Is breeding only with level 1 females the best way?

Zapha

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

When a creature is frozen, the current time (UTC on a dedicated sessions, world time on single-player/non-dedicated sessions) is stored and is then used when the creature is unfrozen to determine how much XP it would have gotten. Whether they are stored into a rendered cryofridge is irrelevant as this is only calculated at the time of them being unfrozen. You can use this to your advantage, by keeping creatures frozen until there is an event so that the current XP multiplier gets applied on top, etc. That said, if the goal is to maximize the amount of passive XP a creature get then you should freeze it because unfrozen creatures only get experience when they are not in stasis so you would have to keep them rendered 24/7 to get the same amount of time worth of XP that you get by freezing them.

Top notch info as always. I had a feeling you could shed light on this

Thanks much appreciated

On 8/9/2021 at 1:13 PM, Piffguru said:

I say this cause I have put things in a cryofridge, and basically left the server only to come back to render it once in a while when maining on a different map. Came back and pulled out a cryo and it still had like 45 levels ready.

Also considering if you take a cryopod that has been sitting in a fridge for a month lets say, then instead of taking it out of cryo you transfer it to a different server then take it out of the cryo it will have 0 levels gained. If you had released it from the cryo on the same server it would have a bunch of levels ready. This example just serves to show the calculation is done upon the moment of releasing from the cryo and is my reasoning why it doesnt make sense for rendering to be factored into this xp gain.

Although Id love if someone like @invincibleqc could chime in on this cause he/she would probably have more factual information about it.

What often happens here is , pulling a tame out of the cryopod doesn't show the full xp gain.  WHen you say you still see 45 levels ready, simply leveling it up 1 will often reveal the 20 extra levels that aren't showing up just yet.  This will recalculate after leveling or xp gain increase after being outside for a little while.   There are also other constraints we miss.  A dino's xp increase will pause upon transfer of servers. If you don't unpod a dino before you transfer it, you will lose the xp it has gained up to that point from the last time it was out.  Also, it won't increase any xp after transfer until it has been unpodded on the new server.  

On 8/9/2021 at 1:22 PM, Zapha said:

That would mean leveling is linear.

If you tame a low level and put it in a fridge, you get 40, 50, or 60 levels the next day.
If leveling would be linear I would get those 40, 50 or 60 levels every day.

But that's not the case. After the second day you get only maybe 10 levels and after the third day you get one or two levels.

That means the higher the level the more time you need for the next level.

There's no point in arguing this , you are looking at this w/ dirty glasses.    Leveling is linear in that 2 follows 1, and 3 follows 2.....  XP gain in a pod over time is linear.   Anything else is just blah blah blah, more needless words.   The leveling tables are on the web, there's no secrets here.  @Baklap said it perfectly.  The xp needed for a player spending points to get a level 1 to lvl 81, is exactly the same amount of xp needed to get a level 200 to lvl 280.

On 8/9/2021 at 8:38 AM, Zapha said:

So you say level gaining is linear and not exponential?

The way I read their response to you was as if the 65 and the 165 you propose is 2 different animals.  You were thinking about it in terms of a lvl 65 increasing 100 levels, and then waiting for the next 100 levels.  What confused the other responder is your confusion over the limits.  There is no possible 200 levels to gain after you tame a dino.  There is 88 levels to spend total, the end.  So your proposal of 200 extra levels to spend was not indicative of actual player experience in the game.

They responded with if a level 65 after tame went in a cryofridge alongside a level 165 after tame.  They both would have the same # of levels to spend after being in said fridge the same amount of time.  Assuming the game is not broken....which I have tames that have mating cooldowns that melt away while in cryo, and others that don't.  Meaning to me, there might be little rhyme or reason behind what we see in game.  All the talk of how it works, melts away to how it actually performs. 

*Also, there is a huge difference between the lvl 65 dino w/ just melee, and a lvl 165 dino with the melee and points in other stats - torpor.  The lower level choice will be more likely to pass out while in battle because it has functionally no stamina and will pass out during long battles.  YOu will see this very easily if you play on a beginner server.  You don't notice it as much when you can tame level 150 dinos, but you notice it very fast after you tame a lvl 5.  If I were to describe this difference, I would call the 165 dino "stronger" for this very reason.

17 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

What often happens here is , pulling a tame out of the cryopod doesn't show the full xp gain.  WHen you say you still see 45 levels ready, simply leveling it up 1 will often reveal the 20 extra levels that aren't showing up just yet.  This will recalculate after leveling or xp gain increase after being outside for a little while.   There are also other constraints we miss.  A dino's xp increase will pause upon transfer of servers. If you don't unpod a dino before you transfer it, you will lose the xp it has gained up to that point from the last time it was out.  Also, it won't increase any xp after transfer until it has been unpodded on the new server. 

Yea this is basically exactly what I was explaining just in more words, I understand all of this.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

Yea this is basically exactly what I was explaining just in more words, I understand all of this.

I was just basically focusing on the first part of your statement about seeing the 45 levels ready, doesn't mean there isn't 20 more gained that aren't showing.  Yes, I did just restate what you said for the most part.

I would say right now how the game is actually running, some dinos in pods are not getting credit for time spent.  I think it might have to do with constant crashing or the servers are not performing some checks that they should be.   Like I said , some dinos are mated, then have a set amount of cooldown.  But the cooldowns are not being credited  consistently while in pods.  This could also mean, their xp gain while in pods is also not consistent.   You might be highlighting actual bugs vs, how the game is supposed to work.

8 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I was just basically focusing on the first part of your statement about seeing the 45 levels ready, doesn't mean there isn't 20 more gained that aren't showing.  Yes, I did just restate what you said for the most part.

I would say right now how the game is actually running, some dinos in pods are not getting credit for time spent.  I think it might have to do with constant crashing or the servers are not performing some checks that they should be.   Like I said , some dinos are mated, then have a set amount of cooldown.  But the cooldowns are not being credited  consistently while in pods.  This could also mean, their xp gain while in pods is also not consistent.   You might be highlighting actual bugs vs, how the game is supposed to work.

What I was saying with the 45 levels part was that I can tame a fresh dino, put it in a pod and in a cryofridge, then leave the server entirely except for coming back to render stuff and when I do pull that pod out of the fridge eventually it will have levels ready. The 45 was just a random example of it showing levels were gained while not having the fridge in render almost at all.

On 8/12/2021 at 5:31 PM, Piffguru said:

What I was saying with the 45 levels part was that I can tame a fresh dino, put it in a pod and in a cryofridge, then leave the server entirely except for coming back to render stuff and when I do pull that pod out of the fridge eventually it will have levels ready. The 45 was just a random example of it showing levels were gained while not having the fridge in render almost at all.

Then I was misinterpreting it.  My bad. 

Archived