Is breeding only with level 1 females the best way?

Zapha

OK as new breeder I have now finished the stat breeding and start now with the mutations.
I found wild deino eggs with hp 30 and melee 31, breeded some level 1 male and many level 1 females, some 30-0-0-31-0-0-0 males and many 30-0-0-31-0-0-0 females. All of them with zero mutations.

I tried out some things, got a 32-0-0-33-0-0-0 female and realized now how I can ping pong the mutations between the sexes, and that it's very important to not replace the females.

And as I see it, it makes no difference if I breed my top male (32-0-0-33-0-0-0, 2 mutations) with level 1 females or with the 30-0-0-31-0-0-0 females, chances to get the right mutation is the same.

So this is my conclusion I want to ask if it's right:
The best for mutation breeding is to only have level 1 females.

When you play on offical the level cap on dinos are 450 so minus the 75 lvls u can put in to a dino the max lvl is 375 at hatch if you want to get the most out of the dino. So once you start to mutate and breed several stats together its not that hard to reach. So thats why ppl use lvl1 fems because then you can breed in non important stats like food/oxygen etc and still keep mutating hp and melee without reaching level cap on the dino. 
Also its much cheaper to clone level 1 dinos and thats what many breeders do to get alot of females.

OK, thanks for the clarification, this makes all so much easier. I wish I would have read that earlier that it's the key for all to have many level 1 dinos.
They said it would be a waste of time and double work. Sure, you need some time to collect the seven zero stats from the wilderness and breed them together, but this saves you so much time afterwards, and makes all numbers clear and easy.

They said I would need spreadsheet, but the only point where I have to type/write numbers is when I transfer the numbers from the incubator to the name of the baby. I don't need breeding planners because it's always clear which ones to breed next.

So that's my advice to other new breeders: It's not a waste of time to make level 1 dinos, it's the best to make them first.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:38 AM, Zapha said:

OK, thanks for the clarification, this makes all so much easier. I wish I would have read that earlier that it's the key for all to have many level 1 dinos.
They said it would be a waste of time and double work. Sure, you need some time to collect the seven zero stats from the wilderness and breed them together, but this saves you so much time afterwards, and makes all numbers clear and easy.

They said I would need spreadsheet, but the only point where I have to type/write numbers is when I transfer the numbers from the incubator to the name of the baby. I don't need breeding planners because it's always clear which ones to breed next.

So that's my advice to other new breeders: It's not a waste of time to make level 1 dinos, it's the best to make them first.

I've read your posts on this in the past, and even though people have explained why they said this. you still want to do it your way. So just

do that. But don't suggest it to new breeders when you haven't experienced it enough to know for yourself why it is suggested to have programs like ASB.

lvl 1 females are great you can clone them en masse. bred females are great too ( as others have said the 0/0 mutations is what is really important, it depends on the person and what they have available. some may not be able to

make/get lvl 1's and sometimes it's just not necessary. But take our snow owls we are breeding and giving away, we have 350 females. after awhile you want to track different stats and you want something other than your memory usually. But if that is what works for you awesome. I'd just NOT suggest what you don't fully know yet to other ppl as the way to go.                                                                                                                  ( I'm referencing other posts from this individual but I am not in possession of the past posts rn, suffice it to say, they want 

a specific method to work and are beating it into the shape they want.)

There is usually more than one way to do things in Ark, experiment and do what suits you best. But offering advice ... nah. 

Good Luck regardless.

Why is that hardcore? It saves time.

Currently my 31/33 Deinos are level 65 when new born. Without "hardcore" they would have ~100 wasted points and would be level ~165 as newborn, but are not stronger.

If I want to have another 100 points, how long needs a level 65 in the fridge to get 100 points, and how long needs a level 165 to get another 100 points?

It's not hardcore, it's efficient. And you can use level 1 for all: Stat breeding, mutation breeding and color breeding.

15 hours ago, Sativa420 said:

I've read your posts on this in the past, and even though people have explained why they said this. you still want to do it your way. So just

do that. But don't suggest it to new breeders when you haven't experienced it enough to know for yourself why it is suggested to have programs like ASB.

lvl 1 females are great you can clone them en masse. bred females are great too ( as others have said the 0/0 mutations is what is really important, it depends on the person and what they have available. some may not be able to

make/get lvl 1's and sometimes it's just not necessary. But take our snow owls we are breeding and giving away, we have 350 females. after awhile you want to track different stats and you want something other than your memory usually. But if that is what works for you awesome. I'd just NOT suggest what you don't fully know yet to other ppl as the way to go.                                                                                                                  ( I'm referencing other posts from this individual but I am not in possession of the past posts rn, suffice it to say, they want 

a specific method to work and are beating it into the shape they want.)

There is usually more than one way to do things in Ark, experiment and do what suits you best. But offering advice ... nah. 

