Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

Fair point. And again, fair point. PvE sometimes seems to just bring out the worst in people, it's worse when you can *PvP* on a PvE server when your not allowed to, the two examples I know of are, kiting corrupted dinos to other peeps base's, and drowning offline peeps to take their stuff. There are probably others that I'm either forgetting or just don't know.

Blame the lack of repercussions for acting like an utter goon. In PvP there's always the potential that someone will come along and absolutely thrash you if you choose to act like a complete reprobate, even mega tribes and server alphas aren't immune if they step on too many toes. PvE had none of that with the war declaration ability removed thanks to abusers. I find that when an environment grants freedom from all but the most severe consequences you'll always get that one person who pushes the envelope because they always wanted to but were too cowardly to do it where someone could fight back.

47 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Blame the lack of repercussions for acting like an utter goon. In PvP there's always the potential that someone will come along and absolutely thrash you if you choose to act like a complete reprobate, even mega tribes and server alphas aren't immune if they step on too many toes. PvE had none of that with the war declaration ability removed thanks to abusers. I find that when an environment grants freedom from all but the most severe consequences you'll always get that one person who pushes the envelope because they always wanted to but were too cowardly to do it where someone could fight back.

This is why Official servers need to be wiped and moderated. No one likes the idea of "Game Police", but if you are going to behave like a garbage human being then you should be treated the same way as REAL garbage... Thrown out to the curb to be some one else's problem. ARK is meant to be a fun experience, but it's fun for no one when you are being persecuted just for spawning in and/or looking for a place to build. Officials have gotten so bad they've be come the butt of a joke, and now smart people only play unofficial or single player... both usually with Mods either to add to the fun, for convenience, or to ret-con a poor decision WC made (like the flyer nerf)

Just you wait, when Lost Island drops every PvE Server will be pillared up in just an hour and the Mega Tribes will have set up their fortresses on PvP. Newbies may get a chance to be one of them but the window of that oppertunity is small and closing in at best and non-existent at worst. Because PvE official players are trolls who will never be funny, and PvP official players are beta males with a god complex and ego greater than Frieza's. Scrap officials, let them waste away into nothing until ARK2 drops and the cycle starts all over again. This is why people play unofficial, because players are at least smart enough to know that a moderated server works better than ones without it.

3 hours ago, Vaskur said:

I highly doubt that.
First of all, you will very likely have to hit something with poop directly, if you can even reach it inside their base.
then you have to consider, that larger tribes always have backup generators and Cryofrdiges can be powered by normal generators. Even if you disable the Generator and the fridge, a Cryopod still lasts a few Weeks. it´s not stated yet, that it would affect the cryopods itself but if it does, i guess, its just not working for a short time. 
I also highly doubt, that it´s disabling Tek forever but only for a short period of time. 

We already have tamable monkey (Mesopithecus) which can hit poop in game.

Small animal with low weight stat so his poop container for ammo is not big. One should have Phiomia on follow for ammo reserve.

So shooting poo is developed long a go together with all game mechanic ( like debuff etc ) that is needed for poop work and WC didn't discovered warm water with new monkey.

What is new is that new monkey is bigger and probably have bigger poop container and second news is parasite.

We don't know where parasite live, on monkey skin or in his digestive tract.

If is on skin then is dangerous also for tame owner (or we can tame parasite?) so remain to use noglin to lead wild monkey to target.

All that mean that is developed exclusively for PVP but will spawn also on PVE servers and PVE players will surfer jet again because of PVP.

Disabling turrets even for short period of time is more than enough ...

PVE usage would be to use monkey as item collector like collecting gacha crystals...

Edited by Noa

19 hours ago, Oscuroshadowking said:

For those who do not know how to spell the name and for those keep spelling wrong the name so repeatedly this video will help you out xd 

Not Charcha, not Xaxa, not Carxa not Xarxacaxaxaxaxa XD

Ah thank you, i used to pronounce Dinopithecus as ping pong but now i see i was wrong.

Did you asked an Inuk to translate it to you?

From now i will try to spell it as you suggest. Bang Bong will be closest to your version.

Edited by Noa

On 8/2/2021 at 1:54 PM, HolyPoly1026 said:

You just described how I don't want carcharo to be made if added. They should just make it on par with Rex, Spino, and Yuty in terms of stats, but with different abilities. Bleed would be fine for carcharo since the current bleeders are much weaker and need a tlc anyways, and you can change the bleed effect quite a bit than what the normal bleed does. The standard bleed effect reduces 5% of a target's health overtime, but the Deinonychus bleed is different. If we have a creature with a different bleed from the normal one, it would be more unique and wouldn't make a bigger allo. 

