your switch company.  I hear it's far behind. All your cash paying players deserve love for playing this game that's been broken for years. 

This is only console game I play.  So it cost me 10 bucks a month on Xbox for gold and i pay for internet just to play you game I bought and all the dlcs with it.  So you game cost me money to play monthly as it's all I play. But there nothing for me to do but repeatedly fail star dolphin. As I pointed out you've giving water tamer nothing for a year and a half roughly the 2 maps time. 

I love ark but it's the game we all love to hate. Thats how broken console is. It's the game we love to hate. 

Because of all all stuff you never fix and it gets worse. Dc and lag. And ur delays and stuff that vanishes and so manny other glitches I could type for a hour how ark screws us. Heck people die in there bed and lose everything on them and thats not being killed or starving. Or the rocks I hit with a hatchet and get auto meshed somehow and now bag and much much more.  Why would I buy new Xbox and buy ark 2? You give ark 1 no attention. You don't fix the lag. No u make it worse every update and every week. For over a year we been talking about that on my servers and chats. And 7 repeated delays that changed even day of with gem 2. And stuff always so broken. Several events uve messed up and didn't extend a week for it broken till you patched it. Because of all that I can't believe you think  I should buy new Xbox and ark 2. Alot of people I know can argue well they fixed it all for ark 2. We don't care how ark 2 launches.  Ark 1 use to work way better and keeps getting worse. We have no faith in Cedric ability to care. He only cares about pc players. We have no faith that 6 to 12 months after ark 2 launch tbat it will run smoothly any more. And thats a Track record you continue to earn with ark 1. I havnt been able to join gen 2 1535 well for days. Keeps auto doing me and kicking  every 5 to 10 mins.  My tribemate left it as he has had issue similar for over a month.  He bought a dlc that you won't let him play due to w.e. glitch this is. It's actually same reason we left gen 1 along with our gen 1 allies.  Both our tribes kept being auto kicked for months. I could take 2 hours to log in without instantly being kicked. This glitch was never a issue on map released between them crystal isles. Both gen 1 n gen 2 have it tho. 

You think im spending w.e  it is between 500 and 1000 bucks to play ark 2 after buying game and console and I'd be buying a upgraded version when you take my cash and don't let me use what I paid for on ark 1? Idk what hard core drugs you be using. But it must be expensive cause I feel console ark it a scam. I regret ever trying it years ago and buying it. Cause I like the game so much and its so broken and it hates its users. I'm a 37 year old male. Recovering from surgery and I can't log on and play when I'm bed ridden for a bit. Thanks for having a broken game that instead of helping me relax n kill time as I bleed and hurt. It just stresses me out more. Thanks Cedric. Ur a douce 

Edited by WhiteHaze

13 hours ago, Arkdude19 said:

I hope that when they end ark 1 they add the mods for it to vanilla, so you could play with your favorite ark content creator, without having to buy a PC to get steam to eventually get the mods that they play on.

Assuming you're on console, it'd be an uphill battle considering how anti-mod the devices themselves tend to be. If the goal were to make the mods official DLC like Val and crystal then there's the other issue of possibly removing incentive to purchase ark 2 by way of bringing more content to the predecessor. Lastly there's of course the issue of some of the mods introducing licenses creatures such as indominus or Godzilla. WC would have to tread so carefully that from a buisiness standpoint the drawbacks outweigh the rewards by a sizable margin. Plus there's also the inevitable gutting of desired content like when rock drakes and crystal griffins got axed from CI.

2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Assuming you're on console, it'd be an uphill battle considering how anti-mod the devices themselves tend to be. If the goal were to make the mods official DLC like Val and crystal then there's the other issue of possibly removing incentive to purchase ark 2 by way of bringing more content to the predecessor. Lastly there's of course the issue of some of the mods introducing licenses creatures such as indominus or Godzilla. WC would have to tread so carefully that from a buisiness standpoint the drawbacks outweigh the rewards by a sizable margin. Plus there's also the inevitable gutting of desired content like when rock drakes and crystal griffins got axed from CI.

Or they could just use the smaller, simpler mods, like ark additions, or the actual s+ to add some new features, give me more reason that I want to play it, because right now, if I'm being honest, it's getting kind of boring with the same thing every time you spawn in, there's nothing new, I mean the dlcs put fun into the game for about a week, but then it just gets boring again, that's what I was talking about... mainly, I would love to see something like primal fear get added, but it's way too big of a mod to even think about running on an Xbox one s 😆, which is what I play on.