Need Help Unlocking Tek Engrams

dabest2evadoit5

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not please don't chew my head off. Thx.

So I've been playing Ark on and off for a while now. I've had a few set backs, but I haven't given up. I would really like to participate in a boss fight and unlock some engrams. So what I'm asking is, if there is anyone planning on doing a boss fight, may I tag along? I'm on the ps4. Thanks for any help, heck even advice on how to solo it would be nice.

If you can get a pack of 19 (preferably bred/imprinted) Shadowmane, Deinonychus or even Rex's, set them to attack my target, then Ride as Yutyrannus (to continuously courage roar your army), you'll destroy The Megapithicus, Broodmother and Dragon, by sitting back and whistling your army to attack the target. Try Gamma for each first, and you'll get a feel for it, and probably be surprised at how well your team do. Oh, and if you use Deinonychus or rex, take the time to craft as decent a saddle as you have for each of them, it really makes a difference. As for getting the artifacts needed, check out Phlinger phoo's youtube videos for each cave, they are usually no fluff vids of how to run each.. good luck .. :)

p.s. Megatheriums work really well for the Broodmother, if you have them at hand

23 hours ago, resincake said:

If you can get a pack of 19 (preferably bred/imprinted) Shadowmane, Deinonychus or even Rex's, set them to attack my target, then Ride as Yutyrannus (to continuously courage roar your army), you'll destroy The Megapithicus, Broodmother and Dragon, by sitting back and whistling your army to attack the target. Clicks Test Try Gamma for each first, and you'll get a feel for it, and probably be surprised at how well your team do. Oh, and if you use Deinonychus or rex, take the time to craft as decent a saddle as you have for each of them, it really makes a difference. As for getting the artifacts needed, check out Phlinger phoo's youtube videos for each cave, they are usually no fluff vids of how to run each.. good luck .. :)

p.s. Megatheriums work really well for the Broodmother, if you have them at hand

This was good :)

The center arena is pretty easy solo.  Just zone in with breaded Rexes, go left.   Just let the rexes kill them while you wait.

Buy a pair of rexes then breaded them until you have lots of females to produce lots of eggs at once.  You will need an egg incubator and Maewing from gen 2.

try it in gamma first, you only need Artifact tributes for that.

3 hours ago, resincake said:

If you can get a pack of 19 (preferably bred/imprinted) Shadowmane, Deinonychus or even Rex's, ...

I have a set of 20 Deinos ready for the fight in the fridge, with 31/33 points in hp/melee.

I let them in the frdige until they have more points to spend, but i'm not sure how to distribute the points for Gamma/Beta fights. I thought about 500% melee for all and the rest in HP, is that good?

15 hours ago, dabest2evadoit5 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not please don't chew my head off. Thx. So I've been playing Ark on and off for a while now. I've had a few set backs, but I haven't given up. I would really like to participate in a boss fight and unlock some engrams. So what I'm asking is, if there is anyone planning on doing a boss fight, may I tag along? I'm on the ps4. Thanks for any help, heck even advice on how to solo it would be nice.

Looking for help is something I cannot help with, however doing it solo, your at the right place.

If your on the island, you can do it a couple different ways. The first way is to cheese it......get a couple shotguns and like 500-1000 ammo, a grappling hook, crossbow, and then go to the spider and look for the "secret nook" in the ceiling somewhere.....Grapple up there, pew pew pew, you win. Good luck on this, I don't have any more advice as I never did it this way, someone else can prolly point out what you need to do or where to hide.

Third choice is sorta cheesy, use a tank {steggo comes to mind} and same method, or perhaps the tek pistol.....more or less, here is a dino with absolutely insane amounts of health, use it as a meat shield while your true boss take down method does its job unbothered. 

