The magnifying glass, Useless?

DaRyuujin

Is it just me or is the magnifying glass kind of useless? This to me seems like something that should be a VERY early game engram. I mean by the time you're able to get the resources needed to build one of these the chances are you know what materials you get from different things. as far as it showing dino health how many of us have used it to check the health on something we are trying to tame/kill? Idk about yall but i don't run up the alpha rex to aim a magnifying glass at its toe to get it's health lol

Seems to me this is something that needs a total rework, maybe as some kind of late game tek engram that can show dino health/stats from a range, kinda like a ungraded spyglass/magnifying glass mix.

Perhaps I'm missing some hidden secret to this thing? lol

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, DaRyuujin said:

Is it just me or is the magnifying glass kind of useless? This to me seems like something that should be a VERY early game engram. I mean by the time you're able to get the resources needed to build one of these the chances are you know what materials you get from different things. as far as it showing dino health how many of us have used it to check the health on something we are trying to tame/kill? Idk about yall but i don't run up the alpha rex to aim a magnifying glass at its toe to get it's health lol

Seems to me this is something that needs a total rework, maybe as some kind of late game tek engram that can show dino health/stats from a range, kinda like a ungraded spyglass/magnifying glass mix.

Perhaps I'm missing some hidden secret to this thing? lol

Used it once after rescuing a 120 Roo that was almost killed by a saber.   Put it in my taming pit and used the magnifying glass to track its health, until it had enough health to be safely tranqed.

Is still don't really see a use even for specific berry bushes. Once you get past hand picking (which is very early) then you just run around on your dino berry farming. You wont do it bush by bush.

To date I have never used one either. I suppose I can see it in Jerryn's example, but that's got to be reasonably rare I'd have thought.

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, curiosity101 said:

Is still don't really see a use even for specific berry bushes. Once you get past hand picking (which is very early) then you just run around on your dino berry farming. You wont do it bush by bush.

To date I have never used one either. I suppose I can see it in Jerryn's example, but that's got to be reasonably rare I'd have thought.

Agreeded.

The only other time I have used it was as an admin, to check on another player's dinos, because there were offline for a while.  I seem to remember it showing me the animals Health.

So, in theory, assuming they were not on aggressive, you could use it to check out the health on another tribes dinos; but I would not be the volunteer for that mission. :D

2 hours ago, kd0t said:

there are some uses such as checking health on a raft, dino health, structure health (on xbox it gets covered by the extra options message) overall its not amazing but it doesnt cost much to make either, using it on bushes is pointless though.

It doesn't cost much but for its main use (seems to be to see what you would  get from berries) it seems like something for new players. Not many new players have obsidian, crystal and metal ingots. Chances are if you have what you need to make one, you don't need it lol.

I guess from other replies i can see a few small uses but overall i still think it needs a rework of some sort.

Archived