Community Crunch 279: New Creature Submission, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

Another creature vote, eh? 

Maybe the Therapod fans will actually get something this time.

I really hope you're being sarcastic, because there are at least 11 therapods to the 8 non-therapod dinos. Everything else is a mammal, monotreme, or water tame. I actually almost voted Carcha, but saw that it would be a glass cannon. Then the monke I ended up voting for has completely different abilities. The only way I can see a therapod winning a vote is if it fills a niche that you'd have to breed into, or teamwork to fill otherwise.

I can honestly say that I am shocked that we will have another vote but what the hell, wildcard is giving us the power to decide what will torment us in game. this makes me really happy and excited to see what everyone comes up with. will the Carcharodontosaurus be re-entered and win or will a new terror of the past take ark by storm!

Edited by Hunt4Life

10 minutes ago, Hunt4Life said:

I can honestly say that I am shocked that we will have another vote but what the hell wildcard is giving us the power to decide what will torment us in game. this makes me really happy and excited to see what everyone comes up with. will the Carcharodontosaurus be re-entered and win or will a new terror of the past take ark by storm!

It would be even better if it could be a mythological creature, such as the gashadokuro (random one I just googled to find) there are tons of others that would be awesome to add.

We already have many Theropods and with the new Amargasaurus we have a suitable amount of Sauropods. With the addition of the new Dinopethicus we have a good amount of primates. Pterosaurs, birds, mammals, and insects are all represented well. We have two Ornithopods, Ceratopsians, and stegosaurians. We only have one Ankylosaurian (the Anky). It'd be nice to have another one of those or another Hadrosaur(parasaur). I know it's another Ornithopod but still. 

Oh Wildcard, you fail us once again.  You put out an update that broke cryopods.  If I fix a car and something happens, I usually start investigating the last thing I did and work backwards until I find the problem.  We all are very appreciative of the hard work you all have been putting in over this last year and a half, but guys and gals…..QUIT BREAKING THINGS BEFORE THE WEEKEND!!!  Ok you been working hard on the lost island, ok great, but that doesn’t change the fact that the live game still needs help.  I will give credit to all of you, the game has gotten so in-depth over the years of development and you all have done an amazing job ironing out the most of the kinks, but it is very hard to get excited about an upcoming addition when things get broken on updates.  The chat filter is one of those many annoying bugs, and why can we only place 3 incubators in close proximity?  The point I’m making and going to end with is, a good portion of us don’t care about an upcoming content addition when the game we are playing now still needs work.

• Like 1

I’m excited for the new vote, nice to see everyone who had good ideas for cool creatures will get another shot. I just ask three things from fellow players, please don’t horde vote Carchar just because it almost won the last time, don’t assume the abilities you see in the submissions are going to be reality, and please don’t spam vote something just because your favorite youtuber said so. Have a look at all the interesting ideas that get put out there!

Personally I’m hoping for a new large theropod, an interesting semi-aquatic mount, or maybe something unique like the Shantung.

14 hours ago, Zerkins said:

Where do I send my idea for new Dino?

to the people upset about the last vote... do you honestly believe another Rex/giga was more important than a gun toten, grenade tossing baboon that never existed before? 

do you guys not have access to top stat boss killing rexs or something?

Read the dossier no guns if people actually read the cardonto was better of the 2

Allowing the community to help decide the next creature is a fantastic idea, but I think the method needs to be refined for the next time.  In particular the initial voting stage of this past one was, in my opinion, very broken.  Tons of very unique and interesting creatures were just immediately buried with effectively no reasonable chance of getting noticed because voting was enabled right from the start.  I think a much better way to do it would be to have an initial submission and discussion stage lasting a week or two, and THEN open things up for the first round of voting.  Alternatively, I think an even better idea might be to forego a first round of voting altogether in favor of the devs picking their top 10 creatures from the submissions based on a combination of 1) level of community interest and 2) what they think would work well in the game, and then let the community vote on that.

Edited by InfernoRodan