Now for the real boss take down method, the dino army.....This can go one of two ways. You can get the megatheriums for the spider, rexs for "possibly" all bosses on the island, or theri's to help you later on with the dragon.
If you go with megatheriums for the spider, just make sure the pair you breed is over 100. Try to get a male and female with the good stats from mom and dad, and then breed them for your army. You should be good to go with just the imprint and leveling up.....25k health 850 melee minimum, but more than that is best. {this is only good for the broodmother, do not fight monkey or dragon}
If you go with rex's, you will have to do the same thing with breeding, but you reeeeeeally want to catch a 140-150 wilds as the parents, and you may want to start incorporating mutations. This will take a lot of time and a lot of babysitting, but if you work em long enough, you can have some absolutely boss mashing monsters. However try to keep in mind that they will take a lot of time before they will be ready. On top of that, they will also take some serious amounts of damage against the dragon. Because of this, you really need to try and get your final products to 30k health 1000-1500 melee minimum after imprint and lvling.....again, more than that is best, especially in the melee department.
Last but not least, theri's. Therizino's have the ability to eat sweet veggie cakes to heal up "AS" they fight.... This ability is perhaps the most broken and overlooked method of dealing with the dragon. When the dragon breaths fire onto your army, it takes a % of their health away. This can absolutely destroy many of the best boss fighting dino's in an extremely short amount of time. However if your army is healing itself at a rapid rate, it will require the dragon to make multiple hits with the fire breath before your army is close to dying. In other words, it buys you more time while boss fighting to kill the boss's. I was able to get away with a simple breed job with only 2 mutations before the final imprint and lvling. Granted, the fights was a little sloppier than I would have liked, but I only lost 7 theri's  while fighting all the bosses on the island. 5 to the alpha broodmother, and 2 to the alpha dragon. {I should have given them more veggie cakes on the broodmother fight} x.x
Try to get a minimum of 25k health and 1000-1500melee. More is best

With all of that said however, there are also a few tricks that you should not ignore!

1.) Bring a yutyanus, extra health and stamina is helpful, but nothing else is really important.....Turn on his auto courage, tell him to follow you, and then tell him to ignore group whistles.....This way he will always be screaming behind you and towards your army as they work. His roar will get your crew to deal more damage and take less damage as they work.

2.) Always bring a deadon.....While some people don't like using them IN the fight {I still recommend using one during the fight, but the life of a solo, you know?} you may want one on standby to help heal your army. However I allways take on into battle as it helps with the healing. They can eat any kind of meat, get better results with prime meat, and you can autofeed them dodo kibble for the best food regeneration.
I have my pig with over 80k food stat and in my opinion, it acts like a sheild to my boss army for a short amount of time. Granted, it runs out quickly. But if it provides your team with an additional 80k health pool for the boss to deal with, then its an edge in your favor.
If nothing else, its to help heal everyone back up for another run if things went very well.

3.) Once you have determined which dino you want to go with, find the best grade BP for the saddle of that tame......they are hard to find, difficult to get the materials for, and will require determination or trading to make an entire army's worth of dinos for. But if anything is worth its weight in gold, if anything is worth the trouble, its a proper saddle BP for your boss army. Before you make them however, do yourself a favor and use a mind wipe, then put all your stat points into crafting, then take a focal chili and cook up those BP's so that you can get the max armor stat you can out of each craft.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, wizard03 said:

Looking for help is something I cannot help with, however doing it solo, your at the right place.

If your on the island, you can do it a couple different ways. The first way is to cheese it......get a couple shotguns and like 500-1000 ammo, a grappling hook, crossbow, and then go to the spider and look for the "secret nook" in the ceiling somewhere.....Grapple up there, pew pew pew, you win. Good luck on this, I don't have any more advice as I never did it this way, someone else can prolly point out what you need to do or where to hide.

Third choice is sorta cheesy, use a tank {steggo comes to mind} and same method, or perhaps the tek pistol.....more or less, here is a dino with absolutely insane amounts of health, use it as a meat shield while your true boss take down method does its job unbothered. 

Now for the real boss take down method, the dino army.....This can go one of two ways. You can get the megatheriums for the spider, rexs for "possibly" all bosses on the island, or theri's to help you later on with the dragon.
If you go with megatheriums for the spider, just make sure the pair you breed is over 100. Try to get a male and female with the good stats from mom and dad, and then breed them for your army. You should be good to go with just the imprint and leveling up.....25k health 850 melee minimum, but more than that is best. {this is only good for the broodmother, do not fight monkey or dragon}
If you go with rex's, you will have to do the same thing with breeding, but you reeeeeeally want to catch a 140-150 wilds as the parents, and you may want to start incorporating mutations. This will take a lot of time and a lot of babysitting, but if you work em long enough, you can have some absolutely boss mashing monsters. However try to keep in mind that they will take a lot of time before they will be ready. On top of that, they will also take some serious amounts of damage against the dragon. Because of this, you really need to try and get your final products to 30k health 1000-1500 melee minimum after imprint and lvling.....again, more than that is best, especially in the melee department.
Last but not least, theri's. Therizino's have the ability to eat sweet veggie cakes to heal up "AS" they fight.... This ability is perhaps the most broken and overlooked method of dealing with the dragon. When the dragon breaths fire onto your army, it takes a % of their health away. This can absolutely destroy many of the best boss fighting dino's in an extremely short amount of time. However if your army is healing itself at a rapid rate, it will require the dragon to make multiple hits with the fire breath before your army is close to dying. In other words, it buys you more time while boss fighting to kill the boss's. I was able to get away with a simple breed job with only 2 mutations before the final imprint and lvling. Granted, the fights was a little sloppier than I would have liked, but I only lost 7 theri's  while fighting all the bosses on the island. 5 to the alpha broodmother, and 2 to the alpha dragon. {I should have given them more veggie cakes on the broodmother fight} x.x
Try to get a minimum of 25k health and 1000-1500melee. More is best

With all of that said however, there are also a few tricks that you should not ignore!

