Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

everyone who voted for the monke how do you feel realizing WILDCARD CHOOSES ITS ABILITIES YOUR VOTING FOR A DINOSAUR NOT A DINOS FEATURES. even if it was given a gun it would get nerfed to the point that it cant reload and instead craps in the gun. hope you like the bigger and slightly less ugly meso. thisis why we should have voted carchar, what ever we got we wouldnt be angry by ideas that we thought were garenteed but dont make it even though wildcard said they choose its abilities.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, gorillafan said:

carcharo is lame as poop literally just a giga clone, livyatan on the other hand would have been pretty cool

yea, platform saddle is lame, yea, being able to pickup wild creatures and throw them at bases to rip holes through its walls is lame. the difference between you and a zombie is that the zombie knows it doesnt have a brain, meanwhile you dont.

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid
  • Haha 1

Let's be real here, most who voted for this creature only did so because they think memes are funny (they aren't)

It's a neat idea, but it feels redundant to what we already have (climbing walls, pack mentality, Poo flinging, it's a monkey), only real kicker is it's dung disables Tek (which is just kind of nasty more than it is cool). Though the idea of making any animal be the alpha of it's pack does seem to spark some ideas.

10 hours ago, GaintWalrusOfDeath said:

#AvengeCarcharodontosaurus 🦖
289066762_Carcharodontosaurus2.thumb.jpg.136c4f1c97b2609e3caf75117d445ae0.jpg

(By the way this was one of my crazy ideas for the Carchar)

dude. wow. im not creative enough to come up with this. i thought the about having them in packs of 1-2, they would take reduced torpor from darts and arrows (so u use basilisks and scorpion army to tame) and would be slightly smaller than the giga. have a similer bite strenth to a giga.  and be able to pick up stuff in its mouth and throw them at dinos or bases to do massive amounts of damage. the fact you put a chain saw on it is frickin awesome.

The chances that Creature #3 being charchara are still up for debate, on one hand it's another carnivore that doesn't much deviate from the others (Giga is overrated and you should be deeply ashamed for both liking it and/or thinking charchara would be anything like it). Tyrannosaurus and Yutyrannus have their roars to make them unique sure, but at the end of the day most of them act the same "Just bite until the enemy dies". and that's regardless if it has bleed or not. Should it be bigger than T-rex? No, not for the sake of accuracy but we already have giga which is already too big for it's own good... we don't need TWO carnivores like that.

On the other hand though, who's to say it would have all the abilities of the dossier suggested? The monkey didn't, and it still has some use (even if other animals could likely do it's job better, and it's only real appeal would be used in PvP [which is already a pointless game mode]). so what about Chachara? It could have bleed, but so long as it does something new and different maybe it could in fact be a neat addition. what could it do? I have no clue. Should we rule it out entirely? Eh, not for me to say.

I think there are better (and more exotic) animals we could have be #3, and the idea of having it be the runner up due to how close the vote was would be cool. But ultimately it's up to WC. And we all know the devs are about as competent as a screen door on a sinking submarine.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Like 1

There's one major problem with this and that is: the fact that unless The Poop throw disables the element powered abilities of mechanical creatures like enforcers, Attack drones and Defense units it's basically not that much of a desireable tame for pve/singleplayer.

I voted for the Dinopithecus because most of the ideas behind it seemed unique. Now the only unique things about it are that it can pack buff other creatures which is great and it can be used specifically for a gamemode that I don't even play... Which is "great". 

Wildcard most likely would've changed any suggested creatures abilities to completely different ones that have little to do with the reasons people actually voted for it. Even if the carchar or the Cerato had won, The Ideas you actually voted for also would not be the creature you'd get in the end, They most likely would've turned out like this: A creature that is pretty standard except for one ability that makes it useful for one specific gamemode that you specifically may not even play. Which is just pretty crappy if you actually think about it, But if the Carchar does turn out to be the third creature. I hope I'm wrong and that it'll actually be unique and not just well, kinda boring, seemingly useless outside of pvp and just not really the thing you wanted.

