Biome Update, The Center Contest and Xbox Patch 736!

Jatheish

The snow biome in my world is already big. Unless the map above doesn't show that. But either way my house and stuff are nowhere near those locations, I live in the southern islets in that little bit of beach that curves inward. 

But there's a question I have for the game devs concerning newer creatures, will the microraptors live mainly in the redwood biome? Reedwood trees are perfect cause they're big enough for microraptors to glide across the tree tops

36 minutes ago, HypnoticBunny said:

When do you plan on doing the biome changes for Xbox? 

Will we have this marker as well? I wonder if it might be the Thylacoleo or the flying squirrel fan art, Sciurumimus that will be released, maybe both. Also if the tree house building might have a retractable rope ladder. With this update.

18 hours ago, Jat said:

Xbox Patch 736!

Don’t worry guys! It’s been submitted and it’s currently going through QA/Certification! As soon as we know the status of it, we will let you know and roll the patch out. We are very grateful your patience and as soon as we can your games will be updated with the latest fixes from the patch! To check out the full-notes, you can head to our patch-notes thread:

I'm a little frustrated at the way this patch was wheeled out.  We're in the middle of a breeding cycle.  I work during the day and heard nothing about a patch being released.  Then I get home to try and rush and feed the baby dinosaurs before they die and what do I find .... another patch.  20GB of content in a week.  It would be nice to get a bit more notice here especially considering that the game itself is an online real time environment.

I'm curious.  If the patch download causes our tribe to not get on in time, is this something that can be restored?  Or are we just SOL?

1 minute ago, thedapanda said:

So if your base is in the red zone it will just be removed when "The Island" is updated?

No it is just endanger of disappearing and/or having new changes spawn in. not only your base but your dinos could potentially be endanger too. like a new rock spawns were they stand.... then poof it's removed.

6 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

I'm a little frustrated at the way this patch was wheeled out.  We're in the middle of a breeding cycle.  I work during the day and heard nothing about a patch being released.  Then I get home to try and rush and feed the baby dinosaurs before they die and what do I find .... another patch.  20GB of content in a week.  It would be nice to get a bit more notice here especially considering that the game itself is an online real time environment.

I'm curious.  If the patch download causes our tribe to not get on in time, is this something that can be restored?  Or are we just SOL?

What is the complaint? That the devs roll out patches during the week or that you are surprised by the new biome update next week?

This patch was announced  long ago, and the map details incl snow/redwood biome  updates have been announced on may 7.