Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

5 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Then again, you are just a walking target that says “SHOOT ME I’M USELESS”. You are too big and too slow to deal with multiple opponents for long, and since it’s roar doesn’t do anything you are left with just one weapon, which is useless if your opponent is a flying unit with guns. Even with a TEK saddle to shoot back, YOU are easier to hit than the attackers. A team of rexes and Yuty’s would be far more effective.

Yes, A fighter jet is useful against an oversized meat target. Way to prove my point.

Exo: Again, a replicator is just everything you already have rolled into one… What’s mobility going to do other than make base building pointless?

Okay, at this point it looks like you're talking about giga in pvp, in which case it's even better. 

Just now, HolyPoly1026 said:

Look up just one ark PvE vanilla playthrough. What do they have? Guns, Gigas in lategame, tek in endgame, because they beat the bosses. Tek solves almost every problem you have if you even had one. Just throw on some tek armor. Fall damage? Gone. Flyers? Optional. Scuba Tank? May as well throw it in the grinder. Hover Skiff is the fastest thing in the game, which is actually useful to you considering your Tropeo argument. 

That’s because it’s a PLAYTHOUGH. The are (often payed by their fans) meant to show off the game in its entirety.   Put if you aren’t showing off, then what’s the point? Who’s going to care? No one, so why do it?

2 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

The point of PvE, is to play freely without some beta male with a god complex putting you in a roofless prison just for existing. Since you don’t NEED to fight, most of the more combat oriented tools/tames either have less use or none at all.

Again, what is even your goal in PvE. Everyone else's goal is apparently a waste of time to you. 

31 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Giga is the worst, and will never be the best. It’s just an oversized vanity pet people tame for being insecure for things no one cares about (or if they are a completionist which is the only justifiable reason to get one). A team of rexes will do you fine, and is far easier to obtain.

TEK is useless because you go through so many needlessly complicated steps just to get a fraction of them down. When just having a quarry of creatures auto-gathering in a walled off area is far easier to build and manage. No need to fight bosses, just need to smelt metal and get paste/polymer. Sure TEK “makes things easy” but it’s an end game object that really only has a use in PvP, where technology determines the winner… but in PvE, what’s there to fight? Bosses? They are optional and pain to set up, pass. Wild dinosaurs? Unless you need food or some other thing your Tames should be enough. Other players? It’s PvE, if you want to fight others you are in the wrong place. TEK is useless to PvE.

Right here? You just explained what your goal aren't. 

4 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Why don’t you re-read my comment about PvE again… instead of making baseless claims that have been disproven… Like Charcharadontosaurus.

You are the only person I've ever heard say tek is bad in PvE, guns are useless in PvE, gigas are bad in PvE, and that carcharo isn't getting added. Most people seem to be on my side. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

You are the only person I've ever heard say tek is bad in PvE, guns are useless in PvE, gigas are bad in PvE, and that carcharo isn't getting added. Most people seem to be on my side. 

By “most people” do you mean just you? Because a number of people here would very much disagree.

also I never said guns were useless, Just TEK and Giga. You sure like to make things up.

22 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

The point of PvE, is to play freely without some beta male with a god complex putting you in a roofless prison just for existing. Since you don’t NEED to fight, most of the more combat oriented tools/tames either have less use or none at all.

You didn't explain your goal. You just said "play freely". Do you just keep playing until you're bored, avoiding the endgame stuff because it's too difficult? 

10 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Replicator: You have an oversized craft bench with more slots… woppty do.

Tek Saddles: You have the same affect from building a saddle from a blueprint and if you have a high craft skill. You just don’t have guns… which you don’t need.

Mek: Usless in PvE, just like the giga is Useless overall.

Exo Mek: why do you need to move a base? Did you anger someone? Oh wait! They can’t hurt you because PVE!!!

Tek Rifle: needs element to fire, which you need as a power source for other Tek stuff. So useless in PVE.

I like to make things up? Then what's this? 

1 minute ago, TyranntX said:

By “most people” do you mean just you? Because a number of people here would very much disagree.

also I never said guns were useless, Just TEK and Giga. You sure like to make things up.

No, I mean literally every ark PvE player I've ever heard. Discord servers, YouTube comments, literally everywhere.