Why ark is dying

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cheeky scrub lords, i will be talking about why i feel ark is dying 

1: meshers, they are annoying as heck and make the game not worth playing at all

2: the biggest issue of them all, a dosser, no one stops em and if you wana survive your base from getting raided by a dosser you must have a tribe mate to counter the dosser

"Send tickets!" I head you say, well unfortunately unlike the speed of Rockstar wild card takes so long to "fix" these issues that by the time they do you lost hours of work if not months of work

And even if said dosser gets banned oh well they'll just get another alt account and thus the dossing continues

Ohhh but yet they have the money to nerf things literally no one asked for....and to make dlc that has more bugs then a fallout game....

Till then, stay safe

• Volunteer Moderator

This topic is always new and fun.

Feelings aside, let's look at facts:

image.png

The game is still sitting around the same player base as when it was released. Peak active players is about the same (if not a little more at times) than the beginning.

So while you might be able to say the player base numbers are stagnant. They are far from dying.

11 hours ago, Blackmagic9000 said:

Hello you cheeky scrub lords, i will be talking about why i feel ark is dying 

1: meshers, they are annoying as heck and make the game not worth playing at all

2: the biggest issue of them all, a dosser, no one stops em and if you wana survive your base from getting raided by a dosser you must have a tribe mate to counter the dosser

"Send tickets!" I head you say, well unfortunately unlike the speed of Rockstar wild card takes so long to "fix" these issues that by the time they do you lost hours of work if not months of work

And even if said dosser gets banned oh well they'll just get another alt account and thus the dossing continues

Ohhh but yet they have the money to nerf things literally no one asked for....and to make dlc that has more bugs then a fallout game....

Till then, stay safe

that is just for multiplayer. More than half of the players play singleplayer but i understand I have noticed this a lot

16 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This topic is always new and fun.

Feelings aside, let's look at facts:

image.png

The game is still sitting around the same player base as when it was released. Peak active players is about the same (if not a little more at times) than the beginning.

So while you might be able to say the player base numbers are stagnant. They are far from dying.

Just to add to your comment - that graph is just the Steam players, right? Add in the Epic store users (who didn't have Ark until June 2020) and there are probably a fair bit more PC Ark players now than there was a few years ago.  As for the console side, anyone have any figures for Xbox and Playstation Ark players? 

Regardless late or not this is just my opinion 

For me a dosser can cause alot of damage, if you can't get on and this goes for your whole tribe, your done for

Ark is perhaps the best example of seeing how low people are willing to go, of all the pvp i have seen in games, ark is where you'll find the most dossing

People can and will literally do anything to clap you, so when someone asks me "how much harm could they do?" Just look at any ark news, you'll see all the dossing...so much so you could make a news article your self

16 hours ago, Blackmagic9000 said:

I say mainly of the annoying dossing, i won't say as i don't neither know nor i am a snitch but literally there are people who are paid to doss

So you "don't neither know" and yet somehow you confidently assert "literally there are people who are paid to doss". You must be a lot of fun at bigfoot conventions.

A few content creaters are making videos and tweeting there displeasure with the way ark turned out currently and nearly all mention they want more primitive style as the sci fi poop is boring 😴 

Who ever in the ark team said hey let's stick aliens and flying space whales in this game needs shooting seriously imo

14 minutes ago, DoughBoy93 said:

A few content creaters are making videos and tweeting there displeasure with the way ark turned out currently and nearly all mention they want more primitive style as the sci fi poop is boring 😴 

Who ever in the ark team said hey let's stick aliens and flying space whales in this game needs shooting seriously imo

Realistically, there is only ever so much you can do with the stats&abilities of a dino/creature based on real life. Ark's problems don't really stem from creatures design&Tek that much imo. It's more about the inability to have PvP and PVE running parallel having different balance & features and even map designs tailored to each one. I would have also preferred a more linear and scaled progression through the maps' biomes. Each one having mini bosses etc. Like Conan Exiles, although I don't like the moment to moment gameplay etc, I really appreciate the exploration/progression through areas kind of design and loads of mini boss fights for PvE. I still believe reducing caves from the Island onwards and eventually eliminating them in favour of the missions system was their worst design choice by far. 

On 8/6/2021 at 4:41 AM, DoughBoy93 said:

its been a sci fi game since dec 2015 :D

On 8/6/2021 at 4:41 AM, DoughBoy93 said:

The key word is "few".

I would argue that ARK would never have been so successful had it been otherwise. Speaking for myself, I would never have continued to play if it was strictly a primitive game. I would have enjoyed goofing around, then moved on.

Archived