Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

Me and my friends never play PvP so its will tr*sh dino again (Dinopithecus), I would have been happier with a weight-loss dino or a loot hunting parrot... But I look forward to a creature named Amargasaurus and i hope this will allow tame and breedable :)

Beautiful fan arts *.* 
3rd picture i dont like but other pictures/arts very-very good :)

• Like 2

Same sentiments as the rest here, this version isn't what we were sold on. I voted for it because it sounded like it would be able to wield weapons/tools etc along with being a good mount for travel. You then took that design and made it a poop throwing waste of space with no real value for anyone.. Classic old bait and switch I guess. This isn't what we were pitched and it would likely not have won the poll if we knew this was what it would become.

I bet all the people voting for it, because they thougt it would be able to use guns feel stupid right now. 
well.. it´s not that people told you that a 1000 times... 
Now you get a upscaled Mesopithecus that gets bombed down by Meks and Manas before it can even get a chance to use it´s main ability and has even less use in pve... EZ

9 hours ago, ReaperOverlord said:

*ahem* The poop toss will be near useless in single player or pve due to it Disabling Tek and when are players of either going to make any use of this?

I'm guessing the Tek disable will just be a bonus effect. It's a pretty consistant fact in ark that fecal-based attacks slow down and drain stamina from creatures. So I'm fully expecting this to be the same. And the fact that you can throw EBMs means that you can apply that slow in an area.

2 hours ago, TriixstaR said:

Same sentiments as the rest here, this version isn't what we were sold on. I voted for it because it sounded like it would be able to wield weapons/tools etc along with being a good mount for travel. You then took that design and made it a poop throwing waste of space with no real value for anyone.. Classic old bait and switch I guess. This isn't what we were pitched and it would likely not have won the poll if we knew this was what it would become.

There was no bait and switch. Wildcard explicitly states that, just because a creature got voted in, doesn't mean that they would fully adapt the concept that was presented.

Sure, the Gun Monke *would* have been a nice addition, but Wildcard was under no obligation to add said gun monke. 

12 hours ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

And this is why you don't vote for a creature because of its concept, non-official abilities. Good job everyone! Coulda had carcharo or livyatan, but we got a Thyla with extra abilities. 

lol better than a carno but bigger or a leedsith but more aggressive and tek disabling helps against people who camp gen 2 also climbing grenades and pack alpha bonus make this thing a literal god for raiding bases

Edited by ihasredstone

3 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

LOL! I'd bet the Dinopithecus wouldn't even make the top 3 if people knew that it wouldn't receive the ability to use guns... 😄

we all knew we dont pick abilites but tek disabling is god level and grenades and wall climb this thing can eat down tek bases or normal bases not to mention alpha boosts

Edited by ihasredstone

Everyone  on here being salty like kid if this thing didn't get the abilities it was *suggested to have* what makes you think the carchar would not saying its a bad vote just that it would have been modified Aswell and tek disabling would make the game start growing cause of how many people quit due to the game losing its primitive feel and not to mention gen 2 insta tek but the ability to raid with grenades and wall climbing AND alpha boost (most likely) this thing can majorly help on pvp and be a great pve mount and like dude we get it you don't like it go complain to elseware i personally voted for carchar but im very happy with how this one ended up

Edited by ihasredstone

53 minutes ago, ihasredstone said:

Everyone  on here being salty like kid if this thing didn't get the abilities it was *suggested to have* what makes you think the carchar would not saying its a bad vote just that it would have been modified Aswell and tek disabling would make the game start growing cause of how many people quit due to the game losing its primitive feel and not to mention gen 2 insta tek but the ability to raid with grenades and wall climbing AND alpha boost (most likely) this thing can majorly help on pvp and be a great pve mount and like dude we get it you don't like it go complain to elseware i personally voted for carchar but im very happy with how this one ended up

Um the only mildly usefull thing that monkey could offer is tek disable and we don’t know how long that last and what you gonna do with those grenades raid bobs in stone bases

Im very curious.!
Wildcard wrote "Arriving with the map will be 3 brand new real-world creatures, including the Amargasaurus and one chosen explicitly by the ARK community!"
Now we know that Amargasaurus and 
Dinopithecus will be the first two. But what will be the 3th new animal.? Will it be the carcharodontosaurus that was 1% from winning over the dinopithecus, or do Wildcard have yet another surprice for us.? :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HolyPoly1026 said:

And this is why you don't vote for a creature because of its concept, non-official abilities. Good job everyone! Coulda had carcharo or livyatan, but we got a Thyla with extra abilities. 

carcharo is lame as poop literally just a giga clone, livyatan on the other hand would have been pretty cool