Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

6 hours ago, WildTacoBR said:

pack buff is useless since gigas have like 1800% which means they deal almost 10k damage per bite,and allos have almost no hp,if u hv to whistle to do something they are useless in most of the cases,a big tanky bleeder would be better cos u wouldnt be netted,Zd,grappled or picked by a kark or wyv in the middle of a push

A big bleeder that was pushed as being generally squishier than the other two apexes ain't exactly going to hold up much better than that pack my guy. Especially if they decide to give it the (comparative to allosaurus) slow attack animations that nearly every other large theropod in the game has. Also how many people actually are going to be getting a net off if they're on the ground being swamped by a pack? Admittedly those using flyers can do it, but then again those with air superiority are going to pick you off or just pelt you with firearms on just about anything if they decide they want you and have the skill to follow through. Lastly there's still ways to halt a carchara in its tracks given the fact that large bear traps are still a thing. Lord knows i've seen enough people get baited into a pursuit only to get snagged.

6 hours ago, Elijah777 said:

Kind of dumb another pack creature that is gonna be weak and useless like the dire wolf and raptor. Great job community for picking one of the most useless creatures.

Tek disabiling, grenade usage, superior land maneuverability a la climbing, a pack buff, likely the ability to gather both meat and berries/veggies. This is useless how exactly? It's pretty much the result of a dire wolf, dire bear, mesopithecus, thyla, and a tek targeting emp grenade all getting together after a night drinking and making a simian love child 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:44 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Tek disabiling, grenade usage, superior land maneuverability a la climbing, a pack buff, likely the ability to gather both meat and berries/veggies. This is useless how exactly? It's pretty much the result of a dire wolf, dire bear, mesopithecus, thyla, and a tek targeting emp grenade all getting together after a night drinking and making a simian love child 

It would also be good if it can use tools like a mantis that way it could be good for harvesting literally anything

45 minutes ago, Arkfan15 said:

I really hope the carcar gets in for third dino.i know the indominus rex is not a real life dino but it would be perfect for this map even since there is a new aggressive sauropod either indom or carcar I'm happy with but who knows.

WC would never be able to include any Jurassic park creature without being willing to pay some serious royalties to people that can outright buy wildcard on a slow day.

Hmm why to vote if we don't know anything about new map.

If it will have missions where you have to kill rexes with stone pick or drive some creasy flyer beyond my reflexes ability in environment where you don't see anything but flashing and lighting then for sure is not for me.

Well it will be stone age map for sure because of monkey parasites.

Did community voted on Mesopithecus on steroids because new monkey have parasites?

Edited by Noa

10 hours ago, Noa said:

Hmm why to vote if we don't know anything about new map.

If it will have missions where you have to kill rexes with stone pick or drive some creasy flyer beyond my reflexes ability in environment where you don't see anything but flashing and lighting then for sure is not for me.

Well it will be stone age map for sure because of monkey parasites.

Did community voted on Mesopithecus on steroids because new monkey have parasites?

People voted for the mesopithecus on steroids because they assumed it could wield guns, thought it was a refreshing change of pace, or really didn't want another generic theropod taking up what was assumed at the time to be the only dino slot we had a choice in picking. The parasites weren't revealed until after it won and had its abilities tweaked.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:54 AM, esdren said:

huh?   Gigas have no difference in damage resistance compared to other dinos. 

They have that rage meter which before it was tweaked forced you to play more carefully with what was otherwise just a living siege engine. Too much damage too quickly and suddenly your own tame was trying to rip you a new one.

16 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

They have that rage meter which before it was tweaked forced you to play more carefully with what was otherwise just a living siege engine. Too much damage too quickly and suddenly your own tame was trying to rip you a new one.

Im well aware of how the rage mechanic has been changed over the years, but still doesnt explain what he is talking about.