Biome Update, The Center Contest and Xbox Patch 736!

Jatheish

The new map has pretty much killed the pve server of The Island that I play on. Nearly all of the veteran players are gone. There are an average of 5-10 players on throughout the day.  I'm just wondering if there is a plan to develope more interest in the Island? My concern is that Ark will will shut down the server because there are so few people on it.

On 5/27/2016 at 11:29 AM, NukeZX said:

You give yourself too much credit

I'm not giving myself any credit.  Just saying your ignorance led to this discussion not my post.

kid

Laughable  You're now stooping to assumptions.  I have full grown children.  Nice try.

Still, if you are inbetween breeding cycles, you should have prepared any events that might happen.

Wrong.  You can't prepare for a patch that doesn't have a time associated with it.   When I left for work there was no patch.  There was no timer.  I worked 12 hours that day.  While I was at work they pushed the patch.  Nice try.  Simply put you're just trolling now.  If you're going to actually do it you should try harder.  It's tiresome constantly showing your lack of understanding.  

Oh wait ... I'm some little kid and I don't work right???

Any downtime, the server stops and the world stops. You prepare for the fact that any breeding attempt might fail.

Again you're not grasping the issue.  I'm not talking about the down time that the timer isn't running.  I'm talking about the amount of time it takes to download the patch after the server is back up.  If there was a 1 hour buffer in there, the server was down for 15 minutes and it takes 2 hours to download the patch, you're minus 75 minutes.  Your baby will not survive 75 minutes with no food.

Especially when big patches are rolled out.

736 was an impromptu patch.  We didn't breed around big patches.  That's stupid and again you're just steering off topic.  We knew that the big patch was going to be an issue and held off.  736 on the other hand had no actual ETA and was thrown out there.

After all, this is just a alpha.

Just because it's an alpha doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a modicum of communication from the company to its customers.  This isn't just some random rant from some little kid who's mad about a glitch.  This is a planned patch that should be communicated.  Not a 15 minute message broadcast or a tweet on twitter that says the patch is through QA and here it comes.  Let people know that you're planning on taking servers down.  They knew it was coming.  Should have been communicated better.

• 2 weeks later...