Genesis 2 missions to tame a 150 stryder and unlock alpha boss

Giorgino87

Hi All,

this is an extension of 

and

where I discuss genesis: part 1 missions. 

Here I would like to discuss genesis part 2 missions. To start, I have to say that my feeling is that genesis part 2 misisosn are much easier, in general, than genesis part 1. First, for the time allowed on alpha, that is usually 1 hour, comparing to 15 minutes in part 1. Second, because there is no mission with enemis as strong as the alpha Giga of part 1. Third, cause there is no only-water mission that makes you really wonder "how the heck I do this?" like for megalodon thooth, dalphin and turtle in part 1.

Now, to discussion

Hunt missions:

Velonasaur: we did alpha with just a tamed ferox, in 2. Too easy. Best way to farm exagons  maybe. There is no alpha hunt misison this easy on Gen 1.

Shadowmane: we did beta with tamed ferox + tek rifle. For alpha this seems not enough, but I think that with a few 50%+ gigas one should do it, right?

Ferox: we did beta with just tek rigle + flying. For alpha, this may work as well, just requires many more than 1 tek rifle, or good quality ones. A few unmounted gigas could help as well. Cannot be more precise until I try them (waiting for transfer to open...), but the last 2 missions don't seem to pose a problem in the future.

Trap missions:

We did all Gamma using tek bows.

Paracer is easy to hit, but requires massive torpor. Allready beta I think cannot be done with tek bows, not in 3 at least. I was thinking to use some mantis, with ascendant saddle and clubs, can this work, or they are gonna die? Paracer can hit hard, but in part 2 alpha don't have the huge damage increase like in part 1

Bulbdog is a little more difficult to hit, but lower torpor. I think that either mantis or ascendant longneck 350%+ with Shocking Tranquilizer Dart should do it in 3-4 people? Opinions?

Maewig is ost challenging, as they escape so quickly. Mantis is not something one can use here, or in the best case just for the first hit. Any strategy to save time? I rememebr in gamma we spent so much time following and chasing them, with 90% of arows going to miss.

Races:

maewig: did on alpha, easy

windsurf: did on alpha, easy

Circuit Chase Alpha: tried many times, unable to do it on alpha. Anybody have sugegstions/videos? I fail by a lot, not few seconds...

Starwing Strike Alpha: tried many times as well, no luck...

Downriver Run (+ team): here the difficult thing is the time constrains PLUS the very low canoe health. I think it would help a LOT to see a video with the exact route to choose, as, especially in the second part with rapids, the way you choose matters a lot, both in terms of speed and canoe health risk

Code Red/Choose Your Own Adventure/Life Support

I guess here the equipment you bring matetrs a lot. For code red, we were doing the gamma one with ferox+ tek rifle. The others, just tek rifle. We didn't dare trying higher difficulty levels. We can bring much better armors, but being without dino (in code red as well, for certain parts where dino cannot be taken, except ferox) limits significantly the damage output.  Anyway I need to try to identify the problems in completeing this, if any.

Survive the ark - arena: we did the gamma, was fun. I am really afrain to try this even on beta. Ok, we can bring beter armors once transfer opens, but again damage output is strinctly limited. We should be able to manage beta somehow, but alpha.... again, need to try first. But comments from who did this succesfully - with STANDARD settings - are welcome

On survive the ark, just get like 170 movement speed, worst is first phase but you can cheese them with slingshot if you dont want to waste armour . If you do go for spear best weapon. If you are smart you can do first 2 waves with free weapon to conserve credits.

My optimal setup was to get tekbow asap, it snipes everything and get allos only. Dimorphs are good since they are small and most of flyers will miss them and ground creatures will bundle under them trying to hit what they can't.

Kapros have very smol hitbox and lots of creatures miss them.

Ravagers are also good option, since they get bleed effect. Allos also have bleed which speeds up killing bigger dinos.

All you have to do is to kite around and snipe big flyers, and dangerous dinos like magmas, reapers, spinos etc.

Tek rifle/ rifle / are also good options if you can't spare credits for tek bow or dont like using it.

Only dragon summon is useful, others are crap.

18 hours ago, Kazaanh said:

On survive the ark, just get like 170 movement speed, worst is first phase but you can cheese them with slingshot if you dont want to waste armour . If you do go for spear best weapon. If you are smart you can do first 2 waves with free weapon to conserve credits.

My optimal setup was to get tekbow asap, it snipes everything and get allos only. Dimorphs are good since they are small and most of flyers will miss them and ground creatures will bundle under them trying to hit what they can't.

Kapros have very smol hitbox and lots of creatures miss them.

Ravagers are also good option, since they get bleed effect. Allos also have bleed which speeds up killing bigger dinos.

All you have to do is to kite around and snipe big flyers, and dangerous dinos like magmas, reapers, spinos etc.

Tek rifle/ rifle / are also good options if you can't spare credits for tek bow or dont like using it.

Only dragon summon is useful, others are crap.

thanks for advice. Will try and share my result

I always summoned dragon on gamma, first time looked OP, second time the dodrex eat it very quickly...

Circuit Chase (alpha) - You have moderate room for error.  Most of the run is just running in a straight line.  The main run killer is the three back to back jumps about 30 seconds into the run.  If you miss a jump from one platform to the next, cancel and restart.

DRR - Team is much much much easier than solo.  A perfect run solo run in the team mission takes around 6 minutes, so you have 4 minutes of spare time to make mistakes with or take things slowly and carefully. non-team is much much harder, with only about 15 seconds of spare time from a perfect run.  There's really only one way to complete it - put in dozens of practice attempts.  Take easy routes at first.  As you get more comfortable controlling it, start cutting corners and squeezing through more difficult turns.

Starwing Strike - This mission is extremely easy.  It used to be possible to complete it by doing literally nothing, but they fixed that a couple weeks ago.  The timer is incredibly forgiving, even on alpha.  Just don't touch the walls and you should have no trouble completing it.

Torpor hunts:

Racer - For some reason, non-adult paracers only take torpor over time from your shots, and don't take the up front torpor from the shot.  This means that it's very difficult to ko the adolescent/juvenille/babies, and it also doesn't matter how many people are shooting them.  Generally it's easier to just KO the adults that spawn, and then kill the rest so you can move to the next spawn set faster.

Bulbdog - is now ludicrously difficult on alpha.  The other difficulties are pretty manageable though.  Should've done it before they turned the difficulty up to 11.

Maewing - use rare flowers to draw aggro.  Even after the rare flower effect wears off they stay aggroed to you, so you can just float over their head in your fed suit and blast away until they have enough torpor.

Dungeons:

These are all relatively easy.   The only really tricky spot is Code Red's final boss, but this can be cheesed with pump shotties by jumping up into the areas high up on the walls that open up when the helper dinos join in the fight using a shadowmane.

Survive the Ark - Can be soloed with a fed suit and med brews on beta without too much difficulty, just need enough movespeed.  Alpha is a lot harder because of the round 1 dps check with primitive weapons, probably better to team up for that one.

Archived