Few ideas to make ARK 2 better than ARK 1

AUTO6

I have a few ideas what to change or fix to make ARK 2 better game:

1. Adding fall damage to wild dinos (but also make them smarter to not jump from the clifs)

2. Adding fall damage to tamed dinos when not mounted (now every ARK player just jump the clifs on dinos and just before hitting ground just dismount so no fall damage for dino and very small fall damage to player character)

3. Nerfing tamed dinos compared to wild dinos - not as much as wild vs tamed giga but maybe +25% points for perfect tame dino, not 50% and much less stat points for every level adding to dino stats (high level tamed dino with many added points for exping it should be stronger than wild high level but not to much - for example if you perfedt tamed 150 level rex it should be powerfull dino and easy winner fightning one high level wild one but if you fight more than 3 wild level rexes it should be hard to win; now if I have high level rex I leveled up a lot I can just attack pack of 10 high level wild rexes and kill them in a few seconds - it should be way harder I think)

4. Making tamed giga stronger - maybe not to strong as wild one but now tamed giga is a joke comared to wild one

5. Adding new mechanic not allowing low level players riding high level animals, wearing high level armour and using high level weapons and tools (for example you can only ride some dino when you have a level 5 levels lower than level needed to make a saddle, the same for using weapons, tools and armour) - now many bobs just after joining advanced tribe can just ride gigas or wyverns having full equipment

6. Flyers should be more late game animals to ride (higher level needed to ride and to make a saddle) - that means more ground exploration in early stage of the game. For me playing on PVE ghe game is the most fun before reaching flyers, after that moment I'm using mostly flying creatures and game start to be easy (also before having flyers it feels like the map is way bigger and there is more to explore)

7. Adding smart predators mechanics to fith them like a pack (for example raptors should try to surround players before attack and if players are stronger the predators should try to run away)

8. Making interactions between wild creatures more complex and realistic - if parasaur can see a rex it should just run away before rex will bite him, trike packs should protect their babies like real animals etc)

9. Character creator should allow to make more variants of faces, also there should be some limitations in body creator - if your character have lean arm, you can't make thick forearm - no more Popeye in ARK)

10. Adding more realistic feaces, not brown balls ;)

• 5 months later...

I Agree. I think the damage should be realistic when upgrading stats it should be for upgrading fight experience and skill giving animals a better chance against top predators like the T-rex. I explain this suggestion better on my post https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/1857122-nynyxgamergirl/

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, AUTO6 said:

1. Adding fall damage to wild dinos (but also make them smarter to not jump from the clifs)

this alongside a smarter AI that would avoid falling into cliff edges to follow and attack you would make certain cenarios more interesting, like using trikes to strike enemies off a cliff to kill them

• 2 weeks later...

Archived