Flamethrower review

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cheeky Pyro who has been camping near the ob to burn my character, today i shall explain the best cqc (yes even beats your comp arrows and shotguns) Weapon to ever exist for dealing with players

You know true fear when you hear that hiss, makes you want to run to your thatch hut and hug your dodos....but it's too late, ladies and gentlemen, the flamethrower is perhaps the only Weapon...even prim that is highly dangerous 

Honestly let's get this out of the way, this isn't a flamethrower...it is more like a bloody blow torch thing, it's rangs is bad and doesn't leave a trail

It also ironically sucks at destroying structures...even wooden ones which is very cursed, your only real counter is haz suit as you won't die to the deadly part of the flamethrower 

"Lol just use beer scrub" unless you are rushing towards the tower screaming werid crap in Japanese for the emperor, don't....this game is all about mobility, unless you have a quick escape plan...your screwed because you can't run away

In a way for it's cons I'm glad, we all could be...anywho reloads are bit on the slow and dura drain is bad, in a way dura like flak, is the only thing that matters

What i won't agree on is why the heck it needs chips...it makes absolutely no sense...but hey it's wild card logic

Best counters are a good turret defense and oddly shotguns or dinos with good slapping power, "flamebobs" will either wear haz or flak, may hide either with skins....and are aggressive as all heck, they may rush you while on beer....perfect defense and attack...be careful of oil jars....

CONCLUSION 

It may struggle to kill dinos but it's super effective against players regardless of their armor, as i always say to my friends and people i meet

"A dino without it's master is useless, a dino with it's master is a deadly force" 

Have to add that in my solo gameplay, I attempted to tame phoenix with a ascendant flamethrower and oil, both was extra pathetic compared to a wyvern even with only 3 extra lvls and imprint. {I think it was a 165?} I was only able to tame it to about 30%, then the flamethrower broke.
Heat wave ended, built trap taller, went home and fixed flamethrower and made 5 more primative......still did not tame it compleatly, was very upset over it, never used em again.....I grind em for free oil.

Archived