egg farms

GameFreak

On 12/26/2015 at 11:29 PM, PhantomGamer said:

Scorpions don't lay eggs very often. I have a male and 4 females and I think I have about 11 eggs and that's after many hours of being in the same area with them.

It is random.

I got 7 female scorpions and 2 male.

I get like 9 eggs/day (RL day) from them if I stay on my base.

Same with my turtles, It is like 5/hr with my 5 turtles.

And this goes on for other dinos too, and some dinos hardly give any eggs at all. My 3 female rexes gave like 1 egg/3 RL days, but the last 3-4 months I got like 1-2 eggs total.

I have 4 quetz birds, 1M , 3xF, and I still haven't gotten a single egg from them, same goes for my penguins.

It seems it is totally random, but getting more dinos obviously ups your chance to get eggs. If you desperately need more scorpion eggs the easiest option is just to tame some more and stay on your base more often.

1 hour ago, NukeZX said:

It is random.

I got 7 female scorpions and 2 male.

I get like 9 eggs/day (RL day) from them if I stay on my base.

Same with my turtles, It is like 5/hr with my 5 turtles.

And this goes on for other dinos too, and some dinos hardly give any eggs at all. My 3 female rexes gave like 1 egg/3 RL days, but the last 3-4 months I got like 1-2 eggs total.

I have 4 quetz birds, 1M , 3xF, and I still haven't gotten a single egg from them, same goes for my penguins.

It seems it is totally random, but getting more dinos obviously ups your chance to get eggs. If you desperately need more scorpion eggs the easiest option is just to tame some more and stay on your base more often.

I was only using Scorpions as an example because the OP said he had some. I know different creatures have different lay rates. Best way to up egg production is to get an Oviraptor. Thanks for the tips regardless! 

• 8 months later...

Also I didn't see anyone mention the 6 eggs per species in a given area (not dodos). And yes I have a massive egg farm that is a little too far from home base and I noticed if I'm not crafting or inside certain areas of my base I'm too far away from the egg farm and they don't lay. But if your away from the game and go afk inside the egg farm,when you get back there will be 10 to 15 eggs all together depending on how many dinos you have in your farm. 20 to 25 minutes is a good time to go afk in the farm.

Archived