Community Crunch 279: New Creature Submission, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

22 minutes ago, Arkfan15 said:

also the indominus rex has been a sponsored mod before but got removed.Primal fear also has the indom and it is a sponsored mod as well.maybe this time we can get it.

Additionally, with this map's primary focus on returning to primitive roots and using real prehistoric creatures throwing in a patchwork Frankenstein dino like the indominus kinda ignores the entire goal of the map.

9 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Additionally, with this map's primary focus on returning to primitive roots and using real prehistoric creatures throwing in a patchwork Frankenstein dino like the indominus kinda ignores the entire goal of the map.

im still submitting for a chance.They can decide whether to keep it or not.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, WildTacoBR said:

i do lol,but the baboon will be just another pve dino like half of the tames in this game

It's only a PvE dino if you lack the experience or cleverness to actually plan beyond "throw big dinos, manas, and soakers at a base until we break in". Synergize, plan, make use of multiple abilities. Wars of attrition are only beneficial if you have the raw resources and opportunities to waste to recoup any losses quickly. Seriously these things could be pretty devestating if paired with tek breakers like arthropleura provided their ability works on tek as a whole. Even with aerial combatants if you have a tanky enough flier you could just scoop people in tek to haul them over to a dinopithecus to be pelted with poop and dropped into a waiting horde of tames, preferably those that can grapple players to maximize the amount of time you can really lay into them. 

7 minutes ago, Arkfan15 said:

im still submitting for a chance.They can decide whether to keep it or not.

Your choice man, just don't be surprised if the idea gets vetoed even if it gains traction. As an aside I'm almost certain that carchara will still take the win since this vote is pretty much just being done to soothe the hurt feelings of its voters from their previous loss.

11 hours ago, Arkdude19 said:

I'm kinda hoping, that we can add another therizinosaur, maybe the deinocheirus? I mean it wouldn't be as annoying as the theri we have now, plus it could be passive unless provoked.

I would argue it'd be superfluous but then again I also kind of want to see velociraptor get added in despite its niche being filled by troodon and it being just as superfluous as the only nonridable dromeosaur so I can't really say I have room to talk.

7 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I would argue it'd be superfluous but then again I also kind of want to see velociraptor get added in despite its niche being filled by troodon and it being just as superfluous as the only nonridable dromeosaur so I can't really say I have room to talk.

I would also love to see a velociraptor, but like you said it would be the only non-ridable dromeosaur, and also the most fragile considering it's size.

Edit: unless they give it armor that can go up to ascendant.

Edited by Arkdude19

On 8/10/2021 at 1:44 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

It's only a PvE dino if you lack the experience or cleverness to actually plan beyond "throw big dinos, manas, and soakers at a base until we break in". Synergize, plan, make use of multiple abilities. Wars of attrition are only beneficial if you have the raw resources and opportunities to waste to recoup any losses quickly. Seriously these things could be pretty devestating if paired with tek breakers like arthropleura provided their ability works on tek as a whole. Even with aerial combatants if you have a tanky enough flier you could just scoop people in tek to haul them over to a dinopithecus to be pelted with poop and dropped into a waiting horde of tames, preferably those that can grapple players to maximize the amount of time you can really lay into them. 

ok now im 100% sure you play PVE,the monki is useless unless he has more range than a tek saddle,and fabby can deal with ppl using tek suit pretty well lol

if it has more than a tek saddle then it will get nerfed

7 hours ago, Arkdude19 said:

I would also love to see a velociraptor, but like you said it would be the only non-ridable dromeosaur, and also the most fragile considering it's size.

Edit: unless they give it armor that can go up to ascendant.

Armor might work, perhaps something like the hyenadon meat pack but feared for defense rather than meat carry. Were it implemented into the game perhaps they could give it a similar mechanic to deinonychus where it can latch onto and bleed creatures, albeit smaller ones with humans or giganopithecus being their largest latchable targets. We've yet to see a small creature that can induce bleed and they'd probably be at least half decent for low level tribe disputes or guarding vaults when paired other dinos that are geared more towards harassing or otherwise slowing raiders. Lord only knows that if you packed a bunch of them in a room alongside some troodon and dilos with a few vaults filled with useless loot it'd be a magnificent way to get your would be raiders to waste time, energy and resources.

5 minutes ago, WildTacoBR said:

ok now im 100% sure you play PVE,the monki is useless unless he has more range than a tek saddle,and fabby can deal with ppl using tek suit pretty well lol

if it has more than a tek saddle then it will get nerfed

I play both, I've just always preferred unconventional approaches to fighting because it's more satisfying when it works and it forces me to think beyond "mount mana/giga and blast/bite enemy into submission".  Again, you don't just bring the ape in and expect a victory, you pair it with other tames to maximize its utility

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

On 8/10/2021 at 12:50 AM, TheTwistedKeeper said:

How is it a PVE dino? It can throw grenades which helps both PVE & PVP, it can climb which helps both PVE & PVP, and it disables tek which helps just PVP . Because of it disabling of tek, it's going to be a lot more useful for PVP then PVE.