4 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

dude. wow. im not creative enough to come up with this. i thought the about having them in packs of 1-2, they would take reduced torpor from darts and arrows (so u use basilisks and scorpion army to tame) and would be slightly smaller than the giga. have a similer bite strenth to a giga.  and be able to pick up stuff in its mouth and throw them at dinos or bases to do massive amounts of damage. the fact you put a chain saw on it is frickin awesome.

And don't forget I also put missile launchers on both sides of its legs. 😉

Bummer for another Monkey. Kinda expected they wouldn't let a creature use our weapons. Due to the fact that it would've made it the stongest tame. Kinda also bummer that it uses two abilities creatures already have. Though I also think it kinda cool to disable tek, even though I don't play pvp. Thanks wildcard for leaving us PVE players out of the loop again. We do pay for your games as well. The only way this thing would pay up for a pve player. Is if the troop thing was like a temporary pack summon by it's howl ,since bamboons don't Roar.                                To bad you all didn't see potential out of the Yi Gi bird thing. Granted it might have been another shoulder pet but at least it might have had it's own built in bug repellent. That would have been so useful for all maps. No more we would be getting attacks from stupid titan ant things. Also even though they might not have added it. Would've been nice to get a helpful hand on loot or the drops. Me personally think that if they just gave us a boost for loot that would be ausome. For the pvp maybe it could have stolen loot from enemy flyers. Yes i know the pego has the thief ability but it don't work i bet while flying is involved. Also I am a sucker for glowing things. So in a file I read they(archeologists) believed it might have had a glowing effect on it's tail feathers to trick the bugs they ate.                      The other I liked is the big cat/dog looking thing. Even though we have like 4 different cats already now.                                                                                                 Kinda also liked the buffalo dino. Would have been awesome to have used it as charging battering Ram. And to get a herb animal that should able to do a bleeding effect. And to put my own take on it. Wildcard could have made it like the whale where you could gather meat from it. Since the buffalo today is basically for meat purpose .                                                                                                                      I personally think we have enough meat eaters. The meaters outway the herbivores and both outway the omnivores. I think we need something more than just teeth and power. I feel we need more abilities . Something that will let us survive more better than what we have been. And please please remember the pve'ers. I hope you don't end up like Blizzard. Where eventually they only cared about the pvp'ers. To me it seems like this game all started for surving the worst nature man can imagine. Not what man is better than the other man. We are called survivors not military. 

By the way Love all the fan art.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaintWalrusOfDeath said:

And don't forget I also put missile launchers on both sides of its legs. 😉

what i said was my ideas for it. the missles are awesome too. it would be like a ground tropeo/delphis. also forgot to mention i also thought of a armor saddle, more focused on armor instead of versatility. having metal plates and abase armor of 100 instead of 25. if u needed to take out a wild giga solo, you would need the armor saddle.

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid
spelling( "i fu" to "if u")

6 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

everyone who voted for the monke how do you feel realizing WILDCARD CHOOSES ITS ABILITIES YOUR VOTING FOR A DINOSAUR NOT A DINOS FEATURES. even if it was given a gun it would get nerfed to the point that it cant reload and instead craps in the gun. hope you like the bigger and slightly less ugly meso. thisis why we should have voted carchar, what ever we got we wouldnt be angry by ideas that we thought were garenteed but dont make it even though wildcard said they choose its abilities.

I'm quite content with what we got, perhaps a tad let down at the loss of potential gun usage, but content. People like you whinging and demanding to know if everyone who voted for dinopith are bent out of shape honestly come off as attempting to find solace in the spiteful enjoyment of other's disappointment. Carchara was an uninspired jumped up allosaurus without the need for a pack to induce bleed- an ability that might not have even been added much like the guns for the baboon.

Really disappointing tbh. Thought we were gonna get an actual new real life dinosaur but instead we get a monkey that has been rediculously upscaled into a monstrous werewolf like creature. The ability that this creature has been given has nothing to do with the actual animal or what the creature should be. It’s unrealistic and rediculous, created only to add some strange change in the meta. These weird attacks and abilities started with extinction dlc and are now managing to kill the game with gen 2 being the most atrocious example yet.