Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Unofficial servers are where people usually play anyway. Unless you are a problem child who plays official… which if true you should be ashamed you were even born never mind endorse the cancerous behavior commonly found there.

the point is, any creature can be powerful. It’s about NUMBERS not stats.

One, I don't even play official. Two, do you have something against people that do? People can play however they feel, and they may prefer a difficult, grindy playthrough. Three, you're gonna get better stats with better creatures, and some creatures are better than others. That's called progress, which if the game didn't have, we'd be beating bosses with raptors. 

1 hour ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

Doesn't mean those specific abilities can't be nerfed. Ever heard of Managarmr? 

Nerfs are not fixes. Ever heard of Giganotosaurs? The only dinosaur who’s tame stats are LESS than it’s wild stats?

Healing JUST by attacking AND bleed? AND a deafening roar? AND it can grab creatures smaller than it? You may as well make the damn thing immortal!

Edited by TyranntX

Bring 50 Rexes into an ice titan arena. Are you gonna get the same results as bringing 50 carnos? No. Not all dinos are equal. Dinos are better than others for a reason. 

Pit 50 rexes against 500 Carnos, Numbers > Stats

also who the hell cares about fighting bosses unless you play PVP or Single-player? 

Edited by TyranntX

One, I don't even play official. Two, do you have something against people that do? People can play however they feel, and they may prefer a difficult, grindy playthrough. Three, you're gonna get better stats with better creatures, and some creatures are better than others. That's called progress, which if the game didn't have, we'd be beating bosses with raptors. 

It’s possible to beat bosses with raptors, IF they are high enough in level and you have enough of them. They are pack animals for a reason.

14 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

also who the hell cares about fighting bosses unless you play PVP or Single-player? 

Oh right, I forgot, let me just breed up my army of 500 carnos because It'd be better than 50 Rexes. Not like I could just get 500 Rexes instead. 

18 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Nerfs are not fixes. Ever heard of Giganotosaurs? The only dinosaur who’s tame stats are LESS than it’s wild stats?

Healing JUST by attacking AND bleed? AND a deafening roar? AND it can grab creatures smaller than it? You may as well make the damn thing immortal!

The heal bite is a stronger secondary attack and would have a cooldown, the deafening effect isn't that big a deal and would be temporary. 

The giga isn't the only creature with higher stats as wild than tamed. Rock Golems exist. 

Nerfs can still be added, not just to the stats, but the abilities. Here are some examples I thought of in at most 30 seconds:

- Can't grab players 

- Reduce stun duration 

- Lower the amount of health gained from the secondary attack 

- Prevent the rider from being dismounted during stun

Overpowered now? Not really. The "nerfs are not fixes" phrase, irrelevant. Pretty sure the creature is fixed. 

24 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

It’s possible to beat bosses with raptors, IF they are high enough in level and you have enough of them. They are pack animals for a reason.

Tame/Breed an army max levels and fully level them, which takes days of grinding unless your server's xp rates are through the roof, and even then you're chances aren't high. There's also a creature limit to almost every single bossfight, usually being 20.

30 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Aren't boss fights the main indicator of entering endgame or ascending? You get extra levels on your character, element, tekgrams, and great base decoration. Pretty sure a lot of people care about boss fights, and is usually the end goal for most players. 

5 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

Aren't boss fights the main indicator of entering endgame or ascending? You get extra levels on your character, element, tekgrams, and great base decoration. Pretty sure a lot of people care about boss fights, and is usually the end goal for most players. 

Most of which are only useful for… PVP.

9 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

Tame/Breed an army max levels and fully level them, which takes days of grinding unless your server's xp rates are through the roof, and even then you're chances aren't high. There's also a creature limit to almost every single bossfight, usually being 20.

Again, Fighting bosses is as pointless as PVP. All it’s good for is bragging, it gives you nothing of value in PVE and that’s the point.

15 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

The heal bite is a stronger secondary attack and would have a cooldown, the deafening effect isn't that big a deal and would be temporary. 

The giga isn't the only creature with higher stats as wild than tamed. Rock Golems exist. 

Nerfs can still be added, not just to the stats, but the abilities. Here are some examples I thought of in at most 30 seconds:

- Can't grab players 

- Reduce stun duration 

- Lower the amount of health gained from the secondary attack 

- Prevent the rider from being dismounted during stun

Overpowered now? Not really. The "nerfs are not fixes" phrase, irrelevant. Pretty sure the creature is fixed. 

Wrong on all accounts, so much so that I’m not going to bother discussing what doesn’t work. Chachara isn’t getting added… Ever.

1 minute ago, TyranntX said:

Most of which are only useful for… PVP.

