Community Crunch 278: Introducing Dinopithecus, Beginner Server Wipe, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, MisterMechaG said:

While it sucks we won't get Carcha, the small victory here is that I can tame some baboons and get mutations for brown with gold stripes to look like Rajang from Monster Hunter lol

That's the most valid and compelling reason I've seen to tame one so far. XD  Still, I'm not one for apes/monkeys. I don't think I've ever tamed a Mesopithecus or a Gigantopithecus. I've always liked reptiles and birds a ton, so the "typical" dinosaur fare is way more up my alley. Stuff like Microraptors (even though I play PvE), Therizinosaurs, Raptors, Thylas, etc. I honestly can't wait to tame an Amargasaurus!

Either way, glad for those who got what they wanted out of the vote; I hope WildCard does more player involvement like this in the future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

As excited as I was for Gun Monke, I don't blame Wildcard for skipping out on that. I mean, how would it even reload?

But even then, I'm still happy with what we got. The poop toss will probably slow/drain stam like other fecal attacks in the game. They can throw grenades for ranged burst damage, they can climb and use Ziplines. And they get a pack bonus.

All and all, this is exactly what I was hoping for. A Mid-sized creature with high mobility and combat potential.

*ahem* The poop toss will be near useless in single player or pve due to it Disabling Tek and when are players of either going to make any use of this?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Abecy said:

EVO event should be a regular, just like few years ago. Why the change????/

A few years ago the multipliers were 1x. A little later they upgraded it to 2x and a couple months/1 year ago to 4x. When it's 2x it's basically 8x when you look at the very start of ark. Events are 12x from the rates of the beginning. Be happy with what you got

3 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

Ok then. What did the other creatures bring to the table? The Carcha and Cerato are just more generic therapods, Half of the ocean's creatures are "Apex Predators" like the Livyatan. Gorgonopsid could be cool, I admit.

You could make the "missed potential" argument for any creature. I just feel that the Dino had the most potential for what it could have introduced, and at the very least has something unique in being a proper, ridable monkey. Something that has not been in ARK prior.

It's pretty much impossible to have a generic theropod now. The only reason the current ones are is because wildcard don't make tlcs for them and the creatures themselves are 4-6 years old. Cerato or Carcharo would likely be similar in uniqueness to the current Spino, or even more unique, considering the TLC Spino is about 2 years old. 

3 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

Ok then. What did the other creatures bring to the table? The Carcha and Cerato are just more generic therapods, Half of the ocean's creatures are "Apex Predators" like the Livyatan. Gorgonopsid could be cool, I admit.

You could make the "missed potential" argument for any creature. I just feel that the Dino had the most potential for what it could have introduced, and at the very least has something unique in being a proper, ridable monkey. Something that has not been in ARK prior.

With the Livyatan argument, there are only 3 water apexes, and 2 of them do nothing but move and bite. 

3 hours ago, Kaho said:

Add Carcha Wildcard, without GUNS monke is just a random BABOON.

cmon ADD BOTH.

The whole "gun wielding" ability was just a fan concept, and wildcard weren't considering those when making the winning dino. That's why I voted Carcharodontosaurus instead of Dinopithecus, because Dinopithecus heavily relied on its concept abilities to win the vote, while carcharo had many different ideas, meaning everyone had their own ideas for the creature and wouldn't have to rely on wildcard picking their ideas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't know that they ever would but it would be pretty cool if lost island (or a future map) was an ark with some sort of force field or aura that would block tek all together. All tek structures, weapons, and armor simply would not work /be able to be crafted by default on this map. Maybe even as far as the super convenient cryopods! 

Any dinos that are more based around tek or element could be banned or limited much like aberration did with flyers and certain other creatures. 

Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or if a Dev would even read this but it sounded fun to me

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Did people truly believe Wildcard would just include everything in the fan made dossier? You voted for a creature, not its abilities and use. Hope you're happy about getting a pretty useless creature voted into ARK 😂 disables TEK = zero use for PvE and I bet majority voting were PvE players too 🤣

copium in action

How about fixing shadowmane when you have map out while riding you can't attack. Also teleporters, when using them I fall thru the platform constantly. Or the many other issues with game crashes and everything else, yea... How about fixing the damn games issues

At least we finally got 2x this weekend.. it doesn't fix any of the numerous problems tho. 

Edited by Geminianm1