throwing normal grenades is pve dude,and the tek disable thing will be nothing unless it has more range than a tek saddle,maybe forcefields can be disables easier or something like that

looks pve atm

Just now, CosmicSkeleton said:

I play both, I've just always preferred unconventional approaches to fighting because it's more satisfying when it works and it forces me to think beyond "mount mana/giga and blast/bite enemy into submission". 

manas are dead,wc killed them

pvp nowadays is only about sitting on a shadowmane waiting enemies to come and go tappy/noglin push while they are dead,or flood wiping if you are not on PS4

2 minutes ago, WildTacoBR said:

manas are dead,wc killed them

pvp nowadays is only about sitting on a shadowmane waiting enemies to come and go tappy/noglin push while they are dead,or flood wiping if you are not on PS4

Alas I am indeed on ps4. Shadowmanes and the noglin/tape strat are fair points, however I still believe that my point holds weight. Metas are shifting things after all. A buff here, a nerf there, a patch that barely fixes an issue/breaks something else like five months after the issue was even brought up (as is the wildcard way, lol) and suddenly everything's different. We have to gauge the viability of the creature in game before we presume to call it a PvE creature.

11 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Alas I am indeed on ps4. Shadowmanes and the noglin/tape strat are fair points, however I still believe that my point holds weight. Metas are shifting things after all. A buff here, a nerf there, a patch that barely fixes an issue/breaks something else like five months after the issue was even brought up (as is the wildcard way, lol) and suddenly everything's different. We have to gauge the viability of the creature in game before we presume to call it a PvE creature.

hm yea u right the monki viability only depends on his range and what it does affect or not tbh,if he only disable useless things like T E K  L I G H T S then its useless but if he hits ff turrets and this kind of stuff the its meta

7 minutes ago, WildTacoBR said:

hm yea u right the monki viability only depends on his range and what it does affect or not tbh,if he only disable useless things like T E K  L I G H T S then its useless but if he hits ff turrets and this kind of stuff the its meta

Oh trust me if it's just useless tek structures it disables then I'll eat my words while I and everyone who voted for it proceed to lose our collective minds in a rage. I'd say wildcard wouldn't be foolish enough to do that but...wildcard...

20 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Armor might work, perhaps something like the hyenadon meat pack but feared for defense rather than meat carry. Were it implemented into the game perhaps they could give it a similar mechanic to deinonychus where it can latch onto and bleed creatures, albeit smaller ones with humans or giganopithecus being their largest latchable targets. We've yet to see a small creature that can induce bleed and they'd probably be at least half decent for low level tribe disputes or guarding vaults when paired other dinos that are geared more towards harassing or otherwise slowing raiders. Lord only knows that if you packed a bunch of them in a room alongside some troodon and dilos with a few vaults filled with useless loot it'd be a magnificent way to get your would be raiders to waste time, energy and resources.

LOL that sounds like a really good job for it, guarding vaults is something I do on every pvp server I go on, but mainly with high health dodos and high health high attack dilos, so adding a pack of velociraptors to the mix that has ascendant armor, and can latch on and bleed people trying to get into your base just to get maybe some old cloth armor and thatch floors sounds TERRIFYING.

Edited by Arkdude19

4 hours ago, aakkakakakkakakakkakakqkqk said:

KOOLASUCHUS

Koolasuchus is rideable tameable creature that lives in swamps and at beaches

Stats

Health:1000

Damage:80,100,20

Stamina:2000

Speed:500

Food:3540

Torpor:2000

Taming

Passive:All of the meat

Abilities

it can heal it self and it have infinite Oxygen

maxresdefault-8.jpg

This idea would work, but it is about the size of a diplocaulus (correct me if I'm wrong on spelling) so being rideable is quite a stretch

Edited by Arkdude19

We could also see about adding the guanlong, nonridable, but fast, deadly, and hyper aggressive, like the corrupted dinos of extinction, also the smallest tyrannosaur, meaning that it would be more deadly than the raptor but less deadly than a high level carno, or a Rex.

Edited by Arkdude19

Despite my view on theropods being too prevalent in game I decided after talking about velociraptor to slap together a little dossier, more so because I enjoy writing about this kind of stuff than because I actually intend to compete. Plus every now and again I feel people should consider adding tames that AREN'T just for end game players to try and tackle. If anyone likes the idea enough feel free to use my scribblings for it to add it as a competitor. Just credit whatever I write up please.

