Purussaurus Brasiliensis

Mancer01

Not planning to enter the competition myself, but I was just wondering what other people in the community would feel about a Crocodile big enough to take a Rex.

I've seen the idea of the Deinosuchus but just thought I'd see what others think if you happened across something like this in game.

Ex: what if it had the power to grab your rex (or any mount it can size up) and dismount you then drag the rex like a Kaprosuchus. 

EUEH-EeWAAMSQ-a.thumb.jpg.d14d412f88ef1277d521cd01b00c4184.jpg

Purussaurus.jpg

44 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

How high would it be able to jump out of the water?
I'd say about 50 meters at least. 
Wouldnt it be cool to also have it chew the Rex up whole while in the air?

that would be terrifying... I would say because of its size it would have like a charge with a powerful fast thrust towards a mount enough to grapple the mount you're on, dismounts you because you're not the prime target then drag the mount back in the water (or a good distance) and chop down doing a deathroll that crocs and gators do to prey causing drowning. 

8 minutes ago, Mancer01 said:

that would be terrifying... I would say because of its size it would have like a charge with a powerful fast thrust towards a mount enough to grapple the mount you're on, dismounts you because you're not the prime target then drag the mount back in the water (or a good distance) and chop down doing a deathroll that crocs and gators do to prey causing drowning. 

The Sarco is whats the big croc in the game. A few years ago they added some feats to it that made it somewhat more fearsome. (Added Deathroll)
You should ask for more chances to the Sarco, since the Sarco is the biggest croc that has ever lived. But since they allready looked at it and chanced its feats back then, I doubt they are going to look at it again.

• 1 month later...

I've seen the how the Deinosuchus has been implemented and used within the Ark Additions Mod, and has become a symbol and icon for the modpack, but Purussaurus is a great alternative. Purussaurus is the second largest crocodilian species and was about 2/3rds larger than the Sarcosuchus (the largest prehistoric crocodile species (the fifth largest crocodile species - Sarcosuchus)). Due to the size and shape of it's skull, Purussaurus could easily swallow smaller creatures whole such as capybaras, turtles and young Toxodon, however. Due to palaeontologist's own knowledge and speculation of the species, Purussaurus was known for having one the strongest bites (not strong enough to knock a player off of a Tyrannosaurus Rex) known in crocodilians and in it's kin, but is mainly known for its able to tear large chunks of flesh off in the death roll action. Purussaurus is also a (the largest) caiman species that adapted to hunt and prey on ground sloths and large mammals, which could be an implemented buff for this species. Purussaurus mainly hunted not through drowning it's prey, but through blood loss and draining it's prey's energy (Purussaurus could generate 7 metric tons of force from it's jaws alone, which was more than enough to easily crush it's victim's bones). This would allow Purussaurus to quickly snatch prey, without using too much stamina and strength and would allow Purussaurus to be the perfect ambush mount. Caiman's also aren't known for jumping out of the water, those are crocodiles (caimans are relatives to alligators and are on an entirely different spectrum of the crocodilian family), but the Purussaurus was heavier based and could carry more weight than most other large prehistoric crocs. This also could allow for the Purussaurus to have an ability similar to that of the Karkinos grab ability, which would allow the Purussaurus to easily carry large prey within it's jaws. Unlike it's crocodile cousin (Sarcosuchus), the Purussaurus would be a larger and more heavy based crocodilian species (similar to the Deinosuchus from Ark Additions) that has a major weakness to colder environments, but makes up for that through it's damage output and its size.

This is a great idea for a new reptilian species, these are just my team's basic ideas for Purussaurus.

Archived