If they made carcharo in between Rex and Giga, it'd be useless. It would be too strong for boss fights unlike the Rex, and would just be weaker than a Giga. 

Rexes for tek saddle,giga 4 meatruns and missions and the carcha for bleeding since carnos and thylas will never enough hp to stand a giga while dealing bleeding damage to racers and soakers

3 hours ago, Noa said:

Ah thank you, i used to pronounce Dinopithecus as ping pong but now i see i was wrong.

Did you asked an Inuk to translate it to you?

From now i will try to spell it as you suggest. Bang Bong will be closest to your version.

"Ping Pong; Bang Bong........Ding dong? you sure you touch the tralala" XDDDD 

Did they ever fix the Official Beginner Servers so players could level again?  Players were able to level to 44 max but the Gen2 update broke it.  Then Wildcard ignored Beginner Servers like they meant so much nothing to them.

beginnerserver.png

9ce773b93aa47279b4166aa3455b0f6d.jpg

Beginner servers will be wiped clean on all platforms on Aug 6th 1PM Pacific.

Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players. Join by searching "Beginner" in the server browser!

3 hours ago, WildTacoBR said:

Rexes for tek saddle,giga 4 meatruns and missions and the carcha for bleeding since carnos and thylas will never enough hp to stand a giga while dealing bleeding damage to racers and soakers

Also Rex for red osd and bossfights, and Giga for purple osd, alpha genesis missions, and titan battles. Carcharo with good stats and bleed could have use in most of these, but with extra uses in pvp

3 hours ago, WildTacoBR said:

since carnos and thylas will never enough hp to stand a giga while dealing bleeding damage to racers and soakers

Do people just forget allosaurus packs are a thing? Bring in a good group of bred allosaurs and just gnash away with the added benefit of the alpha buff. They may not be the most tanky creatures but they're reliable.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:00 PM, TyranntX said:

Troodon isn’t a valid species anymore, as it’s only known fossils are from tooth fragments. Troodon is one of the few “mythical” animals that at least resembles a dinosaur in ARK.

I can see where you are coming from, however, I looked it up and the sources differ. One source in 2017 said that troodon was not a species how ever, another source from 2019 said otherwise. Not to mention a series on sling I don't know if it is still there, refers to the troodon or at least the Alaskan Troodon as a real species. I can say I support troodon being a species.

Edited by Compyking

On 7/31/2021 at 3:08 AM, Poseidon888 said:

Aww I'm kind of happy that one won, but I wish they had kept its ability to use guns. Or at least simple tools like the mantis would be nice. There should be at least one tamable primate that can use tools. 

In fact, for example, at the time of the submissions I had proposed a primate that had such a skill to be able to use rocks as tools for farming and battle ..... But you see my creature was NEITHER a flying Baby Yoda, nor a little wyvern, (if you have seen the vote you will understand it).

12 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

Did they ever fix the Official Beginner Servers so players could level again?  Players were able to level to 44 max but the Gen2 update broke it.  Then Wildcard ignored Beginner Servers like they meant so much nothing to them.

beginnerserver.png

9ce773b93aa47279b4166aa3455b0f6d.jpg

Beginner servers will be wiped clean on all platforms on Aug 6th 1PM Pacific.

Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players. Join by searching "Beginner" in the server browser!

In fact it's a bit sad as a thing, if you think that all of this pretty much started there.

15 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Do people just forget allosaurus packs are a thing? Bring in a good group of bred allosaurs and just gnash away with the added benefit of the alpha buff. They may not be the most tanky creatures but they're reliable.

You 3 allos to bleeed damage (yh ik u can glitch using only 2) not worth for pvp

6 hours ago, WildTacoBR said:

You 3 allos to bleeed damage (yh ik u can glitch using only 2) not worth for pvp

Hence why I said pack and not pair. They're entirely viable for the simple fact that you can bring multiple packs if you really want to and reap the benefits of having more than one alpha to inflict bleed should the one you mount go and die on you. Your mount dies but you survive somehow or have a sleeping bag nearby? Hop on the next highest one and keep gnashing while the group is swarming the enemy. Think of it as musical chairs with teeth.

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Hence why I said pack and not pair. They're entirely viable for the simple fact that you can bring multiple packs if you really want to and reap the benefits of having more than one alpha to inflict bleed should the one you mount go and die on you. Your mount dies but you survive somehow or have a sleeping bag nearby? Hop on the next highest one and keep gnashing while the group is swarming the enemy. Think of it as musical chairs with teeth.

pack buff is useless since gigas have like 1800% which means they deal almost 10k damage per bite,and allos have almost no hp,if u hv to whistle to do something they are useless in most of the cases,a big tanky bleeder would be better cos u wouldnt be netted,Zd,grappled or picked by a kark or wyv in the middle of a push