Ocean platforms

Blackmagic9000

Important things I learned about ocean platforms:

- It's very easy to accidently scrap them if you want to scrap a structure built on it.
Whenever you scrap a structure on it be very sure you have targeted the right thing.

- All structures must have a connection to the inner carrier beam of the platform.
Do not accidently scrap all connections to the carrier beam or anything on the platform will collapse.

- Generators and elevators do only work if directly placed on the platform.
If you place them on ceilings they will not work.

- You don't need to build a complete 20x20 ceiling platform at the ground for carrying the higher ceilings. One ceiling connected to the carrier beam can carry a complete 20x20 roof. I suggest to build a ring of ceilings around the outer border with some connections to the carrier beam. Then you can build the 20x20 roofs above.

31 minutes ago, Zapha said:

Important things I learned about ocean platforms:

- It's very easy to accidently scrap them if you want to scrap a structure built on it.
Whenever you scrap a structure on it be very sure you have targeted the right thing.

Yes. Yes. The horror...

My first Ocean platform was fully covered with metal ceilings. Then I saw a video about how to elevate a structure with a water bin underneath, so I started demoing the existing metal ceilings. I got into a routine... demo, confirm, shuffle, demo, confirm, shuffle...

Then I demoed the platform.

BOOM!!!!!! 

I'm immediately dropped in the water, overloaded, and there just happens to be an Alpha Mega right on me.

Cryos, vaults, tek Gen, TP pad, transmitter....

Archived