Community Crunch 279: New Creature Submission, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

20 hours ago, GrognakTheBarbarian said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic, because there are at least 11 therapods to the 8 non-therapod dinos. Everything else is a mammal, monotreme, or water tame. I actually almost voted Carcha, but saw that it would be a glass cannon. Then the monke I ended up voting for has completely different abilities. The only way I can see a therapod winning a vote is if it fills a niche that you'd have to breed into, or teamwork to fill otherwise.

Dang it we keep getting “useless” giant therapods we literally got one only 3 years ago. Come on, we need something. Every large theropod has its role. This one being a siege Dino or giga rival (plz both, us over players that play on consoles and cant afford a ps+ subscription matter too) would be perfect.

I love how no evo event is supposed to help the servers run better and yet.. 968 has been down most of the day, performance on island 341 is so laggy you might as well not bother. 880 hiccups and stutters.. Where is the supposed better performance? ( tell the truth there is NO SUCH MYTHICAL BEAST-- WC and good server performance )

If you guys like my crazy idea of having the Carcharodontosaurus have a giant chainsaw and missile launchers for its saddle then you're going to love my other wild and wacky ideas for other creatures. 😉👍

710194444_Carcharodontosaurus1.thumb.jpg.677837c0c6fc3d8b8253ebe7bef53ad7.jpg
(This is another drawing I made for Carcharodontosaurus but without the saddle)

Let round 2 begin! 😏🔔

2 hours ago, GaintWalrusOfDeath said:

If you guys like my crazy idea of having the Carcharodontosaurus have a giant chainsaw and missile launchers for its saddle then you're going to love my other wild and wacky ideas for other creatures. 😉👍

710194444_Carcharodontosaurus1.thumb.jpg.677837c0c6fc3d8b8253ebe7bef53ad7.jpg
(This is another drawing I made for Carcharodontosaurus but without the saddle)

Let round 2 begin! 😏🔔

I'm going to be honest, wildcard isn't going to give it the abilities that is suggested. It will likely end up as another useless tame or if it's lucky a meat run dino, and maybe decent for boss fights.

12 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

Dang it we keep getting “useless” giant therapods we literally got one only 3 years ago. Come on, we need something. Every large theropod has its role. This one being a siege Dino or giga rival (plz both, us over players that play on consoles and cant afford a ps+ subscription matter too) would be perfect.

Then I believe you will vote for my baby when it comes out.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:07 AM, GrognakTheBarbarian said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic, because there are at least 11 therapods to the 8 non-therapod dinos. Everything else is a mammal, monotreme, or water tame. I actually almost voted Carcha, but saw that it would be a glass cannon. Then the monke I ended up voting for has completely different abilities. The only way I can see a therapod winning a vote is if it fills a niche that you'd have to breed into, or teamwork to fill otherwise.

Oh don't worry. I was being incredibly sarcastic. If any genus was added again, then I hope it's a Hadrosaur of some sort.

Cool love that there gonna be  another chance for voting even though what is needed I'm sure won't count again. I agree with Raasclark though. You all should make it where you can't  see who votes or see the vote pull. You can show the numbers at the end. Hopefully it's not just for real dinos this time. Also would be cool for something on all maps. 

• Like 1

Even though I know full well this vote was likely slapped together to give the carchara camp their consolation/pity win so they'd stop tantruming like children I have to go with either the Bison or Gorgonopsid this time. Dinopithecus scoring the bag gave me a taste for more mammalian (or, y'know, mammal like reptile) supremacy and I want to say I at least tried to reach for the opportunity to have either my favorite old school synapsid or a prehistoric steer ranch for cowboy antics.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
Gorgonopsid ain't a mammal

12 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

I'm going to be honest, wildcard isn't going to give it the abilities that is suggested. It will likely end up as another useless tame or if it's lucky a meat run dino, and maybe decent for boss fights.

True but just because they didn't add all of the ability's for the Dinopithecus that was proposed in the fan submission, that doesn't mean that they will do that all the time. Plus we did get the Tropegnathus which inspired me to make my wacky idea for the Carcharodontosaurus.

109121855_Carcharodontosaurus2.thumb.jpg.22ba217932b8640165535deb78de5b01.jpg

8 hours ago, GaintWalrusOfDeath said:

True but just because they didn't add all of the ability's for the Dinopithecus that was proposed in the fan submission, that doesn't mean that they will do that all the time. Plus we did get the Tropegnathus which inspired me to make my wacky idea for the Carcharodontosaurus.

109121855_Carcharodontosaurus2.thumb.jpg.22ba217932b8640165535deb78de5b01.jpg

Maybe, but I still doubt it & If they do they are going to have a lot of players mad at them because of it. I'm pretty sure quite a few people voted for the monkey because of the suggested ability to use guns, if wildcard gives the Carcharodontosaurus it's suggested abilities there will be backlash from it, and it won't be pleasant.