How would you tell your friend about ark?

DoughBoy93

Curious to know peoples thoughts on this so as the title says it you had to explain what ark is to your friend what would you say?

Before or the rubbish they have added i used to call this a survival dinosaur game... now its a confused sci fi shooter with lazer beems alien space ships.

I know there is gonna be some people that says the game was always ment to be a confused sci fi shooter blah blah but It don't change the fact imo the game has gone down hill with that direction.

6 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

but It don't change the fact imo the game has gone down hill with that direction.

If you're trying to get your friends to join you that's definitely not the way to describe it. ;)

Here's what I tell people:

It has a sci-fi setting but it doesn't feel that way at first, in the beginning it just feels like a dinosaur game. Your character starts off naked and afraid on a beach, you have to learn how to harvest and build things so you can survive against the various predator dinosaurs. Then you have to build up your base and tame dinos to work for you as you progress through the story. Eventually you work your way up into higher technology at which point you progress through the game and discover the sci-fi elements in the story. Like any survival game, it's really hard at first but gets easier as you get more and more powerful. It starts off as a survival game and then slowly turns into a game of progression and discovery. So it's always a dinosaur game but it doesn't stay primitive dinosaur game, like in the beginning. Eventually you have dinosaurs & high technology both working together in the same game.

11 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

Curious to know peoples thoughts on this so as the title says it you had to explain what ark is to your friend what would you say? Before or the rubbish they have added i used to call this a survival dinosaur game... now its a confused sci fi shooter with lazer beems alien space ships. I know there is gonna be some people that says the game was always ment to be a confused sci fi shooter blah blah but It don't change the fact imo the game has gone down hill with that direction.

Me: Your going to F.N. love/hate this game till you cry/rage.

Archived