Water dinos too aggresive on Gen2

IronGeezer

Sorry about your tames, the safest and most affordable option I can think of is using cryopods. 

The water creatures have always felt too aggressive regardless of map. Yet, they live in blissful harmony with each other. Wild dino AI in the water doesn’t feel very fleshed out, and it’s a gripe with the ocean biome I sure many people here share.

I have noticed in the underwater city that if I stop for a moment, I will be swarmed my multiple alphas and literally dozens of other creatures within a minute: so many creatures that they can not be visually tracked.  It seems like the number of creatures spawned and their aggro-awareness distance are way too high.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, IronGeezer said:

I really enjoy Gen2 but I've lost several dinos in the water cave due to the swarming water dinos.  They are way too aggressive to try to tame anything.  I've lost 2 astrodelphis and a basilo along with a couple of bags of decent gear.  

On 8/7/2021 at 7:59 PM, GrumpyBear said:

Crystal isles is pretty much the same thing.  You fight with one wild animal down there , the whole ocean comes for you after that starts.

Whole underwater needs a complete TLC. They need to revamp how aggro of underwater dinos work

Can lead most water creatures up through tunnels to shallow lakes on gen 2

killed alpha Mossa and alpha squids this way and also is easier to tame creatures once separated 

Still very dangerous and have lost a lot of creatures to the deep

Also net gun what u want lead rest away then lead one u want to top 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, Kazaanh said:

Whole underwater needs a complete TLC. They need to revamp how aggro of underwater dinos work

Agreed, I've always found the underwater biomes & creatures underwhelming. Gen 1 was the first time they made a good stride towards making water interesting including the sealed off areas, oxygen, water clarity etc.  In previous maps you also had underwater caves and artifacts/mini boss so there was a reason to tame stuff and roam/explore. In Gen 2 water biome is utterly pointless. Even all the resources can be found elsewhere easier. Total disappointment in Gen 2. Never bothered with it after taming a shark and some plesios(by accident as they chased me up to the surface) and looking around the biome a bit. 

• 1 month later...

fight mechanics under water is problematic. someone tel me why ichtiosaurs and mantas blocking tamed dinos aka tuso or plesio.... on gene 2 game start spawn tons ichtiosaursand some mantas. this dino block your dino create blocking ring around your dino. next game spawn alpha variants sharks and you  tell, by your dino. 2-3 alpha sharks and tons of normal sharks attack your dino up to 450 dmg/s per dino in to 140 armor sadle. and because f....ing ichtiosaursand and mantas block(stuck) your dino,dino  is in some seconds dead. this mechanic is super buged and need repair. 
for this time only shadowmane is usable on G2 under water, or group good sharks. other ocean dinos aka, tuso, basilo, plesio, moso, is unusable, if you go solo underwater. in 2 ppl is situation more better.

Archived