About the Dinopithecus...

ORABIGaming

I don't want to be salty here or either be angry about that baboon winning, but I am extremely disappointed right now. as in my opinion, I thought that everyone voted for the Dinopithecus because ITS A FREAKING MONKEY, and if you don't understand what am talking about, I am talking about the "Monke" memes, its extremely disappointing to see people voting stuff because its a meme, I seriously don't like this year's Humor and I don't understand this... Why? I literally Don't understand this at all. voting for something because of memes? yeah, Humor is also going in games too.. I am disappointed as hell.

Thanks for your reading.
-your local idiot

EDIT: I just realized, I was a bit salty. I am extremely sorry for my toxicity over the Dinopithecus. and I understand how everyone liked it and it could actually fit the map. I still like the Carcharadonto even more, but I really hope that it gets added after the Dinopithecus.

Thank you for your reading.
-Local idiot again

I voted for it because it seems more unique and a less represented kind of creature in Ark.  I want diversity, as opposed to something in between creatures we already have.

Also worth noting that there is already a mod with a very nicely done carcharodont - completely consistent with the quality of the vanilla creatures.  Anyone on single player or unofficial servers who were disappointed by the vote can easily get both.

Side note: I don't know the monkey memes, nor did I come across anything that I would label as toxic in these forums.  There were different opinions, people shared them and one side had to win a vote.  That is it: problems get solved by discussion and sometimes argument, but that is not toxic by definition at all - it is just the way we resolve things.

I am not aware of the memes of which you speak. I voted for it because I want a crazy super baboon.

From my perspective, people who voted either way did not vote for their choice because of external influence in control of their own judgement. On the whole, people do what they want to do because it is what they want. 

12 hours ago, ORABIGaming said:

I don't want to be salty here or either be angry about that baboon winning, but I am extremely disappointed right now. as in my opinion, I thought that everyone voted for the Dinopithecus because ITS A FREAKING MONKEY, and if you don't understand what am talking about, I am talking about the "Monke" memes, its extremely disappointing to see people voting stuff because its a meme, I seriously don't like this year's Humor and I don't understand this... Why? I literally Don't understand this at all. voting for something because of memes? yeah, Humor is also going in games too.. I am disappointed as hell.

Thanks for your reading.
-your local idiot

EDIT: I just realized, I was a bit salty. I am extremely sorry for my toxicity over the Dinopithecus. and I understand how everyone liked it and it could actually fit the map. I still like the Carcharadonto even more, but I really hope that it gets added after the Dinopithecus.

-Local idiot again

Hey i thought the same thing man, i really wanted the carchardontosaurus as well and i voted for it too, but there's an official wildcard dossier of the carchardontosaurus, not the fan made one, but wildcard isnt gonna reveal it anytime soon. Back on track now, when i saw the popular vote between dinopithecus and carchardontosaurus, i auto thought about kong vs Godzilla, everyone thought kong would win of two things, he monke and that he has thumbs dumbs thing about that meme. I'll link that ment by official dossier for carchardontosaurus 

On 8/3/2021 at 8:26 AM, ORABIGaming said:

Thanks for your reading.
-your local idiot

-Local idiot again

This is not an isolated feeling I am sure. 

However, I do believe that depending on the play style, the opinion shifts. Having played Ark in several modes but nowadays playing exclusively as PvE, I see little value in this critter, a PvPer will probably see it otherwise. 

I am not that familiar with memes, specifically the one you mentioned but I did see comments here and there and I am sure there was a bit of trolling in there as it would be in any place, really, not an Ark exclusivity. This is why community voting as Wildcard did is extremely risky, an alternative would be for them to present a set of options and have us vote on those. I do believe Wildcard did want to see what would be some of the top creatures so they could build a backlog for the future. In that sense the votes seem to have been quite successful, really. They now have top 50+ creatures that have some form of community traction to consider for future maps.  

What drew my attention however, was that there were votes for its ability even though Wildcard was EXPLICIT that we should only account for the creatures themselves and the abilities would be adjusted to fit the game. It seems a lot of votes fell into this category and now we have this creature which the majority didn't care for much. These are my impressions of course and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Finally, Carcharadontosaurus is coming, maybe not now but it will eventually. Both creatures lead the whole voting, there was not much of a chance for the other 8 (although any of them would have been better options in my opinion than the oversized local zoo baboon). I do not interpret this result as one over the other at all.

So, to be a bit salty, if you can see the humor in all of this, at least whoever is riding these animals will be looking at a very ugly behind... I wonder how Wildcard will dodge this angle... They could place the camera above it, but it would seem off compared to virtually all other creatures in the game. 

I would always go for a dinosaur, plesiosaur or pterosaur over any other animal, I need to reinforce that to explain and recognize I am biased towards that. However, if this creature was and I believe it can be a favorite for some folks, congrats! I would hate not to have my Rex so I try to look at it in a fair way.

But yeah, ultimately this new creature is not something most wanted, they just thought you could carry guns as well (baffles me why they would believe this). This was literaly the least interesting to me from the top 20. Kinda funny how it turnout, in D&D this would be a critical failure on a D20, LOL.

Let it sink and I am sure this won't matter to you at all in the future.

Cheers!

On 8/5/2021 at 8:47 AM, thehalogrunt798 said:

i didn't vote for the carchar because it is literally a giga just easier to tame like it looks almost the exact same and it's propabably going to do the same damage as a giga.I know its a cool idea but we have a crap ton of theropods in the game.

True but how many apex theropods do we have on the game without the dlc installed? 3, maybe 4 if you count the spino. But im glad dinopithecus won fair and square. I for one will be taming every lost island new creatures.

so to clear up a bit of confusion. the Dinopithecus was not voted soley because MONKE!!!!
it actually had alot of cool ideas behind it. gun wielding, climbing, different abilities for males and female, throwing explosives etc etc etc. however, a lot of people did make jokes saying they chose it simply because monke. this is ok. if someone decides to choose a creature because they like the creature itself then what's the issue with that? i supported both sides as i'm a big monkey fan as well as a large theropod fan. however i chose the dinopith over the carchar as it had more ideas behind it. the carchar for the most part was basically giga but smaller. the fact that people got annoyed by the monke winning because of memes and because it was a monkey seems pathetic. i'm not saying anyone here is like that. but i have seen others act like this. yes some people did vote for it because its a monke. some may have also voted for it for the monke memes. but over all a lot of people did vote for it because they liked the ideas being suggested behind it. realistically many would have voted for it for more than one of these reasons. 

Archived