Good Luck regardless.

Giving away..? Could I have one? :)

OK, let's talk more about leveling.

After our new bossfight-dinos are matured we maybe want to have some more points on them, so we level them either in the fridge or by killing stuff.

But if you have e.g. a dino egg with stats all near 40 points although you only need hp and melee, then you can't level that dino anymore in a reasonable time. He starts at ~ 7*40 = level 280. To lay it in the fridge makes no sense, the level gaining is pointless, so we have to kill stuff. But you will not make much levels per day with killing stuff.

That means there is a frontier around level 200 where leveling becomes too time intensive.

If I breed out the 200 wasted points they start at level 80, where it's still worth to lay it in the fridge. Isn't it clear that the dino without wasted points can be made significant stronger in a reasonable time?

31 minutes ago, Zapha said:

OK, let's talk more about leveling.

After our new bossfight-dinos are matured we maybe want to have some more points on them, so we level them either in the fridge or by killing stuff.

But if you have e.g. a dino egg with stats all near 40 points although you only need hp and melee, then you can't level that dino anymore in a reasonable time. He starts at ~ 7*40 = level 280. To lay it in the fridge makes no sense, the level gaining is pointless, so we have to kill stuff. But you will not make much levels per day with killing stuff.

That means there is a frontier around level 200 where leveling becomes too time intensive.

If I breed out the 200 wasted points they start at level 80, where it's still worth to lay it in the fridge. Isn't it clear that the dino without wasted points can be made significant stronger in a reasonable time?

I think what they were saying is your miss understanding how leveling works with dinos. It doesnt matter if the dino is lvl 1 or lvl 200, the amount of experience to go up each level is the same.

Look here under creature levels https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Leveling

You can see that a dino gaining its first level up is 10xp and to get the 10th level would take 550xp total. That amount of experience to level is not going to change regardless of the dinosaurs starting or current level. So experience gain from a fridge is relevant for all creatures at any level, the difference is if the dino has already had like 50 levels put into it(after tame/birth) for example then the amount of experience to get that 51st level is going to be 6000xp which will take a while for a cryofridge to give. At approximately 75 experience per hour to a dino in a cryofridge that would take about 3.3 days to get that 51st lvl, so its basically a diminishing return situation.

43 minutes ago, Baklap said:

My experience is that they get ALOT more xp when you spend time with the cryofridge in render.

I say this cause I have put things in a cryofridge, and basically left the server only to come back to render it once in a while when maining on a different map. Came back and pulled out a cryo and it still had like 45 levels ready.

Also considering if you take a cryopod that has been sitting in a fridge for a month lets say, then instead of taking it out of cryo you transfer it to a different server then take it out of the cryo it will have 0 levels gained. If you had released it from the cryo on the same server it would have a bunch of levels ready. This example just serves to show the calculation is done upon the moment of releasing from the cryo and is my reasoning why it doesnt make sense for rendering to be factored into this xp gain.

Although Id love if someone like @invincibleqc could chime in on this cause he/she would probably have more factual information about it.

3 hours ago, Baklap said:

To get a dino that hatched at lvl 1 to lvl 81 takes the same xp as a dino that hatched at lvl 200 to get to 280.

That would mean leveling is linear.

If you tame a low level and put it in a fridge, you get 40, 50, or 60 levels the next day.
If leveling would be linear I would get those 40, 50 or 60 levels every day.

But that's not the case. After the second day you get only maybe 10 levels and after the third day you get one or two levels.

That means the higher the level the more time you need for the next level.

11 minutes ago, Zapha said:

That would mean leveling is linear.

If you tame a low level and put it in a fridge, you get 40, 50, or 60 levels the next day.
If leveling would be linear I would get those 40, 50 or 60 levels every day.

But that's not the case. After the second day you get only maybe 10 levels and after the third day you get one or two levels.

That means the higher the level the more time you need for the next level.

Ok so seems you did not read or comprehend what I posted earlier. I even put a link to the wiki showing the graph of the amount of experience needed per level as well as detailing the amount of experience you would get per hour from a cryofridged creature...

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Although Id love if someone like @invincibleqc could chime in on this cause he/she would probably have more factual information about it.

When a creature is frozen, the current time (UTC on a dedicated sessions, world time on single-player/non-dedicated sessions) is stored and is then used when the creature is unfrozen to determine how much XP it would have gotten. Whether they are stored into a rendered cryofridge is irrelevant as this is only calculated at the time of them being unfrozen. You can use this to your advantage, by keeping creatures frozen until there is an event so that the current XP multiplier gets applied on top, etc. That said, if the goal is to maximize the amount of passive XP a creature get then you should freeze it because unfrozen creatures only get experience when they are not in stasis so you would have to keep them rendered 24/7 to get the same amount of time worth of XP that you get by freezing them.

Archived