Tek is apparently useless for PvE. I've been playing ark for 6 years and have always focused on boss fights. Then tek came out, and everyone wants it. Suddenly new maps come out and it's easier to get. But apparently it's useless. Absolute garbage for PvE. Teleporter. Waste of time to craft. Cloning Chamber? I'll pass. 

1 minute ago, TyranntX said:

Wrong on all accounts, so much so that I’m not going to bother discussing what doesn’t work. Chachara isn’t getting added… Ever.

Wow, that's funny. Second place voted creature, only lost because of some argument on Twitter, now recognized by Wildcard, it was even said that some of the creatures would be added onto ark 2, could even be the 3rd lost island creature, and you think it's never getting added just because you don't like it? 

18 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

Tek is apparently useless for PvE. I've been playing ark for 6 years and have always focused on boss fights. Then tek came out, and everyone wants it. Suddenly new maps come out and it's easier to get. But apparently it's useless. Absolute garbage for PvE. Teleporter. Waste of time to craft. Cloning Chamber? I'll pass. 

Right, because who’s got the time to go into the most annoying place in the game to get artifacts god knows how many times to get element to power tek? Apparently everyone and there grandma, it’s not like metal and stone bases are fine enough or anything, and hey who needs flying when you got an oversized teleporting circle?

You don’t need it in PvE, it’s just another bragging object.

22 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

Wow, that's funny. Second place voted creature, only lost because of some argument on Twitter, now recognized by Wildcard, it was even said that some of the creatures would be added onto ark 2, could even be the 3rd lost island creature, and you think it's never getting added just because you don't like it? 

I never said “I didn’t like it”, only that it isn’t happening.

4 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

All of it. You will never get an official Chacharadontosaurus, and are instead getting another meme animal… Move on.

Proof? Official statement from wildcard? Nope. Just YOUR speculation. Not only did I give a bunch of valid facts on why carcharo is likely to be added, but if they released the creature dossier in less than 24 hours of the end of the vote, it's near guaranteed they already have the dossier for carcharo. 

13 minutes ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

Proof? Official statement from wildcard? Nope. Just YOUR speculation. Not only did I give a bunch of valid facts on why carcharo is likely to be added, but if they released the creature dossier in less than 24 hours of the end of the vote, it's near guaranteed they already have the dossier for carcharo. 

Wild card is incompetent. And that’s why you will not see a chachara… ever.

Instead of optimize their game to prevent issues with structural spawning. They nerfed flyer speed, making travel time more obnoxious.

It took them YEARS to get around to fix meshing, not only is it still around but after they “claimed” to have fixed it they added a creature that could mesh anyway.

And do I even need to talk about primal survival? Scorched Earth’s ascension? The number of holes in the ground that will get you stuck for all eternity? And EVERY time they delayed an update?

this isn’t even all of them either, so don’t count on anything.

Edited by TyranntX

Just now, TyranntX said:

Instead of optimize their game to prevent issues with structural spawning. They nerfed flyer speed, making travel time more obnoxious. Which was VERY detrimental for PvE players.

It took them YEARS to get around to fix meshing, not only is it still around but after they “claimed” to have fixed it they added a creature that could mesh anyway.

And do I even need to talk about primal survival? Scorched Earth’s ascension? The number of holes in the ground that will get you stuck for all eternity? And EVERY time they delayed an update?

23 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Right, because who’s got the time to go into the most annoying place in the game to get artifacts god knows how many times to get element to power tek? Apparently everyone and there grandma, it’s not like metal and stone bases are fine enough or anything, and hey who needs flying when you got an oversized teleporting circle?

You don’t need it in PvE, it’s just another bragging object.

I'm just gonna get this one out of the way, lots of people actually like going through caves, and it gives a unique experience seen nowhere else. 

You think tek is just a for bragging? Have you ever played Extinction or the Genesis maps? Sure, tek and even metal is optional in PvE, but at least that's obvious. 

Tek Teleporter: What if you don't have a flyer with you? What if you don't want to waste time getting to a friend's base on the other side of the map when you could access it right at your base? This also goes for the Tek transmitter, which is even more useful than the teleporter. 

Replicator: Can craft any item from a Smithy or Fabricator as insane speeds, and of course allows tek to be made. 

Tek Saddles: More armor = better. Some maps can even give you better quality ones.

Mek: The near best thing possible for fighting titans and completing osds, only behind Reaper and Giga. Basically a fast Giga with projectiles. 

Exo Mek: Can pick up any structure, so you can move your whole base without crafting anything. Also acts as a Replicator 

Tek Rifle: Doesn't matter what game mode you play on, it's really good. 

These are just a few items, and I could go on. Also, if you have trouble with element, just go to extinction or genesis. 

Edited by HolyPoly1026

3 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Instead of optimize their game to prevent issues with structural spawning. They need flyer speed, making travel time more obnoxious.

They seem to care more about adding new dinos than fixing their game, so if anything this just proves my point.