1.) Bring a yutyanus, extra health and stamina is helpful, but nothing else is really important.....Turn on his auto courage, tell him to follow you, and then tell him to ignore group whistles.....This way he will always be screaming behind you and towards your army as they work. His roar will get your crew to deal more damage and take less damage as they work.

2.) Always bring a deadon.....While some people don't like using them IN the fight {I still recommend using one during the fight, but the life of a solo, you know?} you may want one on standby to help heal your army. However I allways take on into battle as it helps with the healing. They can eat any kind of meat, get better results with prime meat, and you can autofeed them dodo kibble for the best food regeneration.
I have my pig with over 80k food stat and in my opinion, it acts like a sheild to my boss army for a short amount of time. Granted, it runs out quickly. But if it provides your team with an additional 80k health pool for the boss to deal with, then its an edge in your favor.
If nothing else, its to help heal everyone back up for another run if things went very well.

3.) Once you have determined which dino you want to go with, find the best grade BP for the saddle of that tame......they are hard to find, difficult to get the materials for, and will require determination or trading to make an entire army's worth of dinos for. But if anything is worth its weight in gold, if anything is worth the trouble, its a proper saddle BP for your boss army. Before you make them however, do yourself a favor and use a mind wipe, then put all your stat points into crafting, then take a focal chili and cook up those BP's so that you can get the max armor stat you can out of each craft.

Thanks, everything here is what I was looking for. You've been a huge help.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, wizard03 said:

take a focal chili and cook up those BP's so that you can get the max armor stat you can out of each craft.

focal chili doesn't work on bp, only good when doing custom recipes

first boss i recommend doing is the gamma monkey, ai is terrible, and you don't need top dino to beat it, i did it a couple of times with what i call my army of rejects, (mostly dinos that i do not use anymore , a mix a tamed and bred ones collecting dust in my cryo fridge) if i remember correctly i used a dozen of raptors mantis baryo and megalo, i was riding a shïtty tamed rex, the monkey ignored  my dinos and spent its time trying to reach me which was prevented by my dinos fighting it,

just keep your distances riding the rex and let your army do the job

16 hours ago, L4D2 said:

focal chili doesn't work on bp, only good when doing custom recipes

first boss i recommend doing is the gamma monkey, ai is terrible, and you don't need top dino to beat it, i did it a couple of times with what i call my army of rejects, (mostly dinos that i do not use anymore , a mix a tamed and bred ones collecting dust in my cryo fridge) if i remember correctly i used a dozen of raptors mantis baryo and megalo, i was riding a shïtty tamed rex, the monkey ignored  my dinos and spent its time trying to reach me which was prevented by my dinos fighting it,

just keep your distances riding the rex and let your army do the job

the idea is to help cook them up quicker.....Its not exactly necessary or helps get you a better product, but if your worried about getting things done quickly, it does speed up the process.

And I agree with hitting the monkey first, its not as hard to kill, even if it does decide to attack your army instead of glitching.

Finaly I did my first bossfight with the gamma broodmother. 19 Deinos with 500% melee and 5k HP, and a tamed Yuti with 25k HP. All with ascendant saddles.
A year ago I tried the alpha version with tamed megatheriums and totaly failed, so I was scared. But it was super easy. They all survived and the deinos lost not more than 5% health.

But something went wrong with the spider pets, they came all to me although I was distant. My Yuti had to fight them all alone, but he lost only 3k HP. What can I do to avoid this?

2 hours ago, Zapha said:

Finaly I did my first bossfight with the gamma broodmother. 19 Deinos with 500% melee and 5k HP, and a tamed Yuti with 25k HP. All with ascendant saddles.
A year ago I tried the alpha version with tamed megatheriums and totaly failed, so I was scared. But it was super easy. They all survived and the deinos lost not more than 5% health.

But something went wrong with the spider pets, they came all to me although I was distant. My Yuti had to fight them all alone, but he lost only 3k HP. What can I do to avoid this?

Have to admit, seems the minions anymore do filter through and get to you instead of worring about the main battle pack.....Not much to do about it except level up health on the yuty.

Archived