Community Crunch 279: New Creature Submission, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 8/6/2021 at 11:07 PM, GrognakTheBarbarian said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic, because there are at least 11 therapods to the 8 non-therapod dinos. Everything else is a mammal, monotreme, or water tame. I actually almost voted Carcha, but saw that it would be a glass cannon. Then the monke I ended up voting for has completely different abilities. The only way I can see a therapod winning a vote is if it fills a niche that you'd have to breed into, or teamwork to fill otherwise.

Yeah there's 11 theropods of the 174 creatures of ark why are you complaining about "too many theropods".there is going to be 4 sauropods and like 8 ridable flyers.this map won't have much water so I'm not saying anything about it.there are now 3 tameable monkeys and 1 boss monkey.there are way more mammals than anything as well.I just looked up how many mammals are in ark and there are 33 mammals plus one more which is the dinopithicus.so there is a sixth of the amount of dinos in ark that are mammals and your complaining that there are too many theropods?

Btw I'm not trying to argue with anybody I'm just saying stop complaining about getting a theropod instead of a different random thing.i also agree that the dinopithicus sounds like good tame especially for early game travel when you can't get a flyer.also I really hope they give it the ability to use tools(melee weapons not guns or other electronic tools/weapons)a monkey with clubs sounds dangerous.

Edited by Arkfan15

11 hours ago, Arkfan15 said:

I know it's not a dino but here at least think about voting it has lots of abilities.ill be putting it into the submission once it comes out hope you enjoy it.

Screenshot_20210809-035238.png

Wildcard literally can't add indominus unless they're willing to pay Universal Pictures for the rights to use their intellectual property. They almost certainly don't have the money to use its likeness and would be sued into bankruptcy if they tried it without permission. Also this map is supposed to be all about real prehistoric creatures this time.

4 hours ago, Arkfan15 said:

33 mammals plus one more which is the dinopithicus.

Out of 174 creatures that's really not as much as you make it out to be. Also I think it's a little closer to about 27 including humans if you cut out the fantasy creatures like roll rats, maewings, etc. That's not really the issue here though: Of the dinosaurs in ark most of them came from clade theropoda. Think about it: Rex, raptor, giga, allo, carno, megalo, deinonychus, dilo, theri, oviraptor, troodon, spino, bary, compy, micro, archae, galli, yuty.   In the non theropod dinosaur camp we have brontos, diplos, titanos, trikes, pachys, paras, stegos, kentros, iguanodon, tapes, pachyrhinos, pegos, ankylo and now amarga.  I'm not including the prehistoric fliers as they weren't part of dinosauria and instead belonged to pterosauria and, in the case of argies, aves. Using whataboutism for mammals won't detract from the argument that there's flat out more theropods than any other dinosaur in the game.

2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Out of 174 creatures that's really not as much as you make it out to be. Also I think it's a little closer to about 27 including humans if you cut out the fantasy creatures like roll rats, maewings, etc. That's not really the issue here though: Of the dinosaurs in ark most of them came from clade theropoda. Think about it: Rex, raptor, giga, allo, carno, megalo, deinonychus, dilo, theri, oviraptor, troodon, spino, bary, compy, micro, archae, galli, yuty.   In the non theropod dinosaur camp we have brontos, diplos, titanos, trikes, pachys, paras, stegos, kentros, iguanodon, tapes, pachyrhinos, pegos, ankylo and now amarga.  I'm not including the prehistoric fliers as they weren't part of dinosauria and instead belonged to pterosauria and, in the case of argies, aves. Using whataboutism for mammals won't detract from the argument that there's flat out more theropods than any other dinosaur in the game.

I'm pretty sure a theropod is a biped carnivore not herbivores like the galli and theri

7 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Wildcard literally can't add indominus unless they're willing to pay Universal Pictures for the rights to use their intellectual property. They almost certainly don't have the money to use its likeness and would be sued into bankruptcy if they tried it without permission. Also this map is supposed to be all about real prehistoric creatures this time.

cant they rename it like the creator of ark additions did?Also even since its a fantasy creature it is based off some of the creatures in ark.Also the indominus would be perfect for this map especially since it hunts sauropods like the bronto, diplo and amargasauros.The amargasauros is dangerous and can be a rival for the indom.

Edited by Arkfan15

1 hour ago, survivorofthearks said:

I'm pretty sure a theropod is a biped carnivore not herbivores like the galli and theri

Being a carnivore isn't a requirement to be a theropod, only that they have the correct anatomical structure, I.e. things like hollow leg bones, digit count, and hip structuring. After all despite appearances therizinosaurs are actually quite closely related to tyrannosaurs.

1 hour ago, Arkfan15 said:

cant they rename it like the creator of ark additions did?Also even since its a fantasy creature it is based off some of the creatures in ark.Also the indominus would be perfect for this map especially since it hunts sauropods like the bronto, diplo and amargasauros.The amargasauros is dangerous and can be a rival for the indom.

it was made by the carno giga rex raptor theri and more.

Not without entirely getting rid of the design that makes it the indominus. It's an intellectual property in name and design. The legal risks just don't make it worth the minuscule reward.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Being a carnivore isn't a requirement to be a theropod, only that they have the correct anatomical structure, I.e. things like hollow leg bones, digit count, and hip structuring. After all despite appearances therizinosaurs are actually quite closely related to tyrannosaurs.

Not without entirely getting rid of the design that makes it the indominus. It's an intellectual property in name and design. The legal risks just don't make it worth the minuscule reward.

So i spent half a day working on this for nothing?Welp time to find a new dino.

13 hours ago, WildTacoBR said:

i do lol,but the baboon will be just another pve dino like half of the tames in this game

How is it a PVE dino? It can throw grenades which helps both PVE & PVP, it can climb which helps both PVE & PVP, and it disables tek which helps just PVP . Because of it disabling of tek, it's going to be a lot more useful for PVP then PVE.

2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

yes sorry i looked it up and yeah a theri and galli are technically theropods.

I did also look up what a theropod is and it came up with this:a carnivorous dinosaur of a group whose members are typically bipedal and range from small and delicately built to very large.

1 minute ago, Arkfan15 said:

yes sorry i looked it up and yeah a theri and galli are technically theropods.

I did also look up what a theropod is and it came up with this:a carnivorous dinosaur of a group whose members are typically bipedal and range from small and delicately built to very large.

Also are galli's and theri's omnivores?i just looked it up galli is omnivorous and theri is herbivore.this is confusing.

Edited by Arkfan15

3 hours ago, Arkfan15 said:

nvm carchar is way weaker than a rex.Rex had a bite force of 12800 pounds psi and the carchar had 3000.yah im voting for indom.

also the indominus rex has been a sponsored mod before but got removed.Primal fear also has the indom and it is a sponsored mod as well.maybe this time we can get it.

Edited by Arkfan15

10 minutes ago, Arkfan15 said:

also the indominus rex has been a sponsored mod before but got removed.Primal fear also has the indom and it is a sponsored mod as well.maybe this time we can get it.

A sponsored mod isn't the same thing as adding something to the mainline game proper. A mod can be disavowed by the parent company if legal issues come down the pipe even if sponsored. Just let it go man, it's not going to be added unless wildcard gets an official go ahead from Universal pictures.