Velociraptor Vitae (Swift plunderer of life)
Diet: Carnivore
Preferred food: Mutton/Regular Kibble
Temperament: Opportunistic
Taming method: Passive*

"With its diminutive size, slight build, and feathery body, many survivors of the ark might mistake velociraptor vitae at first glance for its nocturnally predatory kin the troodon. Despite this initial assumption however the behaviors and hunting patterns of these creatures is, if one can pardon the pun, night and day. Whereas troodon favor aggressive night time assaults on hapless survivors and their smaller tames, vitae seem perfectly content to watch from a distance and strike only when doing so appears favorable. Another competitor in the now hotly contested title of smartest non-humanoid creature on the ark, Velociraptor will lie in wait with its pack mates for potential prey to become engaged  in a battle for survival with other small predators. Upon the target (or more accurately, targets) showing signs of being wounded, the alpha will announce the attack with a piercing screech before the pack swiftly descends on both parties in a flurry of feathers, fangs, and sickle shaped claws. More frightening is the fact that Velociraptor makes use of a similar tactic as its larger dromeosaur cousin deinonychus, latching on to and viciously mauling prey until blood loss claims it. When a survivor is at their lowest point, it is often these little nightmares that come to finish the job."
Domesticated
"As the second smallest dromeosaur on the ark Velociraptor is quite obviously impossible to use as a mount. Instead, Velociraptor finds its usage amongst tribes as a tool for asymmetrical warfare. Swift and all too adept at pack hunting, Vitae is commonly used either as a means of harassing survivors and smaller tames in combat or as a surprisingly fearsome guard dog. Some smaller tribes have even been known to pair them alongside dilophosaurs, dimorphodons, and other "harasser" dinosaurs to slow raiding attempts by would be attackers long enough for survivors to take up arms or bring a more powerful creature to end the fight."

Taming Method*: Since taming processes seem to be moving more away from the old fashioned tranq and feed of like to keep with the trend and do something a bit different but still relatively familiar. Taming velociraptor involves wounding other creatures around it for it to feed on. While obviously you can just shank something near you with a spear and let nature take its course your best bet at doing this would simply be to knock something out nearby, preferably with a club or bow to get in some good damage with the torpor so the process doesn't drag on. Dodos and other small dinos will do just fine to fill the taming meter and like troodon its effectiveness won't go dropping unless of course it gets hurt. Since it's almost never alone you'd do well to kill pack mates first.

Potential abilities/perks: 
-Deinonychus style latch and bleed attack on anything up to either human or gigantopithecus size
-Pack buff
-Warning call (really just the alpha signaling the pack to attack but it'd be a great raid alarm. Will require more than one velociraptor since it's an alpha specific ability)
-Armor (it's likely gonna be kinda squishy to make up for that early game ease of taming so this is a nice balance)

Utility: 
-Harasser
-Warning signal
-Pet

Dangers:
Velociraptor despite not being initially aggressive or too powerful will almost never spawn alone and will eagerly go after a reckless player if they don't play smart. Beach bobbing and suddenly get into a scrap with dilos? Raptor pack. Running for your life from a Rex or an angry theri and you fall off a high point and injure yourself? Raptor pack. Try to knock out any small creature without responsibly genociding every predator nearby? Boy you better believe that's a raptor pack coming to ruin that efficiency. This will be as much a "kick you while you're down" dinosaur as it is an interesting addition to your collection.

IMG_4114.JPG

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

I didn't vote or bother because voting is more of hey this tuber said let's vote for this. It rigs it and makes personal voting mean less. So unless my personal interests fallows a massive community voting the same It is pointless. I think every youtuber that suggested voting deserved a youtube strike. 

Btw devs your game is getting more and more broken on console. Our incubator had fresh eggs in it and thing flashed and all eggs r gone. My tek plot had gen on and fert and my meat plants did same thing my egg incubator did and it emptied.  Those seeds r so hard I probably won't find any more. As I ain't seen a seed sense start of summer event. 

But the issue is lag gets notable worse on regular intervals. And it never gets better just goes down hill. This has mass quitting occurring. I've seen long time vets walk away lately.  Cause lags getting so bad even some of us that delt with it worsen for years r done. Stuff dies. U can't claim babies. U get meshed into stuff walking and using a metal pick and you bag is gone and you can't get your gear back cause you got meshed into a small rock or something. When you destroy rock and still no bag it sucks. But ark just keeps getting worse.

Missions r such bs ones like star dolphin r like impossible on gama. Gama. And the enforcer like races need more time cause gama is bearly doable. So you need to fix it cause most people can't can't boss and it doesn't come down to skill or trying its dumb luck with star dolphin type ones.  

I am part of a large group that will not buy a new Xbox to buy your ark 2 when released. We have no faith in your ability to keep stuff working well after launch. Ark 1 use to work good on consoles but over time you let it slip. Alot of my friends share my opinion. We have no faith on you guys keeping it running well 6 to 12 months down the road as you let ark 1 fall apart and then say how proud you are of it. You are probably of a broken game. You must love getting nut checked.  Cause it's dumb to be proud of making a product more broken weekly or Monthly,  w.e. That's moronic Cedric! U r proud of taking our money and giving us a defective product.  

I can tell you what you company is among the top ones I won't play other games from for being like this.  It's ok if a released new thing has glitches and such.  But to never fix it and just make it worse. Doesn't matter. If you dump glitter on poop it's still poop. If u spray perfume on poop it's still poop. Poop is poop and ark is so poop now.  I'm a adult and I'm ashamed I've played ark and bought 2nd dlc and play a game you have zero care for it unless it's pc version. 

Edited by WhiteHaze